AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Yeah, it does feel like an end of an era for me, and honestly I feel like a jilted lover. When I think of what a mess this whole handling has been it makes me think that they don't love AP holders like I once thought they did. It is like "how long have you felt like this? Did our relationship ever mean anything to you???"

DH and I were talking last night and we both agree that we won't be too sad if our planned Christmas trip gets cancelled (which I switched to be an admission-included package so I could cancel our APs), we both feel like we'll need some time before feeling the love for and from Disney again.
I feel the EXACT same way. We cancelled our APs Sunday night (me crying while the CM confirmed our choice) and I felt like I had been dumped. On Monday, I removed my pealing Pluto passholder magnet off my car and threw it in the trash. We have a 2021 trip planned and I have ZERO excitement for it. None. That alone is heartbreaking to me.

So I read this is how they are calculating the refund. I can’t seem to wrap my head around it, anyone who understands what it means could you post an example of a pass and what the refund would be?

• The usable value of your pass(es) equals the total sale price of your pass(es) multiplied by the number of days that you could have visited any park prior to March 16 and divided by the total number of access days to any park permitted under the pass(es) at pass activation.

So I read this is how they are calculating the refund. I can’t seem to wrap my head around it, anyone who understands what it means could you post an example of a pass and what the refund would be?

• The usable value of your pass(es) equals the total sale price of your pass(es) multiplied by the number of days that you could have visited any park prior to March 16 and divided by the total number of access days to any park permitted under the pass(es) at pass activation.
See posts #3353 and #3360 in this thread.

Disney never contacted me about this and I haven't been on the boards much lately. So I had no idea this was happening.

I have an AP that renewed in March. I mean, March. Sheesh. I paid for the renewal in January because I'd just gotten the JetBlue credit card and they were giving 40,000 points if you spent $1,000 within the first 90 days. Perfect, I thought, I'll just charged my AP renewal, which is over $1,000.

Now I have 44,000 JetBlue points I won't use until who-knows-when and an AP renewal that I've never used and may never use even though it's good through July something, 2021.

My hope is that I can use it for a trip next May, but who knows what will be going on next May? Not I. We have a trip scheduled for December, but right at the moment, it seems very very unlikely that we'll go.

I figured I wasn't going to cancel the AP no matter what since the purchase sort of prepaid for a lot of flights in my future. These flights were going to be to WDW. Now I feel like I paid $1,000+ (I forget the exact amount of the renewal) for nothing. I'm in NYC. No way would I go to Florida right now. It's not even the being there--it's the getting there and back and the quarantine upon return. Just impossible to accomplish.

Disney never contacted me about this and I haven't been on the boards much lately. So I had no idea this was happening.

I have an AP that renewed in March. I mean, March. Sheesh. I paid for the renewal in January because I'd just gotten the JetBlue credit card and they were giving 40,000 points if you spent $1,000 within the first 90 days. Perfect, I thought, I'll just charged my AP renewal, which is over $1,000.

Now I have 44,000 JetBlue points I won't use until who-knows-when and an AP renewal that I've never used and may never use even though it's good through July something, 2021.

My hope is that I can use it for a trip next May, but who knows what will be going on next May? Not I. We have a trip scheduled for December, but right at the moment, it seems very very unlikely that we'll go.

I figured I wasn't going to cancel the AP no matter what since the purchase sort of prepaid for a lot of flights in my future. These flights were going to be to WDW. Now I feel like I paid $1,000+ (I forget the exact amount of the renewal) for nothing. I'm in NYC. No way would I go to Florida right now. It's not even the being there--it's the getting there and back and the quarantine upon return. Just impossible to accomplish.
Try pleading with them

Sorry I haven’t read all of the posts here, so this may have already been addressed...

One of my sons has an AP that was renewed in January... but never officially activated at the parks. I’m assuming that it will be extended just as our other passes have been, but I haven’t found this exact situation addressed anywhere & could never get through to the AP line. Is anyone else in this situation?? I hate not being able to know for sure 🤦🏻‍♀️
Same situation here: I renewed my AP in Jan for a March expiration: because my old AP expired and new one began while parks were closed, I've yet to use the renewal to enter a park. My expiration date was extended 117 days that the parks were closed, plus another 30. You should see the extended expiration date in MDE.

Same situation here: I renewed my AP in Jan for a March expiration: because my old AP expired and new one began while parks were closed, I've yet to use the renewal to enter a park. My expiration date was extended 117 days that the parks were closed, plus another 30. You should see the extended expiration date in MDE.
Yes, my extended date is there. It's just possible that I'll never make it to WDW between now and next July. I hope to heck that's not true. I've been telling myself that even if I get one mid-May trip and a points-paid-for airline flight out of it, it'll be worth it. If not, I prepaid for a lot of airline miles, I guess.

Received 1 out of 2 AP partial refund checks in the mail today - completely by surprise. I had finalized both AP cancellation requests via an email sent by Disney on 7/14/2020, there was a link in the email to commit to a refund (or extension).

Curious if the other refund will appear in the mail tomorrow. Both of these AP's were originally paid for on a CC, which is still current, and linked to my Disney Profile, so not sure why a CC refund didn't occur as expected.

Received 1 out of 2 AP partial refund checks in the mail today - completely by surprise. I had finalized both AP cancellation requests via an email sent by Disney on 7/14/2020, there was a link in the email to commit to a refund (or extension).

Curious if the other refund will appear in the mail tomorrow. Both of these AP's were originally paid for on a CC, which is still current, and linked to my Disney Profile, so not sure why a CC refund didn't occur as expected.
Last friday I received 1 out of 2 partial refund checks for the closure period for my wife and I's Platinum Annual Passes paid by gift cards. We also called to cancel both of our passes also. Hoping we get the other check for the other closure period. Our passes have not been extended for the closure dates either so hope we get that other check lol

Just curious. Did anyone get the entire amount of their AP renewal purchase refunded?

I feel the same way as other, so very sad to have had to cancel my pass, but Disney has really botched this process every step of the way. I haven't received my "second" full refund portion yet, I got the first part for the closure, but not the cancellation part. On a side note, I think it's wrong of Disney to extend the pass cancellation point into August... it's like they are trying to squeeze passholders out of every last drop. I cancelled in June, and Disney will charge me another two months worth of time... sad.....

I feel the same way as other, so very sad to have had to cancel my pass, but Disney has really botched this process every step of the way. I haven't received my "second" full refund portion yet, I got the first part for the closure, but not the cancellation part. On a side note, I think it's wrong of Disney to extend the pass cancellation point into August... it's like they are trying to squeeze passholders out of every last drop. I cancelled in June, and Disney will charge me another two months worth of time... sad.....
I did not get charged for July acutally

I did not get charged for July acutally
That's good to hear, If Disney were on the up and up, they'd refund the full amount from any passholders last visit, so if you had renewed, and not visited due to COVID you get a 100% refund, but alas, this probably will not happen. Eager to see what I end up getting back.

Hmmm. Mine is showing up like a brand new “voucher” and is called a “renewal certificate” with a 2030 expiration date ?? Maybe it’s because it’s a FL resident AP (which requires proof of address to validate)... but nothing helpful in MDE... and no proof that it will be extended like it should be. Surely it will when we activate it!! 🤞🏻

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter