• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP Discount Watch and FAQ 2023. 10% - 40% off select nights July 11 - Sept 28; Oct 2 - Dec 25

It is rare for me to be able to modify existing reservation online. I usually do not have the option to do this. Which is why I usually have to call and wait on hold. This was an oddity for me.
This was the ONLY benefit I got from having to create a new MDE account last year. I wasn't able to modify anything online for over a year. As soon as I was given a new MDE account and everything got moved over, I was. Knock on wood, I've been able to modify ever since. I'm a chronic modifier but only if I can compare rates online myself. I won't call to do it unless it's absolutely necessary. So they lost money on me not being able to do it

I've noticed that they seem to be limiting the room options for the AP discount. More room types are showing up under the Fall and Holiday discount. The AP Discount only shows water view rooms for Beach Club, but the FH discount shows garden view and water view.

Me too! I was waiting till they issued the rates for the Oct stay my friend went on and booked with over the weekend. She is going that week no matter what. On the other hand, we'd have only joined them if they issued a discount. I knew they would eventually, just didn't know when till yesterday. I booked our stay today.

The only other stay I have booked is over NYE. I know there will not be any discounts offered for then, not room only ones anyway. You can get a package that starts just before that and that could apply to the NYE nights but we don't stay for that long so that wouldn't ever do us much good. If you have a long stay it's the one time to book a package vs. room only
I need 2 rooms for split stays GF and YC CL. The rack rate is INSANITY. I have to wait for discounts to come out or make a different arrangement, but everyone is relying on me and I am a 'way ahead' planner and booker, so this is basically a form of torture only you Dis friends can understand.

This was the ONLY benefit I got from having to create a new MDE account last year. I wasn't able to modify anything online for over a year. As soon as I was given a new MDE account and everything got moved over, I was. Knock on wood, I've been able to modify ever since. I'm a chronic modifier but only if I can compare rates online myself. I won't call to do it unless it's absolutely necessary. So they lost money on me not being able to do it
Agreed 100%! I loved getting that functionality back. You can always cancel and rebook, but that is even more data in MDE which probably caused the account to have even more issues. LOL

Hahaha for the date I'm looking at in Nov Gran Destino prices for AP offer = GP offer. No wonder there is no list of what the discounts are for various resorts...

Just curious why some people call in and wait? The website (and applying discounts to existing reservations) is pretty easy. It is just sometimes no availability for the resort/room type or dates you had already picked.
So .. just seems to be a "lucky" thing .. if the resort you want has availability on the dates you wanted. If you have flexibility, I guess you can just choose the best days (which is hard to find the way the system "finds" room availability for you.

It just not simple is it?
For example, I can find a discount for All-Star Music for $105/night for Oct. 14-18 (Monday-Friday) .. add in on more day and that balloons to $135/night because no availability except for preferred rooms.

I seem to be going at a highly desirable time (mid October) .. (which is fine, it will be our final trip on the AP (so our 3rd (or maybe 4th) trip .. so crowds aren't a super concern (as we've done a lot this year already). It is mainly for my daughter's birthday.
Well for me, I could not because I have not (could not) upgraded our package tickets to APs yet. I will be doing that during our September trip. Others, have AP vouchers that for whatever reason won't let them see the AP discount online. Ah, Disney IT. Lovely. So had to call.

I was able to modify mine online. I ended up only saving 200.00 with the free dining, with an upgraded view from std tower room at CSR to water view for 5 nights. I also did the regular dining plan instead of the quick service, so I would have saved more, but we don't like the QS. I am just happy I was able to make changes online myself.

Same here. Even paying rack rate for the YC on our last night (Oct 1 was beyond the offer) I still can't find availability that beats what I'm paying. Between lack of availability and the increased rack rate, there's no savings for me. If the YC had availability for our dates under the new rate, I would save some, but not a lot. I'm just glad I got the sf rate when I did!
We have FQ booked in October on a standard price rate and it beats the discount at both CSR and CBR. Which seems crazy to me but we've had it booked awhile. Nothing at all at FQ or POR.

Ugh! So frustrating about no dates for Aug 30th check in - We're there Aug 30th - Sept 1.

Only discount is the Disney Visa one - lets hope I can call back and switch my ressie using it and it's not all gone.
Just FYI, I called for the Disney Visa yesterday and I was told it has a 2 day ticket minimum.

This is a disaster - she keeps getting kicked off, there are evidently no discounts at CSR for my dates Oct 24-27...
There was none for us for 10/10-10/13 at FQ or POR. Only Pirate rooms at CBR and the discounted rooms at CSR were more than what I am paying rack rate at POFQ. In fact there were no rack rate rooms left at FQ or POR. So it must be booked solid.

Can they combine 2 reservations rates into one reservation? I don't think so, but wondered. So like first 4 nights are AP rate and last 2 are rack rate all in one reservation or does it have to be split no matter what?

Can they combine 2 reservations rates into one reservation? I don't think so, but wondered. So like first 4 nights are AP rate and last 2 are rack rate all in one reservation or does it have to be split no matter what?
This wouldn’t be eligible to be combined.

Reservations can only be combined if they are the exact same discount and exact same resort/room category. You would have a continuing reservation and need it noted on both of them. Disney would make every effort to keep you in the same room, but no guarantee.

This wouldn’t be eligible to be combined.

Reservations can only be combined if they are the exact same discount and exact same resort/room category. You would have a continuing reservation and need it noted on both of them. Disney would make every effort to keep you in the same room, but no guarantee.
Thank you, I was sure it was that but was having a brain fart moment with everything.

Looks like I may have saved a $100. I had a split at POP and CBR, but switched to CSR. I was able to book online, before I cancelled those. Perhaps it allowed me to do so, because the dates were split. I cancelled CBR once CSR went through and called to cancel POP, because it was a convention rate. I was looking forward to trying CBR, especially with the gondolas, but oh well. Next time. I could save even more if I went to ASSp or Movies.

Last edited:
I think you can do one reservation combining rack rate and AP. I might have even done that.
I’ve booked a new reservation where the AP discount only worked on certain nights and some were full price, but in the past, guest relations has only combined mine when everything was identical.

Got up at 6am to work on reservations. Availability is very limited. I had to work on some clients bookings first but that didn't produce anything. For myself I was working on 8/30-9/2, 10/10-10/13, and 11/27-12/1.

I have the sun & fun for 8/30 and it wouldn't let me check anything for that reservation because the discounts start 9/1. I checked 9/1 to see if it was worth booking a split but this discount couldn't touch my s&f. We really wanted to switch resorts, but not worth it.

10/10 is at POFQ and there was no discounts at all there, nor even rack rate available. None at POR either. Pirate rooms only at CBR and was more on discount than rack rate at FQ. CSR was wide open but again, discounts were more expensive than rack rate at FQ. Oh well. I'll keep checking just in case.

11/27 again was booked at FQ. Switched to the tower for a $70 savings. I could've went POR for a $190 savings but we figure we'll try the tower.

LOL. It’s totally broken online.
View attachment 417913
That's what I see when a resort isn't actually available for the discount. IE the values are excluded from certain discounts but I can still click the discount button, but then it just shows the same as your screen (same price for both standard and discount). Is that an excluded resort?

How many rooms can an AP holder book? If more than 1, can they do it online or must it be by phone? My parents have APs and we would like to be able to get the room discount for my husband and I as well. We were able to get the 20% for December at AKL, but 30% would be even better. Thanks! :)
I was wondering the same thing but here is what I found
It looks like it used to be 3 but now it’s two from some info I found online
AP must be on one of the reservations and be present at check in

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter