• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

It also doesn't mean they won't. I think Disney is too smart to alienate all AP Holders by restarting on July 11 when they can't guarantee admissions for awhile.
Thie flip to this is what happens to those of us whose passes expire very early in the reopening but may have been able to plan a trip during that time? We are AP/DVC members who were able to move our trip from 7/1-10 (orginally) to 7/9-7/18 (new dates) once they announced the opening.
We did so based on them having said that our passes would be extended the length of the closure. Our passes expire on 7/11 and once we leave the summer, I won't be down again until next summer at the earliest. I want to be able to use my AP on 7/12-18, not just on the 11th, since it should be extended until October.

I called my bank and told them not to let Disney take my monthly payment out of my account do to the fact I am paying for a pass that has no block-out dates and is a park hopper but Disney is only going to let me enter one park per day (and that's not even guaranteed).

Related question...I vaguely remember reading that Tables in Wonderland would be automatically extended for the duration of the closure. Has anyone heard the same? Thanks.

Add me to the pile of frustrated APs. I upgraded to Gold for a July 4th trip that won't happen now because the parks are closed, or next year because even with the extension (assuming they use July 11 to resume), my AP will expire too early to sue for July 4th. So I'm paying for an extra benefit (no summer blockout) that will go unused. I've been an AP holder for almost 30 years, so I won't go so far as to say I'll never renew again... but I don't think I'll ever upgrade again, and I definitely won't renew 2 months before my expiration again (mine expired Mar. 23 and I renewed in Jan. - had I waited, I'd have known parks would be closed and wouldn't have renewed at all). Honestly, this time away from WDW has shown me I can live happily without it.

I wrote the AP Passholder services and asked them directly if I would be able to make park reservations for my 7/27 trip even with an AP that expires on 7/8. They did not even answer my question or attempt to. They gave me the same old "Your pass will be extended the number of days that the parks were closed." Yes, I know that -- doesn't help answer my question, though. I am even more frustrated. They didn't address one thing I wrote to them about...that is disappointing.

OK, I wrote back and specifically asked for clarification -- this is what I got:

You will likely not be able to register for a Theme Park until your Annual Pass is active. That may happen in 3 ways. 1) You renew your Annual Pass 2) The system may add the days to your account prior to the Theme Parks reopening or 3) You may have to call the V.I.Passholder Help Desk to see how they can help.

You will likely not be able to register for a Theme Park until your Annual Pass is active. That may happen in 3 ways. 1) You renew your Annual Pass 2) The system may add the days to your account prior to the Theme Parks reopening or 3) You may have to call the V.I.Passholder Help Desk to see how they can help.

This is exactly the information that I need also. (AP expires 8/24 resort ressie is 8/29). I don't want to wait for the theme parks to reopen and possibly miss out on making a theme park ressie. I guess i'll need to find a couple of hour to call and wait on hold. But CMs don't even know what to do right now.

This is exactly the information that I need also. (AP expires 8/24 resort ressie is 8/29). I don't want to wait for the theme parks to reopen and possibly miss out on making a theme park ressie. I guess i'll need to find a couple of hour to call and wait on hold. But CMs don't even know what to do right now.
I got the feeling that they won't be able to help until the theme park reservation system actually opens up. But if you call and find out anything, please share!! I really want my trip to work out, but I'm afraid that we won't be able to get theme park reservations due to this issue.

You know what I'm wondering? I wonder if a good workaround is this: I have 2-day tickets on my account right now because I booked the free dining recovery deal. I wonder if I could extend those to 7-day tickets when I'm able to make modifications to my reservation so that I will be able to make theme park reservations,. Then, if the final payment isn't due until 7 days before I arrive, that's after the parks have opened and they've hopefully extended my AP, and then I could just drop the tickets from my package (at least back down to the 2 days I have right now? Could that work if they can't extend my AP in enough time to make park reservations??

Just called, they are still working from home and have no idea when they will be able to go back to their offices. The CM told me she was very eager to be back just so she can properly help everyone calling

OK, I wrote back and specifically asked for clarification -- this is what I got:

I got the feeling that they won't be able to help until the theme park reservation system actually opens up. But if you call and find out anything, please share!! I really want my trip to work out, but I'm afraid that we won't be able to get theme park reservations due to this issue.
You know what I'm wondering? I wonder if a good workaround is this: I have 2-day tickets on my account right now because I booked the free dining recovery deal. I wonder if I could extend those to 7-day tickets when I'm able to make modifications to my reservation so that I will be able to make theme park reservations,. Then, if the final payment isn't due until 7 days before I arrive, that's after the parks have opened and they've hopefully extended my AP, and then I could just drop the tickets from my package (at least back down to the 2 days I have right now? Could that work if they can't extend my AP in enough time to make park reservations??

Thanks for putting in the work for all this. I am soooo in the same situation as you. Is the V.I.Passholder number the 407-939-7277 that I've been calling?

It's so crazy and convoluted that they can't do something that shows us that we'll be able to use APs that we know are supposed to be valid when the parks reopen so that we can make reservations. Also, this push to make people renew APs just to have valid admission when they already would have valid admission if only Disney would let us "see" it doesn't sit well with me.

Just called, they are still working from home and have no idea when they will be able to go back to their offices. The CM told me she was very eager to be back just so she can properly help everyone calling

I totally feel for the CMs and always tell them I know they are doing all they can and that I appreciate them. It must be so hard for them right now.

I totally feel for the CMs and always tell them I know they are doing all they can and that I appreciate them. It must be so hard for them right now.
very very hard, ultimately they do want you to have the best experience, but they just don't have the resources or the information. It all boils down to the upper Disney management and whatever hey are doing to get hings in line

Thanks for putting in the work for all this. I am soooo in the same situation as you. Is the V.I.Passholder number the 407-939-7277 that I've been calling?

It's so crazy and convoluted that they can't do something that shows us that we'll be able to use APs that we know are supposed to be valid when the parks reopen so that we can make reservations. Also, this push to make people renew APs just to have valid admission when they already would have valid admission if only Disney would let us "see" it doesn't sit well with me.
Yes, that's the number.

That's basically what they said to me too. There's zero chance of me renewing at the $1100 price right now. If they don't extend my pass/let me register for a theme park, I'll just go to Universal instead (since Delta isn't letting us move our flights again now that it's June), not buying another AP just for that one weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter