AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

It won't let me book the last day of my combined trips this year. Has anyone booked more than 14 days with a resort reservation (split up between multiple trips)?

I really need this final day booked and am considering cancelling one other day if there's a 14 day cap.

I would not do that yet until we get an official word from Disney. I tried it.

I booked for a September and January trip this morning. I was able to book 8 park days on 7 nights in September and 6 park days on 6 nights in January. That was a total of 14. I tried to book 1 more for the last day in January, and got the message that the parties in that group had reached their limit. I went back and dropped one of the other days in January so I could book the last day, but I still could not add it. Not only that, I can't go back and add the day that I dropped now.ac

I would not do that yet until we get an official word from Disney. I tried it.

I booked for a September and January trip this morning. I was able to book 8 park days on 7 nights in September and 6 park days on 6 nights in January. That was a total of 14. I tried to book 1 more for the last day in January, and got the message that the parties in that group had reached their limit. I went back and dropped one of the other days in January so I could book the last day, but I still could not add it. Not only that, I can't go back and add the day that I dropped now.ac
around what time did you hit that limit?

My sister and I both have an AP that we got maybe a week apart. Her expiration date has been moved until January of next year. Mine does not have a new date at all. In fact it still has the old date on the app. I have contacted Disney on this. We both postponed on the same date. Has anyone else had this happen?

Still waiting on an extension

tenor.gif

MY AP still has the original expiration date even though I postponed it months ago. My sisters who postponed hers on the same day and bought her at the same time has been moved to January. Come on Disney. Has anyone else had this problem?

It won't let me book the last day of my combined trips this year. Has anyone booked more than 14 days with a resort reservation (split up between multiple trips)?

I really need this final day booked and am considering cancelling one other day if there's a 14 day cap.
I have a split stay booked for October - a 9-night cash reservation that leads into a 14-night DVC stay. I was able book park days for every day of both segments, including my final check-out day. No problems once I finally got in this morning.

My AP expired Apr 26. So been waiting on that 5 week extension since...well, they started the extensions

Eek!! We are on the monthly plan and called this morning and they flagged our account saying we want the extension. Guess it wasn't automatic for monthly plans. No clue how long it will take and they could care less about the fact that until it's extended we can't make reservations for the end of our September trip or our November trip. Totally not a magical experience calling them today.

MY AP still has the original expiration date even though I postponed it months ago. My sisters who postponed hers on the same day and bought her at the same time has been moved to January. Come on Disney. Has anyone else had this problem?

It doesn't seem like they have all of their ducks in a row for sure. As my hubby told the CM he talked to earlier...there is no way in hell they are putting in a check mark saying someone wants an extension and taking out a piece of paper to hand that off to someone else. We are in 2020, this should be a quick system update. It doesn't help that both my hubby and I are both in IT so it's hard to think that a big company like Disney does NOT have this figured out.

In my case (unactivated renewal certificate) I was able to book 8 contiguous days in Oct (length of trip)

That is hilarious. I have a 5 night stay in October, I was able to reserve 5 days for that trip.
I have a 5 night stay in January and I was only able to reserve 2 days there before I hit my limit.
I removed one of my days in October and was able to add that day in January so for some reason my limit seems to be a random number of 7 park days.

Both trips are DVC points too so no difference there. Makes no sense.

That is hilarious. I have a 5 night stay in October, I was able to reserve 5 days for that trip.
I have a 5 night stay in January and I was only able to reserve 2 days there before I hit my limit.
I removed one of my days in October and was able to add that day in January so for some reason my limit seems to be a random number of 7 park days.

Both trips are DVC points too so no difference there. Makes no sense.
Maybe they added in a random number generator for DVC/AP users. Mine is apparently 10, at least I didn't get 3 :P

I'm trying to decide what to do about 2 Platinum AP's. We live locally, so the Platinum made sense because we like to attend concerts at Epcot and not get blacked out for the Christmas holidays, etc. We don't often hit the parks in the summer, maybe on a cool evening, but not normally.So, we've been satisfied with what we get from the passes. Now, I thinking maybe it's not a good idea for the future.

With the closure extension on our 2019-2020 tickets we're extended to July 21st. I'm trying to figure out if it makes sense to ask for the refund and start over with new AP's (or maybe downgrade to Florida resident Gold) for the coming year after things shake out or just stick.

If I have to make a reservation to get into the park (and may not get the dates I want), can't park hop, can't attend concerts at Epcot, can't watch fireworks, maybe I don't need an AP at all, let alone a Platinum. On the other side of the argument, Disney raised the AP price since we renewed, so that's an issue. And they're going to add a month to the new/renewal pass if we don't ask for a refund. Then again, they have raised the price of annual passes since we renewed.

This is making my head hurt.

Advice?

I'm trying to decide what to do about 2 Platinum AP's. We live locally, so the Platinum made sense because we like to attend concerts at Epcot and not get blacked out for the Christmas holidays, etc. We don't often hit the parks in the summer, maybe on a cool evening, but not normally.So, we've been satisfied with what we get from the passes. Now, I thinking maybe it's not a good idea for the future.

With the closure extension on our 2019-2020 tickets we're extended to July 21st. I'm trying to figure out if it makes sense to ask for the refund and start over with new AP's (or maybe downgrade to Florida resident Gold) for the coming year after things shake out or just stick.

If I have to make a reservation to get into the park (and may not get the dates I want), can't park hop, can't attend concerts at Epcot, can't watch fireworks, maybe I don't need an AP at all, let alone a Platinum. On the other side of the argument, Disney raised the AP price since we renewed, so that's an issue. And they're going to add a month to the new/renewal pass if we don't ask for a refund. Then again, they have raised the price of annual passes since we renewed.

This is making my head hurt.

Advice?
If you don't care about visiting during the summer consider a Silver AP instead of the Gold.

Eek!! We are on the monthly plan and called this morning and they flagged our account saying we want the extension. Guess it wasn't automatic for monthly plans. No clue how long it will take and they could care less about the fact that until it's extended we can't make reservations for the end of our September trip or our November trip. Totally not a magical experience calling them today.
Yup. Cslled Thurs and said same thing. The funny part is since my last payment was made, they can't do a refund anyway.

So why the heck did I have to call when I had only one choice!?!?!

Reactions: cm8
Yup. Cslled Thurs and said same thing. The funny part is since my last payment was made, they can't do a refund anyway.

So why the heck did I have to call when I had only one choice!?!?!
And I'm sure you wasted at least an hour of your time trying to get some form of an answer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter