AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

In the same boat..it’s pretty frustrating
I didn’t renew my AP and buy my husband a new one because of the NY quarantine issue ..I would of taken a chance if I knew they were going to shut off sales.
I am DVC so I don’t need a package I just want to have my AP again..

I’m sorry I’ve read and read and don’t know this answer and I think it’s an easy one- I’m a passholder. If I book swan and dolphin for Christmas would I be able to book my park reservation for that time now or no? Thank you!

like DaveNan said, you should. You’ll need to link the reservation number to your MDE. Sometimes it can take a bit to get the number. There is related discussion on the Swan/Dolphin thread in the Disney Resorts forum.

I called the passholder line yesterday and while the lady was pleasant, she knew shockingly little about APs to be answering that line. So I found this thread, and though I would find out if my thinking for our situation is correct. It's a little complicated, but who's issue isn't right now!

My DH and 2 kids had platinum APs with an original expiration of June 11th. They are now showing as expiring on October 6th. We have a reservation booked for August 6-15 with a 7 day PH due to the FD recovery offer after our April trip was cancelled. I am thinking these are my 2 choices, and I need to decide which is a better idea for us.

1. Take the partial refund on the APs and use the 7 day PHs to upgrade to new gold APs during our August stay (we bought into DVC in Feb so are now eligible for gold).
2. Keep the APs with the October expiration date and use the 7 day PH towards the renewal during our August trip. In August we will be within 60 days, so we should be able to renew, correct? We can also renew to a different pass, right (platinum to gold in this case)?

The CM on the passholder line didn't know if we could put the 7 day PH ticket toward a renewal, she only knew you could put a ticket toward a new AP, but I'm pretty sure you can, right? In addition, if we let the tickets expire as they would have in June and take the refund, we can't renew in August since it's after 30 days, is that correct? I thought I remembered something about them extending the renewal window, but wasn't sure what that meant. So I need to know the value of the 7 day PH which seems to be a state secret at this time, the cost of a gold AP renewal, and the cost of a new gold AP and do the math to see which is better, correct?

Then she pointed out a new problem I hadn't thought of. My pass had expired last October and I didn't renew, so I planned to put this 7 day PH toward a gold pass and get on schedule with the rest of my family. We also have twin 3 yr olds who turned 3 after our last trip, so have never had a pass before. I was going to use their 7 day PHs toward gold APs also. But if they aren't selling new tickets, will we be able to do that?? If not, that's a huge issue since in my mind we're pretty much wasting the money on the 7 day ticket for me and the 3 yr olds. we didn't need it, we only did the FD offer since we knew/thought we could use the value of those tickets toward renewing/getting APs. Will we be able to upgrade the tickets to APs in August for the 3 of us who don't currently have an AP?

Does that make sense? Is my line of thinking right, and WWYD?

Still no extension for me.

Same here, for me and dh. Passes expire 7/7.

I probably missed this but can you make reservations past when your AP's expire? I have reservations for October. My APs expire in September. Before I frustrate myself further, will I be able to reserve park days?

Nope. I got an error message that all passed had to be valid. Only ds’s was updated and valid for the July opening.

My AP expired Apr 26. So been waiting on that 5 week extension since...well, they started the extensions

I feel your pain. Still waiting too.

Woo hoo! I was previously only able to make 6 days but this morning I logged back in and was able to schedule all 12 days I have resort stays for!

I don't have resort reservations, so I've got to wait till Friday. Do you have to pick an arrival time when you reserve a park for the day?

I was able to book my November trip this morning (7 days). I could not book our April trip. I hop on just now 9:30pmEST and it no longer shows me the error where I can't book any more day. Great I think, I could book one park for our first day of our trip 4/17, but every other day for the whole week no parks are available. So I start putting in other random days and I get the same results - so is this an error or have they really reached capacity for any possible day from now until Sept 2021?

A known error. It hit me last night after they fixed the 'AP w/hotel bug' that limited me to three park days. If you click on the date one or more additional times , it will populate.

QQ regarding possible pass downgrade:

I have an un-activated Platinum Plus Pass and I was wondering if Disney would allow me to downgrade to a standard Platinum Pass since the water parks and WWoS are closed.

Would they refund or even credit me the difference? Has anyone attempted this with any luck?

Was able to book a 5th day of park reservations last night then got the no reservations available thing for the rest of our stay. Tried the keep clicking around the calendar thing for about 20 minutes last night and again this morning...no luck :(

Still can't add any additional reservations beyond what I was able to get yesterday morning, despite having several resort reservations. I've tried all different browsers, different devices, icognito mode, making sure all cookies are cleared, etc. It's frustrating, but I'm counting on late August not being terribly crowded (the week we go is already typically slow in a normal year), so hopefully I'll be able to get it straightened out without an issue.

We were finally able to add all of our days. (AP with 31 days of reservations over the next year)

Later in the evening last night (9:30p EST) I was able to fiddle faddle in and out of the reservation system and was able to book our 8th day for our November trip and I was able to book our April trip. The system was still not completely fixed as it initially said on many days that no parks were available. Opening and closing of the site multiple times, trying in Chrome vs Safari I was eventually able to book all our days. So in all I think i have 16 park days. What a stressful day!

DH had/has a silver that expired 03/08/20. We are going mid July. I put a 1 day comp ticket for him (he has no desire to renew and only humors us occasionally) for that July visit. After I did this, I noticed his AP had a new expiration of 07/19/20. I was hoping the park pass would pull from the AP and I could make 3 days of reservations for him like the rest of us, but I was only able to make 1.

Can a Silver even be valid in July? He's supposed to be blocked out. Why extend a pass that should have expired prior to the shut down? Is it worth a call?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter