AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Wanting to be sure I figured this out correctly:

We activated our APs on November 1, 2019 so our APs would have currently (pre-Covid) expired on October 31, 2020. Now that the parks have been closed for just about a month or so (don't recall exact day), does that mean we will have 1 month added to our APs -- so our current expiration date of October 31, 2020 is now November 30, 2020 instead? And if closure extends through April then our APs expiration will December 31, 2020 instead, and so on, so on?
Yep!

So mine expired April 15th, so since my payment came out already I was told I couldn't get a refund. So I will get the extension once the parks reopen. I can renew, which I would pay and then get refunded (you just have to purchase to get a contract started with your card on file) and obviously, my pass would start. Once the parks reopen, they would add on the dates to the end. I don't think I'll do that, since I don't want to have 2 passes when the parks reopen, and I may not end up going right away. The CM seemed to think a lot of people would be getting the passes when the parks reopen, so that's why he suggested me getting the pass before they reopened. I asked about the renewal rate, and since the extension is happening, he said it should be a possibility that it'd be available still.

So from what he said to me, it's not really necessary to call right away, because they don't know when they're reopening so things with passes aren't really going anywhere anytime soon. Said the time to get through should go down next week.

I will be taking the refund. I have a trip planned in August at WDW, and my pass doesn't expire until October. If i decide to go back in December, ill just renew then,

I will be taking the refund. I have a trip planned in August at WDW, and my pass doesn't expire until October. If i decide to go back in December, ill just renew then,

if you find out the calculation they are using let us know. We are hoping to just use the refund to apply to a new pass, because we don’t know when we’re going back.

I just called and was told there is no time-frame as to when monthly payment passholders would receive their refund. I bet i know what that means.

I tried to call the specific number that came in the email for APs. When they answered, it was the same schpiel about what I needed help with for my trip: Dining reservations or resort reservations...that kind of stuff.

I said, Passholder Refund and they got me some help.

But that person was obviously NOT from that department and had to transfer me to the Passholder department.

I tolerated 20 minutes of the horrible canned music/notices and hung up. Will try again.

It would be nice if the numbers for the dedicated purposes would actually GO to that department.

I don't know why they even bothered sending out the most recent email as there is no new information and they are entirely unprepared to field calls. I do not want to commit to a decision until I know how much the refund will be or where the extension date will put me.

Any thoughts as to what “when parks reopen” actually means?

I wonder if just opening one park counts?

We have the monthly Florida payment passes. That’s why when I can get through I personally am taking the option where my expiration stays the same but we only pay for the month that they reopen. I don’t want to pay for months that they consider open but I don’t consider open, if that makes any sense.

I completely understand what you’re saying, and I had the same question. If they consider things open if MK is available with limited capacity, I’d rather get the refund.

If one opts for the refund, does the refund cover just the dates WDW are/will be closed? Or does it cover whatever is left on your AP? I can't make a decision at this point since my AP doesn't expire until March 2021 and who knows what the circumstances between now and then would be, but if WDW reopens sooner than I'm able to go, then I might want a refund, especially if it would cover any unused portion of the AP, which would be all of it.

Also, if one opts for a refund, can one then get a new AP at the renewal rate? Or would you be starting from scratch.

I'd appreciate it if replies to this post were informational only. I don't need to be told that my purchase of an AP didn't guarantee me anything other than an AP that might not ever be good for anything that I could use it for. Amazingly, I purchased it with the intent to use it at specific times, although I realize that many posters on this thread feel that has no bearing on the matter.

If one opts for the refund, does the refund cover just the dates WDW are/will be closed? Or does it cover whatever is left on your AP? I can't make a decision at this point since my AP doesn't expire until March 2021 and who knows what the circumstances between now and then would be, but if WDW reopens sooner than I'm able to go, then I might want a refund, especially if it would cover any unused portion of the AP, which would be all of it.

Also, if one opts for a refund, can one then get a new AP at the renewal rate? Or would you be starting from scratch.

I'd appreciate it if replies to this post were informational only. I don't need to be told that my purchase of an AP didn't guarantee me anything other than an AP that might not ever be good for anything that I could use it for. Amazingly, I purchased it with the intent to use it at specific times, although I realize that many posters on this thread feel that has no bearing on the matter.

The precise wording of the communication says refund for the time closed. How flexible they'll be . . . who knows yet.

Is there way to see how many payments you have left? I'm pretty sure I already made my final payment since it's due to expire in 9 days. But I just wnated to confirm before I tried to call as I'm still confused on this whole thing

I tried to call the specific number that came in the email for APs. When they answered, it was the same schpiel about what I needed help with for my trip: Dining reservations or resort reservations...that kind of stuff.

I said, Passholder Refund and they got me some help.

But that person was obviously NOT from that department and had to transfer me to the Passholder department.

I tolerated 20 minutes of the horrible canned music/notices and hung up. Will try again.

It would be nice if the numbers for the dedicated purposes would actually GO to that department.
I agree with this completely! I have tried calling twice and couldn't seem to get to the correct place/person. Does anyone have any idea what the best thing to say or ask for to get directed to the right place before being passed around?

I agree with this completely! I have tried calling twice and couldn't seem to get to the correct place/person. Does anyone have any idea what the best thing to say or ask for to get directed to the right place before being passed around?

I'm currently on minute 20 of a hold. It really would be helpful if there was some keyword we should say to get to the right people. I'm guessing with the furloughing of staff wait times are going to be insane and who knows how long it'll take to even get the right person. Again meaning getting the right person from the get go would be extremely helpful right about now the last thing I want is to wait and then find out I got the wrong person and need to wait even longer.

Is there way to see how many payments you have left? I'm pretty sure I already made my final payment since it's due to expire in 9 days. But I just wnated to confirm before I tried to call as I'm still confused on this whole thing
On your bank/cc statement

I’m not going to bother calling until we have a reopening date. I bet the reopening plan changes their response for all ticket holders, especially if the parks don’t reopen at 100%. I’m not going to get a refund any faster, since the amount won’t be set until reopen date is set.

I called this morning and was given the same information.

I opted to keep my March payment and get my pass extended.
I’m trying to make sense of this. If you let them keep the March payment, does that affect other payments?
i don’t mind not get a refund for March, but don’t want to pay anything else till the parks reopen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter