AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

I am a paid in full Platinum Annual pass holder in Canada....I never received an email with my options. I called the AP phone number and was able to cancel over the phone. I received an email confirming the cancellation of our 2 AP. I did receive the partial refunds for the closures and am still waiting for our refunds for the remaining cancellation. However since I upgraded some WDW tickets to our APs, I am expecting to receive a cheque in the mail, which I have been told can take up to the end of October.

UPDATE: Received balance of our Out of State Platinum Annual Passes. Credit was posted to my credit card dated September 29, 2020. Our AP's had an original expiration date of 2020-11-27. I had requested the refund for the closure period on June 7, 2020 and for each AP, we received a refund of $383.13 on July 16, 2020. I did not receive the email with the option for the cancellation of the balance of the APs so I called the VIPassholder telephone number (407-939-7727) on July 19, 2020 and spoke to a CM. I received 2 generic emails after the completion of the call confirming my selection to cancel the APs. I was advised that the refund would be to the original form of payment, but since I upgraded some WDW tickets to our APs, I assumed that I would receive a cheque in the mail. I checked my credit card this morning and WDW posted the credit for the balance of our annual passes on September 29, 2020 and we received an additional $451.37 refund for each of our annual passes. I did not receive a calculation of the refund amount but the amount comes close to the amount I calculated using the formula Disney previously provided. In summary, Paid In Full, Out of State Platinum AP (not a renewal) with an original expiration date of 2020-11-27, total refund received (closure period + balance) was $834.55.

UPDATE: Received balance of our Out of State Platinum Annual Passes. Credit was posted to my credit card dated September 29, 2020. Our AP's had an original expiration date of 2020-11-27. I had requested the refund for the closure period on June 7, 2020 and for each AP, we received a refund of $383.13 on July 16, 2020. I did not receive the email with the option for the cancellation of the balance of the APs so I called the VIPassholder telephone number (407-939-7727) on July 19, 2020 and spoke to a CM. I received 2 generic emails after the completion of the call confirming my selection to cancel the APs. I was advised that the refund would be to the original form of payment, but since I upgraded some WDW tickets to our APs, I assumed that I would receive a cheque in the mail. I checked my credit card this morning and WDW posted the credit for the balance of our annual passes on September 29, 2020 and we received an additional $451.37 refund for each of our annual passes. I did not receive a calculation of the refund amount but the amount comes close to the amount I calculated using the formula Disney previously provided. In summary, Paid In Full, Out of State Platinum AP (not a renewal) with an original expiration date of 2020-11-27, total refund received (closure period + balance) was $834.55.

What did your passes cost? I've never looked into Platinum.

How many day did you use your pass? Did that effect the refund outcome?

I hope your refund is the first of many that we hear of today.

ETA I just checked mine account....no refund so far.

This will be my exact scenario- out of state paid in full and upgraded from WDW hoppers, didn’t get the email but called and got the generic emails after confirming. Still waiting here but this is good news. Thanks for sharing the details!

Cost on 2019-11-26, with tax was $1,191.74
Not sure of the exact dates we used the AP we were in Florida (DCL & WDW) until 2019-12-12.
No, # of days used was not an effect since there are no blackout dates for a Platinum AP.

I asked a VIP passholder supervisor about days used. He said the usage days in the calculation explanation refers to days you were eligible to use your pass, nothing in the calculation about how many days you had already used them. Of course we could call back and get a different answer, but he was very confident in conveying that.

I asked a VIP passholder supervisor about days used. He said the usage days in the calculation explanation refers to days you were eligible to use your pass, nothing in the calculation about how many days you had already used them. Of course we could call back and get a different answer, but he was very confident in conveying that.
This is correct, and can be found in writing here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/passholders/cancel-annual-pass-reopening-refund/

Also there is a new message when you call stating when to expect refunds, based on when you cancelled. Can't remember the details but it was October for cancellations made by a certain point, and 6-8 weeks after for cancellations made after that point, depending on when you cancelled. I thought they told me enough information that I didn't have to wait to talk to a live person.

Last edited:
So, September has come and gone .............

My wife and I had paid in full Gold passes which started on Oct 16, 2019. I had called the AP line the first week of June requesting the partial refund. After hearing about the cancellation email, which I never received, I called again asking to cancel both of our APs in July. She asked for my AP number and then read the options available, and asked if I wanted to cancel saying that once a choice was made it couldn't be changed. She then asked for my wife's AP number and once given asked to speak to her. She asked her the same questions to cancel the AP.
She sent a email to both my wife and I stating that our APs were canceled.

So ........................ no partial or cancellation refund received as of October 1. >:(

I received refunds on my credit card today for 3 out of 4 of my FL APs (dated Sept 29th). Numbers seem to have been calculated correctly including taking into consideration blackout dates. I am relieved. The 4th AP was purchased separately, so I'm hoping that one will credit in the next day or two.

Edit: All were canceled in July either via the email link or by calling in (I had to call to cancel my children's passes.)

Last edited:
Here is what the recording says if you call the V.I.Passholder Support line of 407-939-7277 today (10/01/2020):

"For those Annual Passholder guests who are on a monthly payment plan and have questions on the status of your refund, please contact our Monthly Payment Team at 888-701-4100, option 3.

For requests to cancel made between July 14 and August 11, 2020, with an active original form of payment, refunds have begun processing. Refunds may take one to two billing cycles to become available in your account, depending on your financial institution.

If your original method of payment is not available, you may expect a check by mid to late October for your refund amount.

Requests made after August 11, 2020 with an active original payment method, your refund can be expected six to eight weeks after the date your request was made. If your original payment method is no longer available, it will take additional time for your refund to be processed.

If you would like to be able to estimate the amount of your refund, please visit Disneyworld.com/passholderUpdates for information about when partial refunds apply and how they are calculated.

For all other inquiries, please stay on the line…"

[Note that the emails with the links to cancel started arriving 07/14/2020, so that is why the recording mentions that date.]

Here is what the recording says if you call the V.I.Passholder Support line of 407-939-7277 today (10/01/2020):

"For those Annual Passholder guests who are on a monthly payment plan and have questions on the status of your refund, please contact our Monthly Payment Team at 888-701-4100, option 3.

For requests to cancel made between July 14 and August 11, 2020, with an active original form of payment, refunds have begun processing. Refunds may take one to two billing cycles to become available in your account, depending on your financial institution.

If your original method of payment is not available, you may expect a check by mid to late October for your refund amount.

Requests made after August 11, 2020 with an active original payment method, your refund can be expected six to eight weeks after the date your request was made. If your original payment method is no longer available, it will take additional time for your refund to be processed.

If you would like to be able to estimate the amount of your refund, please visit Disneyworld.com/passholderUpdates for information about when partial refunds apply and how they are calculated.

For all other inquiries, please stay on the line…"

[Note that the emails with the links to cancel started arriving 07/14/2020, so that is why the recording mentions that date.]

Yeah, this is absolute BS and the SAME thing I was told at the end of August in regard to them being processed by end of September. These tactics are grotesque from Disney.

Im begging someone to start a class-action lawsuit. This entire board would job on the train - I just dont even know where to start.

Glad to see some movement on refunds!! At least that gives me some hope that this falderal will all be over for all of us at some point!

As for me, nothing here yet. Out of state platinum passes for 3 of us, purchased and activated January 24, 2020, upgraded from hoppers. Full cancellation requested via email links on two of our three, I had to call to request for DS's since we didn't receive a separate email on that. We got the generic email confirmations for all three.

As I was typing, you posted the updated outgoing message @Best Aunt - thank you!!!

Yeah, this is absolute BS and the SAME thing I was told at the end of August in regard to them being processed by end of September. These tactics are grotesque from Disney.

Im begging someone to start a class-action lawsuit. This entire board would job on the train - I just dont even know where to start.

I'm right with you, still waiting for that "magical" refund, Disney get's and F- for handling of AP during Covid!

From prior experience with class action lawsuits, my bet is there will be one, but you will not hear anything about it for 5-7 years from now. I've been apart of a few with computer parts etc, and it's always way past when you had the interaction with the company. My best guess is Disney will have to refund the full amount of the AP 5-7 years from now with an additional amount of interest added on. I know it's not much, but Disney will have to pay the piper at some point for this Horse and Donkey show they've put AP through.

Serenity Now!!!!

I checked online this morning and it looks like the refund for my AP cancellation was posted to my credit card. It was double the amount I received from Disney a couple of months ago for when the parks were temporarily closed earlier this spring. Hopefully this means the refund process has actually started now for everyone else too. :)

Personally I think people are equating poor handling and planning to subterfuge. Disney is a huge company and I think they should be handling things way way better, but with that said I still don't think any of this is happening in bad faith. I understand peoples money is being tied up and that's awful and I'm upset too, but personally think calls for a class action are a bit over the top.

I'm glad to hear people are getting refunds finally. Still don't think I'll get mine for a while based upon a Sams Club purchase, but I'm hopeful nonetheless.

Received one refund on credit card for cancelled out of state platinum AP yesterday. Original expiration was 5/28/20. Refund was $186.79.
Does anyone know if gift card purchases are refunded to gift card, or refunded by check? The second cancelled AP was purchased with a gift card and I'm going crazy trying to find it.

ETA- I just found it! Although, I'm still curious, if anyone knows the answer.

Last edited:
I usually check a few times a day. Earlier today my refund wasn't showing but it's there now. So they are processing pretty quickly now.

Would you mind sharing any details?
I'm not sure how much the refund was in USD because I am Canadian and the refund shows on my card as CAD. I upgraded park hopper tickets on December 14, 2019 and requested my cancellation on July 14th, 2020 through the email that was sent. My refund in CAD was $1224.89.

I received a refund to my credit card today for $396.20. I had a platinum pass with an original expiration date of 7/5. We took a trip the week of 7/11 so I was able to use the pass for that trip before submitting an online request to cancel on 8/11.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter