AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

He's making a report for everyone to see that the first email link had a glitch didn't work and just automatically cancelled the AP without making a choice. So hopefully if others call for the same reason they will know it's a bad link.

Also he makes it sound like it's nearly impossible to only cancel one or 2 AP from an account that has multiple AP, so lets say you all have the same contract but only 2 want to cancel and the rest keep, he made it sound like that won't be possible, but again, they really don't know right now

Are we supposed to click the link and select either refund or 1 month extension? Or if we just leave it will we automatically get the extra 30 days?
Sorry if this has been answered already

Are we supposed to click the link and select either refund or 1 month extension? Or if we just leave it will we automatically get the extra 30 days?
Sorry if this has been answered already
the email makes it sound like you only have to click on the link if you want to cancel your AP

We recognize that Park reservations will change the way that many of our Passholders use their pass. With that in mind, in June, we shared that Annual Passholders will receive a one-month (30 days) extension to their pass. This additional month will automatically be processed and visible in their My Disney Experience account over the coming weeks.

If you prefer, you can cancel your pass and receive any applicable refund in lieu of the additional month. Please note this option can be selected now through August 11, 2020 by clicking on your personalized link. You can also call V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at 407-939-7277 for assistance on any individual concerns. We anticipate heavy call volume and appreciate your patience as we answer all inquiries.

I got a cast member at 7:43 so 43 minute wait in queue but now I am back on hold because she is having to text another department who is handling this issue. And they are trying to figure it out.

I'm guessing you'll have to call :(
No way I’m doing that while there’s a month left to decide lol. They don’t sound like they have any information. Just more curious about how “staggered” the emails are or if some of us are truly missing them (or are waves yet to be sent).

Take your amount paid for pass including tax. Divide by 365. Multiply X 104. That is what I think you should get.
Thank you. I am able to do the math, but just making sure this is indeed what everyone else is receiving. Has anyone actually received their refunds yet? Was it the correct amount?

I just sent another email. I had sent one weeks ago and got a pretty “canned” answer to my question, and it actually never answered my question. I thought I would try that since it doesn’t seem phone CM’s are able to answer detailed questions. DD’s AP was purchased on a credit card that is not cancelled but not used and we have no access to it (pretty complicated story) I want to cancel BUT only if I can get the refund via check or gift card. If not I’ll extend. Her AP is still not showing extended so I’m hoping my communication to them didn’t result in a cancellation, but I just can’t get any answers. Hopefully I will receive an email back

I got 3 emails but have 4 adult and 2 child APs to cancel. I haven’t clicked on any links after reading about possible automatic selections happening without knowing whose passes each email covers. So I guess I will need to call. What are the hours that the phone line is manned? Is it 24/7?

Thank you. I am able to do the math, but just making sure this is indeed what everyone else is receiving. Has anyone actually received their refunds yet? Was it the correct amount?
Also curious about the amounts folks are receiving. That seems like very little to get back for my 1000 pass.

They have made such an incredible mess of this. At what point would they have saved money overall by just extending all APs for an additional year - at some point, the lost money from renewal costs for one year would be offset by savings in the amount of employee-hours they've wasted by dealing with the constant calls and programming all the still-confusing emails and calculating all the complicated options for the passes and making up for the bank fees for the payment glitch and tracking everything and the refunds themselves, even before calculating in the ill-will they've created among the AP holders for all of this. If they'd just kept it simple and been maybe a little bit generous, it certainly would have come out better for them PR-wise and would be far less stressful for their employees and might not even have cost them anymore financially than this ridiculous nightmare is.

Last edited:
I just got off the call. One hour and 36 minutes. Apparently there was a glitch in the link that went out to some people that auto chose the cancel option, they are now aware and working to fix the glitch and will send out new emails that will let you pick your option (I asked about people that haven't received them yet and was told they probably will get the email after the glitch is fixed). Notes were made on my account that I did not want to cancel my pass. So we will see what happens. The CM was really nice though, I felt so bad for her because even though she tried to be cheery you could tell she knows it's going to be a long day.

They have made such an incredible mess of this. At what point would have saved money overall by just extending all APs for an additional year - at some point, the lost money from renewal costs for one year would be offset by savings in the amount of employee-hours they've wasted by dealing with the constant calls and programming all the still-confusing emails and calculating all the complicated options for the passes and making up for the bank fees for the payment glitch and tracking everything and the refunds themselves, even before calculating in the ill-will they've created among the AP holders for all of this. If they'd just kept it simple and been maybe a little bit generous, it certainly would have come out better for them PR-wise and would be far less stressful for their employees and might not even have cost them anymore financially than this ridiculous nightmare is.
Yes! That's exactly what my DH said this morning. It would have been so much easier and probably ultimately cheaper for them to just say "hey, you're good to go through 2021"

I just got off the call. One hour and 36 minutes. Apparently there was a glitch in the link that went out to some people that auto chose the cancel option, they are now aware and working to fix the glitch and will send out new emails that will let you pick your option (I asked about people that haven't received them yet and was told they probably will get the email after the glitch is fixed). Notes were made on my account that I did not want to cancel my pass. So we will see what happens. The CM was really nice though, I felt so bad for her because even though she tried to be cheery you could tell she knows it's going to be a long day.
Thanks for the update! I guess we all just wait again for a while.

ME TOO!!! I am actually relieved to learn I'm not the only one. If my best friend didn't have an AP, I would never know about the stuff they send out to passholders. I feel bad for being happy that you don't get them either, but I don't understand why this is such a difficult thing to fix!
I haven't gotten any email yet. I have an out of state Platinum AP (fully paid up). I think it's ridiculous that this process won't tell you ahead of time how much of a refund you will get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter