AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Reading between the lines, so we're getting a partial refund even though I requested via e-mail a cancellation. And now we are being told that the cancellations request/information will be forthcoming? And the rock gets kicked down the road, again.:rolleyes2

I just called to cancel my AP and was told that I have to wait until more information on cancellations is released on their website in the near future.
I mean it sounds reasonable- if they let people cancel now and there are other options coming, those people might change their mind. I got a refund for an AP that expired in May- not much I could do with that besides cancel. I am still waiting on two that are set to expire in the future.

Did you ask for a refund for the closure period or did you ask to cancel your pass? Also, which pass do you have?

I asked for a total refund. It was a cheaper pass- I’m a Florida resident- but still.........

I have the same pass as you. Does your pass still show that it is valid?

Yes, as of today it still shows as valid. So maybe they did only refund during the closure? We plan on going in late April/early May if possible for the next trip. I had tickets for my grandsons from UT, and UT gave me a 90% refund on them.

I’m curious if I could renew my AP before 60 days. My dilemma is that I have a resort stay booked in late October. My pass expires on 10/24. I need to make Park Pass reservations, but can’t until I renew in August. Do you think the AP reservations will be available in August for October? I’m visiting with my Mom & sister that will just have day guest tickets. I want to be sure we can all get into Epcot. TIA

Yes, you can renew earlier than 60 days

Now that I have my 3 passes and anxiously waiting to return to DW, when I look ahead on the availability calendar and see that August weekends are basically all booked up, and Saturdays in September are basically EPCOT only (until those book up I’m sure soon), I’m starting to wonder how long I’ll actually keep my AP. Anyone else feel the same?

Got our email Wed. Got refunded this morning. $230.43 each. We upgraded a 6 day UCT hopper to Gold DVC APs after the Dec blackout and never used it again as our Mar & Aug trips were canceled due to US-CA border closure. APs still showing in the APP with Dec 30th end date.

I’m curious if I could renew my AP before 60 days. My dilemma is that I have a resort stay booked in late October. My pass expires on 10/24. I need to make Park Pass reservations, but can’t until I renew in August. Do you think the AP reservations will be available in August for October? I’m visiting with my Mom & sister that will just have day guest tickets. I want to be sure we can all get into Epcot. TIA

Yeah, I'm in a similar spot, but for May next year. My friends are staying on site, so they were able to get reservations, but I'm not on their reservation since I'll just be driving out during the day. But I can't make a reservation until my pass renewal in October, so I'm just hoping there will still be availability or some way to work around it... But that's so far out at this point that a million things could change between now and then, so I'll just have to wait and see how things go.

Got our email Wed. Got refunded this morning. $230.43 each. We upgraded a 6 day UCT hopper to Gold DVC APs after the Dec blackout and never used it again as our Mar & Aug trips were canceled due to US-CA border closure. APs still showing in the APP with Dec 30th end date.
So it sounds like you were refunded for park closure days only?

those that are getting refunded, had you already asked for that? They aren't just automatically refunding people correct?

Is anyone able to get thru to them? When I call the passholder line, I keep getting the “all circuits are busy, call back later” message.

those that are getting refunded, had you already asked for that? They aren't just automatically refunding people correct?
I think you have to call or email to request the refund but I would wait as they are supposed to have AP options listed on the website in the coming days. If you pass is expiring soon or has already expired during the closure period then I would probably email your refund request (phones are very busy now).

I think you have to call or email to request the refund but I would wait as they are supposed to have AP options listed on the website in the coming days. If you pass is expiring soon or has already expired during the closure period then I would probably email your refund request (phones are very busy now).
Yes, I have been waiting, just wanted to be sure they weren't refunding people at random.

Hi all - We have also been getting mixed messages about AP refunds. I see on this thread that many of you are also getting mixed messages and we are super frustrated as well.

We have 3 platinum plus AP's and are from NJ - the passes are set to expire in August. Currently, we do not feel safe traveling nor or we welcome in Florida right now anyway. We're trying to look at our options.

Is there any consistency (lol I know) with the algorithm for refunds? We never received any emails as a pass holder about our options and are a bit confused.
Are they refunding the 117 days of park closure and keeping the same expiration date?
Or are they prorating the amount you've used the pass and figuring out how much "value" you've used for it and only refunding if you haven't broken even? Like if going 11 days to the parks makes you "break even" - and they see you went that many times already, are they refunding you less money? I have read reports of people claiming that on other social media platforms and that worries me a lot. I don't want a "refund" in exchange for the extension if we won't get any money back!

We're very frustrated with waiting on hold for hours this morning to be basically told they don't have that information and they cannot connect us with someone who does know.

I know that the only thing consistent when calling Disney is the CM's inconsistency with their responses and we are on hold again to try to talk to someone else and see what they say. Just curious what all of you think.

Can't get military tickets,, and can't buy a DVC gold annual pass either???? Wow. Just---wow. There had better not be any penalties for cancelling a trip made on borrowed points.

Hi all - We have also been getting mixed messages about AP refunds. I see on this thread that many of you are also getting mixed messages and we are super frustrated as well.

We have 3 platinum plus AP's and are from NJ - the passes are set to expire in August. Currently, we do not feel safe traveling nor or we welcome in Florida right now anyway. We're trying to look at our options.

Is there any consistency (lol I know) with the algorithm for refunds? We never received any emails as a pass holder about our options and are a bit confused.
Are they refunding the 117 days of park closure and keeping the same expiration date?
Or are they prorating the amount you've used the pass and figuring out how much "value" you've used for it and only refunding if you haven't broken even? Like if going 11 days to the parks makes you "break even" - and they see you went that many times already, are they refunding you less money? I have read reports of people claiming that on other social media platforms and that worries me a lot. I don't want a "refund" in exchange for the extension if we won't get any money back!

We're very frustrated with waiting on hold for hours this morning to be basically told they don't have that information and they cannot connect us with someone who does know.

I know that the only thing consistent when calling Disney is the CM's inconsistency with their responses and we are on hold again to try to talk to someone else and see what they say. Just curious what all of you think.
I think it's hard to figure anything out from the many random posts with varying levels of information. Posters are not posting what kind of pass they had, what their initial request was, how much they paid, or if their pass is currently showing in MDE after refund.

We do know that Disney plans on releasing AP refund/extension/cancellation options in the coming days. I would wait for that before you make any decisions.

I had a Platinum AP purchased from Disney that expired May 24. I requested a refund in early May. I got $181xx this morning, credited to my original form of payment. Family members have two partially used Platinum APs that expire Jan 2021. I requested, by phone, to cancel both (they are elderly and going to Disney is not in their near term plans). I am waiting to hear about those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter