AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

You all know they updated the monthly payments AP info on the website, right? I received a message from MDE and an email about it. It's supposed to provide "clarification" but my brain hurts trying to figure it out...

If you are an Annual Passholder on the monthly payment plan, your options are (Note, options previously communicated have been clarified - no new options added):
Option 1: Continue with your pass(es) and receive a 30-day extension (no additional action required)
. You'll receive an additional one-month (30 days) extension to your pass(es).
  • This additional month will automatically be processed and visible in your My Disney Experience account over the coming weeks.
  • With this option, you may also be eligible for an automatically processed partial refund if your payments exceed the usable value of your pass(es) per the details here on when partial refunds apply and how they are calculated.
  • Refunds to original form of payment can be expected by mid- to late September. If original form of payment is not available, you should expect a check by mid- to late October.
  • Please note that the V.I.PASSHOLDER Support phone line is not able to provide a specific refund amount since each pass circumstance is unique and based on factors such as: new or renewal, down payment amount, refunds to date, future payments, etc.
  • Learn about refunds for Annual Passholders who opted to continue their annual passes.
Option 2: Cancel your pass(es). If you prefer, and in lieu of the additional one-month extension, you may choose to cancel your annual pass(es).
  • Monthly payments will be stopped starting August 12, 2020. Your pass(es) will remain valid through August 11, 2020 and will be canceled effective August 12, 2020.
  • You may also be eligible for an automatically processed partial refund if your payments exceeded the usable value of your pass(es) per the details here on how partial refunds, if applicable, are calculated.
  • Refunds to original form of payment can be expected by mid- to late September. If original form of payment is not available, you should expect a check by mid- to late October.
  • Learn about refunds for Annual Passholders who opted to cancel their annual passes.
How to take action:
  • If you have already elected to cancel your pass(es), this will be automatically processed for your pass(es). You do not need to take any additional action.
  • If you have not selected any option (no action) and would like to select this option to cancel your pass(es), please refer to the email from Disney Destinations on July 14, 2020 and use the personalized link available through August 11, 2020. Or, you may contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277. We appreciate your patience as we answer all inquiries.
  • If you previously took action to elect to continue with your pass(es) and now would like to cancel your pass(es), please call V.I.PASSHOLDER at (407) 939-7277. We appreciate your patience as we answer all inquiries.
  • Please note that the V.I.PASSHOLDER Support phone line is not able to provide a specific refund amount since each pass circumstance is unique and based on factors such as: new or renewal, down payment amount, refunds to date, activation dates, etc.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/annual-passes
Q.

I’m an Annual Passholder who opted to continue my annual pass, and I may be eligible for a refund due to the parks closure. How will annual pass refunds be calculated?
A.

If you previously elected to have payments waived (not postponed) during the park closure period, you may be eligible to receive a refund. No additional action is required.
Partial Refund Eligibility/Calculation
  • The refund amount, if any, for each pass circumstance is unique and based on factors such as: new or renewal, down payment amount, refunds to date, future payments, etc.
  • If the total amount that you already paid for your pass(es) (minus any refunds already given and any payments waived, returned or not collected) plus the total amount that you are obligated to pay for your pass(es) in future payments that are not yet due exceeds the “usable value” (see below) of your pass(es), that excess will be automatically refunded to you.
  • The usable value of your pass(es) equals the total sale price of your pass(es) multiplied by the total number of access days to any park permitted under the pass(es) at pass activation excluding the period March 16 – July 10 (March 16 – July 14 if your pass(es) only allow admission to Epcot) and divided by the total number of access days to any park permitted under the pass(es) at pass activation.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/passholders/continue-annual-pass-reopening-refund/

I'm on monthly payments. And I want to continue my AP with the extensions. So I think I do nothing - and some kind of small refund may come my way? I don't really care, TBH. I'm keeping it because I'll get my money's worth. So I'll just carry on and if a refund comes, it comes.

Trying to call the "VIP" line this morning and getting an "all circuits busy" error message. Have people encountered this on other days? Will it actually clear up?

I tried the online chat and the CM said that he couldn't process a pass cancellation for me (which is frustrating, since people in this thread have said they got their passes cancelled over chat), and that I should try again in mid-afternoon when call volumes are supposedly lower. And all this is because I was supposed to get a call-back but didn't! Argh.

I'm on monthly payments. And I want to continue my AP with the extensions. So I think I do nothing - and some kind of small refund may come my way?
We are in the same position. I don't believe we are due any kind of "small refund". Our monthly payments have resumed and should continue through the new expiration date (minus the 30 day extension?)

Trying to call the "VIP" line this morning and getting an "all circuits busy" error message. Have people encountered this on other days? Will it actually clear up?

Well, it cleared up sooner than I expected. Now to see how long the hold time is...

PP passed on a formula. I personally have not seen that formula in an email or on the Disney World website. However, I'm sure that PP passed on the information to be helpful to us. According to that formula, you would calculate your refund as follows:

a) Write down the amount you paid for the annual pass.

b) Write down the date that you activated your AP at Disney World. You "activated" it by going to a Ticket Window or a Guest Relations window at Disney World. They should have handed you the AP card at that time.

c) Count the number of days between when your AP was activated and 03/16/2020 (the day the parks were closed).
So in your case, for December it's from the day your pass was activated to the 31st. January 2020 had 31 days. February 2020 had 29 days. For March 2020 use 15 days because the parks were closed beginning 03/16/2020.

d) (The amount you wrote down in Step A as the amount you paid) x (the number of days you counted in Step C) divided by (366 days per year because 2020 is a leap year) = the dollar amount of your usable value.

e) (The amount you wrote down in Step A as the amount you paid) minus (the dollar amount of the usuable value you calculated in Step D) = your refund amount.

If people think I'm wrong, let me know and I will delete.

Edit: this assumes you paid all at once (not monthly payments) and it assumes you waited until July to cancel.
so, if I renewed online (December ) but I have not gone to the park yet to activate it then I should get a full refund? I don’t want a refund I just would love if my new exp. date would be when I actually activate my voucher. Which would be 9/26/2020.

I have gotten so many conflicting answers. One CM actually said my pass would expire in December 2020-no extension!!! I told her at minimum it should expire 117 days from 12/18/19 (when my original pass was renewed)

I Will not know anything for certain until I go to guest relations in September.

We are in the same position. I don't believe we are due any kind of "small refund". Our monthly payments have resumed and should continue through the new expiration date (minus the 30 day extension?)
I can't see how I would be due a refund: my AP renewed during the closure, so I haven't used it at all in its current year, and with the extensions, I'm getting 13 months of use while parks are open. But hey, if Mickey wants to slip me a few dollars, I won't complain lol!

so, if I renewed online (December ) but I have not gone to the park yet to activate it then I should get a full refund? I don’t want a refund I just would love if my new exp. date would be when I actually activate my voucher. Which would be 9/26/2020.

I have gotten so many conflicting answers. One CM actually said my pass would expire in December 2020-no extension!!! I told her at minimum it should expire 117 days from 12/18/19 (when my original pass was renewed)

I Will not know anything for certain until I go to guest relations in September.
If you haven’t activated your AP, surely you don’t need to do anything and you have until 2023 to activate it.

If you haven’t activated your AP, surely you don’t need to do anything and you have until 2023 to activate it.
No, if you “renew” it starts the day after your old pass expires. If you take advantage of the 15% off renewal rate, you don’t get a true voucher that is good until you activate it. It automatically activates once your old pass is up.

To the OP, what does it say on MDE for your AP expiration date? it should have updated by now to reflect the new months they added on.

I tried the online chat and the CM said that he couldn't process a pass cancellation for me (which is frustrating, since people in this thread have said they got their passes cancelled over chat), and that I should try again in mid-afternoon when call volumes are supposedly lower. And all this is because I was supposed to get a call-back but didn't! Argh.
I just received this from online chat, so maybe try again.....
517195517196CFA875E4-3EC8-4537-BD93-C4EEF5227541.pngFFAB5412-F285-4E29-A87A-75C2FA8F0A00.pngCFA875E4-3EC8-4537-BD93-C4EEF5227541.pngFFAB5412-F285-4E29-A87A-75C2FA8F0A00.png

Does anyone have an email address for a CM that deals with Annual Passes? I want to contact them.

The chat feature - does an agent need to activate the enter button/arrow?? I’m writing, but unable to submit anything. Arrow button is greyed out

Or maybe my browser is messed up?

The chat feature - does an agent need to activate the enter button/arrow?? I’m writing, but unable to submit anything. Arrow button is greyed out

Or maybe my browser is messed up?
You should see a message about please wait while we find a cast member to assist you.

Also, are people receiving their refund estimates via chat? Or only through email within 72 hrs

I called last week and the phone agent couldn't give it to me over the phone. VIP sent me an email on Sat with the info.

Now I need help with my husband (identical to my AP) and son, ugh

(I never received the initial email; only found out about the refunds last week...)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter