AP Discount Watch and FAQ 2023. 10% - 40% off select nights July 11 - Sept 28; Oct 2 - Dec 25

And to further add to the higher AP weekend rates, the Summer Offer, was actually a better deal in many of the rooms I checked because the rates for Friday and Saturday nights were not excluded from the discount, thereby making the stay over the course of the week cheaper. Seems like they are trying to discourage AP holders from coming down for the weekend. The dates I'm checking are 8/10-8/18, but I noticed that all weekends, July - August, have increased for most of the resorts.

Last edited:
I have a question about APs.

We're bridging our tickets when we come in July to APs and are planning 3 trips over the next year. When Disney releases booking for next year I was going to go ahead and book for next February and June with a ticketless package. When AP rates are released, if there's availability, is it pretty easy to switch your booking to the AP rate? Can you do that online or do you have to call? Thanks!

And to further add to the higher AP weekend rates, the Summer Offer, was actually a better deal in many of the rooms I checked because the rates for Friday and Saturday nights were not excluded from the discount, thereby making the stay over the course of the week cheaper. Seems like they are trying to discourage AP holders from coming down for the weekend. The dates I'm checking are 8/10-8/18, but I noticed that all weekends, July - August, have increased for most of the resorts.
OMG, I just checked and you are right! I can vouch that the AP rates for the weekend were originally included in the summer promo and now they are not. That is a HUGE bummer! If they exclude weekends from AP rates, then I am definitely not booking Deluxe CL anymore. No way I'm paying those rack rates!

And this is a good reminder that you need to check all available discounts. One may be better than another.

We got APs because we were going in April and I know we want to return for SWGE. But, because of the good discounts, Disney got me to add two stays - one in May and one in July. We would not have added this if we would not have gotten the full discount for the weekend. It's going to be very interesting to see what discounts we see past September. The trend has definitely been to discount only specific dates and resorts or to discount some more than others and this just continues that trend.

I have a question about APs.

We're bridging our tickets when we come in July to APs and are planning 3 trips over the next year. When Disney releases booking for next year I was going to go ahead and book for next February and June with a ticketless package. When AP rates are released, if there's availability, is it pretty easy to switch your booking to the AP rate? Can you do that online or do you have to call? Thanks!

If availability shows online, then you can modify your reservation to the new rates online. However, just because it doesn't show availability online for your dates, doesn't mean you can't call in and have the AP rates applied. If the amount of allotted rooms getting the rates hasn't been exceeded, then the CM can add the lower rates to your reservation. Either way it's pretty easy, as long as there is availability.

If availability shows online, then you can modify your reservation to the new rates online. However, just because it doesn't show availability online for your dates, doesn't mean you can't call in and have the AP rates applied. If the amount of allotted rooms getting the rates hasn't been exceeded, then the CM can add the lower rates to your reservation. Either way it's pretty easy, as long as there is availability.
Thanks! I'm really interested I'm seeing what happens with discounts next year.

Oh, one more question. When you have APs and want to book a ticketless package, is the deposit still $200 or do you have to pay for one night's stay as a deposit?

Oh, one more question. When you have APs and want to book a ticketless package, is the deposit still $200 or do you have to pay for one night's stay as a deposit?
The AP has no bearing on the deposit and cancellation rules. If you book a package, then package deposit and cancellation policies apply. If you book Room Only, then Room Only deposit and cancellation policies apply.

The AP has no bearing on the deposit and cancellation rules. If you book a package, then package deposit and cancellation policies apply. If you book Room Only, then Room Only deposit and cancellation policies apply.
Oh, great. Thanks! I just wasn't sure if a package without tickets was the same thing...but I guess it is in the name! :)

I am staying for 10 nights in November, 8th to the 18th. Looks like it is worth it to wait for the AP discount, book it, then buy an AP? Figuring with 20% discount, plus cancelling memory maker, plus the food/merch discount, I will come out ahead. Staying at Port Orleans Riverside. I am not a Flordia resident, so AP is probably the best discount in that time frame.

Sound correct?

OMG, I just checked and you are right! I can vouch that the AP rates for the weekend were originally included in the summer promo and now they are not. That is a HUGE bummer! If they exclude weekends from AP rates, then I am definitely not booking Deluxe CL anymore. No way I'm paying those rack rates!

And this is a good reminder that you need to check all available discounts. One may be better than another.

We got APs because we were going in April and I know we want to return for SWGE. But, because of the good discounts, Disney got me to add two stays - one in May and one in July. We would not have added this if we would not have gotten the full discount for the weekend. It's going to be very interesting to see what discounts we see past September. The trend has definitely been to discount only specific dates and resorts or to discount some more than others and this just continues that trend.

So I just checked room rates again this morning and the AP rates are back to "normal" (Friday and Saturday nights are now discounted again). Maybe just an anomaly yesterday that I happened to stumble onto? :confused3

I am staying for 10 nights in November, 8th to the 18th. Looks like it is worth it to wait for the AP discount, book it, then buy an AP? Figuring with 20% discount, plus cancelling memory maker, plus the food/merch discount, I will come out ahead. Staying at Port Orleans Riverside. I am not a Flordia resident, so AP is probably the best discount in that time frame.

Sound correct?
Definitely wait. It's usually fairly hard to make the AP worth it with only one trip because the best way to break even is to need tickets to 2 separate trips. Unless you have a really expensive room booked, like a CL room at a deluxe and there is an AP discount available. Do you have another trip planned within a year? If you do, then get APs for everyone. If you don't, then wait until the discounts come out and price out the General Public (GP) discount and then the AP discount (you can call to get the AP rates). There needs to be availability for your entire stay. The 10% food discount is good, but note that it is for TS only and does not include alcohol.

Usually the AP room discount is 5-10% better than the general public discount. But, this last discount, the weekends were suddenly excluded for AP rates, which made the AP discount the same or worse than the GP discount. This is the first time I've seen that and it may signal what's coming down for the Fall in terms of discounts. On a mod room that is $250/night, a 5% discount would save you an extra $125 over the GP discount, across all 10 nights. That will not make you break even on one AP.

Sound correct?

IF Disney offers a 20% AP discount for POR, then your plan might work out if you've run your numbers correctly. However, with the opening of SWGE and current discounts ending around that time, many are speculating that Disney may offer significantly reduced discounts across the board or worse, none at all. It all remains to be seen. All signs seem to be pointing to Disney having no problem filling rooms thereby nullifying the need to offer discounts, especially to AP holders, whom Disney would rather not book rooms, opting instead to attract the first time visitors or those that haven't vacationed there in awhile who would be more willing to pay higher rates to get their chance to see SWGE. It will all come down to how the resorts have already been booked.

So I just checked room rates again this morning and the AP rates are back to "normal" (Friday and Saturday nights are now discounted again). Maybe just an anomaly yesterday that I happened to stumble onto? :confused3
Or, they were testing something for the future...I mean, it’s pretty suspect when a glitch affects a discount, but only on the weekends. I think it’s a sign of things to come and I think you stumbled upon something valuable.

IF Disney offers a 20% AP discount for POR, then your plan might work out if you've run your numbers correctly. However, with the opening of SWGE and current discounts ending around that time, many are speculating that Disney may offer significantly reduced discounts across the board or worse, none at all. It all remains to be seen. All signs seem to be pointing to Disney having no problem filling rooms thereby nullifying the need to offer discounts, especially to AP holders, whom Disney would rather not book rooms, opting instead to attract the first time visitors or those that haven't vacationed there in awhile who would be more willing to pay higher rates to get their chance to see SWGE. It will all come down to how the resorts have already been booked.
But what normally happens is they offer 10-15% public discount for values/mods and 20% AP discount. So the “net” AP discount is 5-10% (what you get with the AP, above and beyond what Joe Shmoe can get). I think he’s smart to see what is offered and how much it will save him!

But what normally happens is they offer 10-15% public discount for values/mods and 20% AP discount. So the “net” AP discount is 5-10% (what you get with the AP, above and beyond what Joe Shmoe can get). I think he’s smart to see what is offered and how much it will save him!
Also, it’s room discount only correct? Does not apply to the entire package. Need to figure that into the calc. I am also planning on a vip tour, and a couple other things that may get a discount. It all adds up...

Also, it’s room discount only correct? Does not apply to the entire package. Need to figure that into the calc. I am also planning on a vip tour, and a couple other things that may get a discount. It all adds up...
Correct. Discount applies to room rate portion. Tickets and Dining plans do not get an AP discount.

Could I bother someone to check AP rates for me? The dates are 8/15- 8/20 and the resorts I'm looking at are CSR- Tower, AKL, or GF. It is for one adult and one child.

Thanks so much!

Could I bother someone to check AP rates for me? The dates are 8/15- 8/20 and the resorts I'm looking at are CSR- Tower, AKL, or GF. It is for one adult and one child.

Thanks so much!

CR Tower Lake $444
CR TPV $483
AKL SV $347
GF GV $402
GF LV $408
GF TPV $466
GF SL $476
GF RPC $629
GF RPC TPV $765

Question... Planning to Upgrade my ticket 1st day of trip 6/5. I’ve already purchased Memory Maker and questioning whether or not it’s nonrefundable???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter