AP Discount Watch and FAQ 2023. 10% - 40% off select nights July 11 - Sept 28; Oct 2 - Dec 25

Hi, I have an annual pass that is not activated yet. I am one of the ones who can not see PH rates. I was told I have to activate first. Can someone give me some rates for Nov 8-12. Best 2 or 3 rates rates for value, Mod, and Del.
Thanks

Last edited:
I'm trying to get the Disney Visa rate at Gran Destino for 8/29. Been getting "all circuits are busy, try again later" for 45 minutes!
Just fyi, I was told last night, when I called in, that a 2 day ticket minimum was required for the Disney Visa promotion.

Got up at 6am to work on reservations. Availability is very limited. I had to work on some clients bookings first but that didn't produce anything. For myself I was working on 8/30-9/2, 10/10-10/13, and 11/27-12/1.

I have the sun & fun for 8/30 and it wouldn't let me check anything for that reservation because the discounts start 9/1. I checked 9/1 to see if it was worth booking a split but this discount couldn't touch my s&f. We really wanted to switch resorts, but not worth it.

10/10 is at POFQ and there was no discounts at all there, nor even rack rate available. None at POR either. Pirate rooms only at CBR and was more on discount than rack rate at FQ. CSR was wide open but again, discounts were more expensive than rack rate at FQ. Oh well. I'll keep checking just in case.

11/27 again was booked at FQ. Switched to the tower for a $70 savings. I could've went POR for a $190 savings but we figure we'll try the tower.
These are pretty much the exact same dates I’m looking at. I didn’t have any reservations. Wound up making one just now at a standard room at CSR 10/10-10/14. I was hoping for Labor Day. The discounts and rates weren’t great.

It's never better to book without a discount unless you are willing to still go and pay the rate you book at originally. Every booked room is 1 less reason for them to offer a discount. Give them too many reasons and you won't see a discount for your dates. Your booked room only contributes to this concept.
Normally I agree with you but if I had waited to book my October trip, I wouldn't have availability or would be paying more at a different resort with the discount than rack rate at my preferred resort, because Disney has raised prices since I originally booked. However May doesn't seem nearly as busy as October so OP is probably in a better position than I would've been.

Just fyi, I was told last night, when I called in, that a 2 day ticket minimum was required for the Disney Visa promotion.
I was told the same. Then I called back and asked for room only and they “quoted” it at rack rate. LOL. Did anyone here actually get a Disney Visa discount without tickets? How much did you save?

I was wondering the same thing but here is what I found
It looks like it used to be 3 but now it’s two from some info I found online
AP must be on one of the reservations and be present at check in
Is this a thing? I never even knew/realized that? I feel like I have have 4 reservations under the same AP discount and been fine (2 trips with 2 splits).

These are pretty much the exact same dates I’m looking at. I didn’t have any reservations. Wound up making one just now at a standard room at CSR 10/10-10/14. I was hoping for Labor Day. The discounts and rates weren’t great.
Fortunately, from what I saw, CSR standard at AP rates was only a little bit more than FQ standard at rack rate. I saw average $278 at CSR and I am paying $253 (Thurs night) and $277 (Fri, Sat nights)) at FQ.

I've tried modifying my existing reservation online approximately every half hour since 8:00am. I always get the message "Sorry, but we are unable to complete your purchase online at this time. Please call (407) W-DISNEY or (407) 934-7639 for assistance, or try again later."
Same thing with me, I get to the last page and press the Purchase button and "Ooops sorry can't help you". Very frustrating

I've tried modifying my existing reservation online approximately every half hour since 8:00am. I always get the message "Sorry, but we are unable to complete your purchase online at this time. Please call (407) W-DISNEY or (407) 934-7639 for assistance, or try again later."
I got that when I tried to switch my July Sun & Fun to the AP rate. It never would go through (I tried several times all the way up until our trip) and when I called in, they basically said it wasn't really available and the website was giving a false result. It was only $9 a night less so I never pushed the issue.

Hi, I have an annual pass that is not activated yet. I am one of the ones who can not see PH rates. I was told I have to activate first. Can someone give me same rates for Nov 8-12. Best 2 or 3 rates rates for value, Mod, and Del.
Thanks
It seems the system is finally back online. Here are the lowest rates. Add 12.5% tax.

Oops, it caches my previous session. Here are the correct ones:
AS (All available) $119-133
POR $236
CSR $200
AKV -k 351
AKL $467
GF $530

Last edited:
Website is really broken now. Click on any discount & get the space mountain we’re almost in orbit countdown screen. Starts at 2 minutes 30 seconds then freezes along the way or at zero. Happening on all my devices. Freezes & sometimes has restarted or gone back to home page. Great IT :rotfl2:

Lol well this is new (to me)- went into MDE to modify a current reservation and got this. timer started at 2 minutes. are they doing a virtual queue now?

Website is really broken now. Click on any discount & get the space mountain we’re almost in orbit countdown screen. Starts at 2 minutes 30 seconds then freezes along the way or at zero. Happening on all my devices. Freezes & sometimes has restarted or gone back to home page. Great IT :rotfl2:
Lol well this is new (to me)- went into MDE to modify a current reservation and got this. timer started at 2 minutes. are they doing a virtual queue now?
View attachment 417970
I’ve been getting this periodically all morning. :crazy2:

Normally I agree with you but if I had waited to book my October trip, I wouldn't have availability or would be paying more at a different resort with the discount than rack rate at my preferred resort, because Disney has raised prices since I originally booked. However May doesn't seem nearly as busy as October so OP is probably in a better position than I would've been.
I rarely book until discounts come out. This case was exception. We are going just for the final illumination show so absolutely no flexibility on dates. I booked at rack rate to guarantee we had reservations where I wanted them and applied a sf discount when it came out. But 99% of the time, we’re flexible and will bounce between 3-4 resorts that we like. I’ve never failed to find something at one of them so far.

View attachment 417970
update: my screen did not make me reload and i was able to go all the way through (but did not change reservation because i'm waiting to hear from the rest of my travel party)

After the last website “crash” it look like a lot more room type availability has open up at Pop for my dates for both standard price and PH discount. It appears that rack rate increased approximately 10% over what I was seeing this morning, making the weekday PH rates the stated 20% discount for that period. Weekend rates are currently not discounted so I’ll keep checking for those to be included. Assuming those o get discounted, I’ll end up with about 10% savings on the rack rate from January (sadly S&F discount was never available for my room type whenever I checked). Wish it was 20% off that original rate but we were willing to pay rack rate so any savings is a bonus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter