AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

We have yet to have the 30 days added to our passes. We have the Platinum Plus Passes and most that I’ve seen have been Gold or Silver. Is this the experience of anyone else?

Our Platinum Plus passes have been extended. Didn’t get an email, didn’t choose an option, but had the 117 day extension earlier and then the one month extension yesterday.

Hi. We still haven’t received emails with the options yet either. We are paid in full annual pass holders who live in New Jersey.

We bought our passes October 2019 and used them for the first time for that trip. We planned to visit Disney April 2020 to get two trips out of the passes but they were closed at that point.

I would like to request the refund but it sounds like without the email, if I just call to request the refund, I won’t be able to?

Noreen

For paid in full AP Disney notes if you cancel “You will be refunded for the remaining access days of your annual pass from July 11, 2020 through your pass expiration date (as extended, if applicable).” Like many others, I have contacted Disney and they will not provide an answer as to how they are calculating the refund. How can they ask me to make a nonreverseable decision whether or not to cancel and refuse to confirm how they are calculating the refund? Do they seriously expect me to make a decision and hope that I like their calculation when I receive the refund several months from now? That’s like asking me to buy something without knowing how much it will cost until I receive the bill a couple months from now!! Even if I could elect to reverse my decision to cancel and keep my pass after I discover their magical refund amount, the refund may not be processed until the fall...by then I would have missed out on a couple of months of park entry.
I have a platinum pass with no black out days so the question becomes what is the value of each “remaining access day?” The calculation should be what I paid for the pass divided by 365 times the number of days left on my pass 7/11-extended expiration date. Why is Disney being so tightlipped about the calculation/value of each remaining access day? Certainly makes me concerned...Disney can calculate the value of each remaining access day to be whatever they want. It’s nearly impossible to make a decision.

I have 2 concerns.

Maybe I’m just missing them, but have any posts mentioned how kids passes can be cancelled since they don’t get emails?
I received only 3 emails for 4 adult and 2 child Florida Silver passes and
I’m reluctant to click the link to automatically do anything. Both because I don’t know how to be sure I get all 6 passes covered through those 3 email links and because of not knowing what the refund will be.

Someone with that same type of pass posted on another thread that they only received $120 something for cancelling a pass with an original expiration date of Dec 4. That seems like an absurdly low amount and I wouldn’t want to cancel for that.
Our passes were activated on February 2 so only had 1 1/2 months before the closure. So for the remaining 10 1/2 months I would expect over $400 back easily (original cost $500 something). But based on his experience (expiration 2 months before mine) it would be a small fraction of that.
Has anyone else cancelled a Florida silver pass and know what their refund will be?

FL Resident Platinum pass on the monthly payment plan - 30 day extension posted today for both myself and my wife.

I would like to request the refund but it sounds like without the email, if I just call to request the refund, I won’t be able to?

You should be able to request the refund by phone even if you did not receive the email.

Have your AP handy when you call, because they might ask you for the number on the back.

Prepare to be on hold a long time. I was on hold for 2 hours yesterday. Pee before you call and make sure your phone is charged.

Hi. We still haven’t received emails with the options yet either. We are paid in full annual pass holders who live in New Jersey.

We bought our passes October 2019 and used them for the first time for that trip. We planned to visit Disney April 2020 to get two trips out of the passes but they were closed at that point.

Noreen
I did not get an e-mail so I called and was able to cancel over the phone. She did ask me for the number on the back of my AP card which I had available. I called at 7am EST and got through in a little over an hour. My pass is the platinum pass that I activated in December 2019 that I used over Christmas and MLK week.

Selected cancel for both of us, checked this AM and got extended until April 5th. Either they are being incredibly generous given how much we have spent with them over the years or it's a mistake. Good thing I screen captured our cancellation requests in case this gets challenged in the future.

You should be able to request the refund by phone even if you did not receive the email.

Have your AP handy when you call, because they might ask you for the number on the back.

Prepare to be on hold a long time. I was on hold for 2 hours yesterday. Pee before you call and make sure your phone is charged.

Thank you for the info - I’ll do that. And I love the reminder to pee before calling (I have a small bladder) so I totally relate to this reminder.

I did not get an e-mail so I called and was able to cancel over the phone. She did ask me for the number on the back of my AP card which I had available. I called at 7am EST and got through in a little over an hour. My pass is the platinum pass that I activated in December 2019 that I used over Christmas and MLK week.

Thank you - I will give them a call

Selected cancel for both of us, checked this AM and got extended until April 5th. Either they are being incredibly generous given how much we have spent with them over the years or it's a mistake. Good thing I screen captured our cancellation requests in case this gets challenged in the future.

I assume there is a time lag before MDE gets updated. On Wed my AP showed the 117 day extension. On Thurs it had been extended an additional 30 days. I called and cancelled on Thurs. Today is Friday, and it still shows the same as it did before I called.

Has anybody had their MDE account updated to show their pass was cancelled after calling or after using the link in the email?

so if I click on the link, I can back out without doing anything correct? And will an AP number show up in the email? I found our yellow cards, so I will be able to tell whose is whose if they show that info.

so if I click on the link, I can back out without doing anything correct? And will an AP number show up in the email? I found our yellow cards, so I will be able to tell whose is whose if they show that info.
I was able to back out before committing. But no reference to the AP number on screen or in the confirmation email. So I'm not positive whose AP I cancelled - mine or DS's or both. I'm giving it a few days to die down before I call.

I am really concerned that the refund amounts that start rolling in mid September will be a weird useage/ prorated amount that isn’t as simple as months or days left etc. It will be too late to change course then but makes for a totally difference decision.

The 30 day extension on my premier pass showed up last night. Now to wait on Disneyland’s opening date re-announcement for what the final extension will be.

Same thing happened to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter