AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Wish I didn’t have to run when I did after I actually had someone on chat even though they weren’t helpful. I could have pushed. Oh well. Looks like it will be a late night on the phones. I can’t even get chat to pull up now on the computer. I’m guessing I’m fine since my dates only show the extension of 30 days and I was pretty clear that I wanted them cancelled but I’m afraid to leave it to chance. Maybe just a follow up email will do the trick...

I just found the original email with the link. In my mind that’s good enough. I may try to call again later tonight but after 40 mins on hold I’m over it. I’ll try again tomorrow. They can’t claim deadline when I’ve already used their link.

OK I need serious help. I have an annual pass and I have two for my children that are under my my Disney account. But I only got an email with the personalized link fr
Or my pass, not for the two kids. And one of them I need to cancel. Why didn’t they send links for all your passes? Do I just have to call? Currently I can’t get through.

I just found the original email with the link. In my mind that’s good enough. I may try to call again later tonight but after 40 mins on hold I’m over it. I’ll try again tomorrow. They can’t claim deadline when I’ve already used their link.

They told me on the phone earlier, if you got an email confirmation after clicking the link you are good. Assuming you don't have multiple passes associated with your account.

They told me on the phone earlier, if you got an email confirmation after clicking the link you are good. Assuming you don't have multiple passes associated with your account.
So what do you do if u DO have multiple passes on that account. I have mine and my two kids but only got one email

OK I need serious help. I have an annual pass and I have two for my children that are under my my Disney account. But I only got an email with the personalized link fr
Or my pass, not for the two kids. And one of them I need to cancel. Why didn’t they send links for all your passes? Do I just have to call? Currently I can’t get through.
Yeah, unfortunately you're going to have to call. I had to call to cancel my DS's pass, as we were in the same boat. I got my email, DH got his, but DS's needed to be called in to cancel since there was no email to link from. I had thought *maybe, just maybe* my clicking my link would have cancelled his as well since he's under my MDE, but it hadn't.

Best of luck everyone! I still just cant believe the way this has been and continues to be handled - unbelievable!

OK I have one more question. Are they selling new annual passes? Or are they only allowing renewals? Here’s my dilemma. My husband’s pass expires in early October. But our next trip is the first week in November. I was going to cancel his and then just buy a new one for our November trip. But that won’t work if they aren’t selling new ones.It would be a DVC gold pass.

Cancelled our APs via online chat late this afternoon. Took about 40 minutes to connect and then that CM had connection issues and I ended up with someone else. It was about as expected, thanks to this board letting me know not to expect much actual information. I'm pretty sure this CM was less informed than the Disney website. But I just tried to ask a lot of questions and screenshot the less-than-detailed answers, in case the refund is not what I expect. We upgraded park-hoppers to paid-in-full out-of-state APs on March 8th - then the parks closed 8 days later. So, in theory, we should get back almost the full price of the APs. I asked the CM multiple times if the refund was based on the full price or the upgrade amount paid. They said full price. Hope that is right, as it's a huge difference. After pressing the refund amount issue, they did say they were putting in a request for me to receive an "estimation of refund" email in 72 hours, but passes still effectively cancelled today. I did that, so I guess we'll see what I get.

Just wanted to toss in my story, in case it helps anyone. It absolutely blows my mind that Disney is asking us to make a commitment involving a significant amount of money without being able to tell us how much. I also requested (via email last week) that they could cancel our APs and give us vouchers instead because we bought so close to when they closed. They said no, that was impossible. I don't understand why they want to give back money when people are willing to let them keep it in exchange for future benefits. Oh, well. We upgraded via gift cards, so I'm guessing I'll receive a check in October, though this CM could not tell me that either. Way to be transparent, Disney! At least, thanks to this board, I knew to call/chat because our email links would probably not cancel our daughter's pass (both adults got an email). I cannot imagine how many people "think" they cancelled for their whole family via their link and didn't. What a mess. Sorry for the rant. I appreciate all the info on this thread.

One more remark - I've seen people discussing sales tax. As someone who files business sales tax returns as part of my job, Disney needs to refund the tax as well - they presumably will be taking a deduction against their taxable sales on their tax returns and that means that they'll get a credit/refund for the related taxes from the state as well. I can't imagine it wouldn't work that way unless they have a special arrangement with Florida since they are obviously a large tax source for the state.

Last edited:
OK I have one more question. Are they selling new annual passes? Or are they only allowing renewals? Here’s my dilemma. My husband’s pass expires in early October. But our next trip is the first week in November. I was going to cancel his and then just buy a new one for our November trip. But that won’t work if they aren’t selling new ones.It would be a DVC gold pass.
Not selling new passes yet, so if you cancelled and regretted you are out of luck

I received email confirmation for the cancellations of passes I had email links for. But I had to call about 1 that I didn’t get an email link for. And I didn’t get any email confirmation for that cancellation. Did those of you who canceled by phone get a confirmation email? Do I need to call back?

3 hrs (went to costco, some other errands.. loop music was challenging to say the least) done in a couple of minutes once connected..feel bad for the cast members answering the phone....

We’ve got 5 passes on the same account.
Just tried calling again, couldn’t get through.

The email confirmation says passes cancelled and auto message when you call says if you cancelled via link don’t call.

If I don’t get through tonight I’m not gonna sweat it. I’ve got a case to make them refund the other ones as I’ve done as I’m supposed to according to them. And I’ve got the backup.

I received email confirmation for the cancellations of passes I had email links for. But I had to call about 1 that I didn’t get an email link for. And I didn’t get any email confirmation for that cancellation. Did those of you who canceled by phone get a confirmation email? Do I need to call back?
I did get an email confirmation on the cancellation for DS's pass that I didn't get an email link and had to call on. But with how inconsistent everything is, I don't know how important or unimportant that is. None of the three cancellation confirmations that we received have any identifying information on them - no names, no nothing. DH's was sent to his email address, and DS's and mine were sent to my email address, that's about all the identification on them so they're certainly not very descriptive. If you have the patience for it, I would probably try to call or chat just to give you peace of mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter