AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Decided not to return to Disney at this point do want to cancel my AP. Have been trying at all different times including right at 7:00 am to call 407-939-7277. Constant busy signal. Do I just keep trying? Mine is a premium, fully paid.

thanks!
They are supposed to contact us in July with directions on how to cancel it and get a prorated refund.
There is a huge population of us that want to cancel, get a refund, and wait this thing out.

so everyone who couldn't book starting Monday ready to book tomorrow? do you have your ticket all inked? do you remember your password? do you have your method/props/medication to relax you at the ready?
Tips: do not indulge in the need to throw your phone across the room, don't throw heavy objects to the laptop, maybe some relaxing music in the background would help :D

so everyone who couldn't book starting Monday ready to book tomorrow? do you have your ticket all inked? do you remember your password? do you have your method/props/medication to relax you at the ready?
Tips: do not indulge in the need to throw your phone across the room, don't throw heavy objects to the laptop, maybe some relaxing music in the background would help :D

I wish. But Disney still hasn't added my ap. So won't be able to do anything

I haven't been this furious since Ohio st got hosed by the refs vs Clemson (btw, the world hasn't been the same since those refs ruled that fumble an incomplete.. Just sayin)

I realized majority of people on here probably have no idea what I'm talking about LOL

I wish. But Disney still hasn't added my ap. So won't be able to do anything

I haven't been this furious since Ohio st got hosed by the refs vs Clemson (btw, the world hasn't been the same since those refs ruled that fumble an incomplete.. Just sayin)

I realized majority of people on here probably have no idea what I'm talking about LOL
I know EXACTLY what you're talking about... Born and raised in Cbus!

:offtopic: I feel your pain on that one my Buckeye Brother! It still hurts!

Good morning fellow APers! I feel like we've got a bond going here - a Fellowship of the Ring kinda thing. With WDW representing Mordor. #oneannualpasstorulethemall

I've got updates that may or may not be of any interest...

1. I was able to book a Jan 2021 resort stay AND 4 park days in about 5 minutes yesterday. Woot! I don't really need those park days booked this far out, but I wanted to see how the system works (it's basically just FP, but for parks), and I want to see if I'm able to also book 3 no-resort days with my AP tomorrow (or whenever I can get in - I'm not fighting a broken or overloaded system all day. The upside of having no plans for my foreseeable future is not needing to get any particular parks on any particular days lol!)

2. Something might be happening with APs... or it may just be temporary glitch: I went into MDE (web version) this morning and my resort stay is still there, as are my park reservations, but my AP had VANISHED!!! I quickly checked my credit card for a refund... nope. Hmm. Checked the MDE app, and my AP was still there, with its extension. Logged out on the web version, logged back in... and AP was back.

Has anyone effectively received a refund? Is it a gift card equivalent or cash?

I have a full paid AP but getting through phone line has been impossible...

It would be nice to have the freeze option..

I suspect that refunds will not be processed until after the parks re-open and remain open. Given what is going on in Florida with the spike in cases, I have to believe there are at least some discussions going on about delaying the opening. If they start to process refunds now and then they have to delay or shut down again, there is going to be a second round of refunds and this will become even more of a nightmare.

The news has been reporting that Florida is going to become the new epicenter for the virus. Certainly not an ideal time for theme parks to resume operations.

I've been trying to get thru on the 800-848-6413 # yesterday and today. Yesterday the music suddenly stopped after ~30 minutes. I left the line going for another 40 minutes, but there was nary a sound, so I gave up. Wasn't sure if the line was actually still activated at the other end, even though it seemed to be. Tried again today and the music cut after ~35 minutes - same thing, no sound (like a dead line). Anyone else getting this happening? Should I leave the line open, or have I been disconnected at their end? I've been trying to get thru since Monday with no luck on any of the other 407 #'s.

Renewed in January, planned on trips for May & October. May was cancelled, and it October happens, it's going to be a mighty expensive trip. Not sure if I can go again with the extension....

I've been trying to get thru on the 800-848-6413 # yesterday and today. Yesterday the music suddenly stopped after ~30 minutes. I left the line going for another 40 minutes, but there was nary a sound, so I gave up. Wasn't sure if the line was actually still activated at the other end, even though it seemed to be. Tried again today and the music cut after ~35 minutes - same thing, no sound (like a dead line). Anyone else getting this happening? Should I leave the line open, or have I been disconnected at their end? I've been trying to get thru since Monday with no luck on any of the other 407 #'s.
Don’t hang up. The line is still open. I’m thinking the Villians :maleficenof Disney are removing the Happy music so we will think the call has ended. :rotfl2:

My husband and I are both in our 70's, and have other health issues. We live in Nebraska. We don't feel comfortable traveling to FL yet, nor visiting the parks. The extension Disney has offered doesn't work for us. Yes, there is the refund, but that's really not what we want either. What we would like is a 3rd option: let us pause, or freeze, our AP's, and then at a later date, we can start the clock ticking again and have the AP's be active for our time remaining. For us, from AP activation until park closure is approx 3 months. So we should have approx 9 months remaining. We would like to know that we have the AP's to use for future trips when we feel safer traveling, and can go at a time frame that works with our schedules.

By giving AP holders this 3rd option, Disney will save themselves from handing out a lot of cash for AP refunds. I think a lot of people would be happy with this 3rd option. It will help to keep the Magic alive, and will pretty much guarantee that current AP holders will return to spend money on future trips. Handing out refunds to unhappy customers will not accomplish that.

Please contact Disney and let them know that you would like this added option for AP holders to choose from. AP holders should have their choice between: 1. Extension, 2. Refund 3. Pause or freeze AP for use at a later date to be determined by the AP holder. I have emailed Disney and I hope you will too.

Thanks!

Ok, I just thought of another wrinkle in my plans for tomorrow. We are scheduled for an offsite trip in September, just after our current APs expire. They have the 117 day extension added already and expire on 9/5, We arrive on 9/12. I have renewal vouchers in my account for both of us and I was going to use those to reserve 3 park days.

The problem is, that the wording on the website says that the park reservation days must be used with the tickets that they are reserved with. If our APs do get the extra month extension it will be the current APs that we would use for the trip and not the new ones. But my current APs will not allow me to book that trip at the moment.

I guess I'm just going to hope for the best at this point. With the current Covid outlook in FL I think there's a good chance this trip isn't going to happen anyway.

your tips are great. Lol. There were 3 of us on the computers and phones and iPads for almost 13 hours and almost 2 hours on the phone Monday until Disney fixed the glitch that wasn’t recognizing resort reservations for PH’s. We needed our phones or they might have become projectiles

JenniferYoung44. I called 407-939-7277 Got a great CM Told her what I needed. She stayed on hold with me for ticketing but then found out she could do it. Stayed on the line with me until I made sure I could see the new vouchers on my Disney experience after she gave me a confirmation number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter