AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

October 1st starts the fiscal year is my personal reasoning as to why

I’m just getting my popcorn ready for the inevitably of the announcement that the reopening will be delayed indefinitely + springs, the resorts already opened will shudder (I’m figuring Florida will be back on lockdown by mid July)

Lol

I spent just over an hour today on the phone, spoke to two cast members, so not bad. It rang right through, so I'm not complaining.

My situation: We have Platinum AP renewals that begin (because of the shut down) on July 17th.
My ask: Downgrade those passes to Silver AP and refund the difference.
The response: "We think we can do that. Under normal circumstances we can do it since the AP hasn't started yet, but the computer isn't letting us do it right now. Give it a week."

I'm going to try again after the 4th of July. If they do that for me, I'm okay with it.

Also, they're going to start selling 2021 tickets tomorrow.

Not to add even more information. But I was just told by phone from a Disney Tech AP Holders have 14 days they can book regardless and soon as they are used another day opens up. Obviously this is not happening for most or any person that I've heard of.
I have 19 days booked currently as an AP holder resort guest, between three trips from August 2020-June 2021. I still have another trip I haven't booked park reservations for because I'm the only one with an AP and we hadn't bought our other tickets yet. This scares me that I'll get to finally buy tickets and book reservations and it'll lock me out.

Im seriously tired of reminding people to not bring politics into this forum. Im done warning and will start to issue points and i hate to have to do that cause we're all supposed to be adults right?
Can I ask a serious question? I've been on here for quite a few years and just in the past week when you mentioned them didn't know about this point system? I looked on my account and I have some points...why do you get points? If it because of something bad just makes me wonder what I did wrong at sometime and when?? 🤷‍♀️

Can I ask a serious question? I've been on here for quite a few years and just in the past week when you mentioned them didn't know about this point system? I looked on my account and I have some points...why do you get points? If it because of something bad just makes me wonder what I did wrong at sometime and when?? 🤷‍♀️
I’ve honestly been wondering the same thing, makes me kinda sad seeing points on my account when it seems they’re so negative and I have zero clue what I did.

I know you weren’t asking me, but the “points” you see on your profile are “good” points - it has to do with your like count. It’s something somewhat silly built in to the board software program that isn’t used for any practical purpose.

Infraction points are something different - you can find more info at the bottom of the DISBoard Guidelines page: https://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm

If you were to receive any infraction points, you’d receive a notice/explanation. It does not appear you have ever received any. :thumbsup2

Hope that helps!

So my AP has not been extended. Expired Jun 24th. By what I've seen from other people my AP should extend to Oct 19th. This has not happened. Am I required to do something to make that happen? Shows expired on the Web and on the app. Suggestions?

Has anyone been able to purchase a renewal certificate so they can make park passes? With extension my AP expires in September, so I cant renew online, but my trip is in November. If so what line did u call? Spent 3 hours on the ticket line Friday only for them to transfer me to “all circuits are busy.”

Has anyone been able to purchase a renewal certificate so they can make park passes? With extension my AP expires in September, so I cant renew online, but my trip is in November. If so what line did u call? Spent 3 hours on the ticket line Friday only for them to transfer me to “all circuits are busy.”

Ticket guest services - 407-566-4985. They can renew your AP early.

I’m missing it what is the latest AP extension or refund? Are these hypothetical or new options released?
Same here. Very confused on the refund. We are not going back any time soon so we want to cancel our passes and get refunds. Can that be set up now or do we need to wait until the parks reopen?

Same here. Very confused on the refund. We are not going back any time soon so we want to cancel our passes and get refunds. Can that be set up now or do we need to wait until the parks reopen?
The website appears to have an updated policy allowing for a refund (versus only a refunded of closed days) or a 30 day extension (it actually doesn’t say beyond the extension given for closure period though I’m gathering that’s what people have inferred). It says details about those choices will be sent in early July. I will likely do the same as you but not sitting on hold while they train the cast members. I will let it die down and call in a few weeks. I also do not expect the partial refund to be x days/365. All Disney ticket costs are front loaded and I don’t see us getting large percentages refunded but obviously I would love that.

The website appears to have an updated policy allowing for a refund (versus only a refunded of closed days) or a 30 day extension (it actually doesn’t say beyond the extension given for closure period though I’m gathering that’s what people have inferred). It says details about those choices will be sent in early July. I will likely do the same as you but not sitting on hold while they train the cast members. I will let it die down and call in a few weeks. I also do not expect the partial refund to be x days/365. All Disney ticket costs are front loaded and I don’t see us getting large percentages refunded but obviously I would love that.

I think the refunds will be x days/365 only because that will be way easier to calculate in the system. Looking at how many days a person used and what price each of those days was it a lot more complicated from an IT standpoint.

I spent just over an hour today on the phone, spoke to two cast members, so not bad. It rang right through, so I'm not complaining.

My situation: We have Platinum AP renewals that begin (because of the shut down) on July 17th.
My ask: Downgrade those passes to Silver AP and refund the difference.
The response: "We think we can do that. Under normal circumstances we can do it since the AP hasn't started yet, but the computer isn't letting us do it right now. Give it a week."

I'm going to try again after the 4th of July. If they do that for me, I'm okay with it.

Also, they're going to start selling 2021 tickets tomorrow.
Thank you for sharing this! If I can’t cancel my Gold, I’d settle for downgrading to Silver, so good to know it may be an option. (I renewed in Jan on a late March expiration, so same situation: the renewal has yet to be used.)

My son’s AP that expired in April and vanished? Just showed back up with an extension to July 31, 2020. On a Silver. That’s blocked out the month of July. I certainly never requested that.

Their system can’t be this stupid, can it?! Maybe extending all APs is step 1, which has to be done to make them active before any refunds can be processed? But for people who want to keep the extension it’s already baked in?

In other news, ticket holders can reserve parks today, so there are now 3 pools of availability. Needless to say, APs have the least amount of days/parks available. Maybe it’s just a matter of more APs reserving than resort guests or ticket holders, but then shouldn’t APs have a bigger pool if that’s the case?

Ugh. I just want to stay away and get my money back, Mickey!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter