Anything could happen but I am going to Disney! An August 2023 PTR (new TR link 09/22)

What a great line up you have! Sounds amazing 😊
Thank you! I am so excited. :)
I've heard good things about Savor the Savanna. :)
Me too! @disneyAndi14 reviews of this experience really piqued my interest and made me book.
Get on that Susan!
Right????? I am sure Disney is going to listen.
You got it! Great!
Yes! It was my first priority when booking opened.
Nice. Looking forward to hearing about your experience with this tour.
Thanks! I am really looking forward to it.
Ah! Don't know anyone who's seen the new show. Looking forward to hearing your review on that too.
I have read some great reviews online. :)

ADRs part 2!

Here's the decision I have to make....should I see the new Famtasmic or not? In case I do see it I booked a Fantasmic dining package at Sci Fi. Do you think this is a good value? Or should I look at another location? Hmmmm.....

So here's the lineup.....

Saturday, August 26th ~ Fantasmic dining package at Sci Fi Drive In (tentative)

Sunday, August 27th ~ Brunch at Homecoming' @ 9:30 am. No Gospel Brunch as yet but I am still keeping an ear open and may change if this happens.

Sangria University at 1:30 pm at Three Bridges Bar and Grill.

Monday, August 28th ~ Dinner at Olivia's @ 6:05 pm. Although I may change to Sebastians instead, I'm still deciding which one appeals more. Although going to Epcot for the evening, maybe Sebastians would make sense so I can take the Skyliner over.

Tuesday, August 29th ~ lunch at Tony's Town Square at 11:55 with hopes of outdoor seating to take in the parade. Thanks to @disneyAndi14 for this fabulous idea.

Then sadly I have to head for the airport by 4:00 as I haven't figured out how I can live full time in Disney...yet!

ADRs part 2!

Here's the decision I have to make....should I see the new Famtasmic or not? In case I do see it I booked a Fantasmic dining package at Sci Fi. Do you think this is a good value? Or should I look at another location? Hmmmm.....

So here's the lineup.....

Saturday, August 26th ~ Fantasmic dining package at Sci Fi Drive In (tentative)

Sunday, August 27th ~ Brunch at Homecoming' @ 9:30 am. No Gospel Brunch as yet but I am still keeping an ear open and may change if this happens.

Monday, August 28th ~ Dinner at Olivia's @ 6:05 pm. Although I may change to Sebastians instead, I'm still deciding which one appeals more. Although going to Epcot for the evening, maybe Sebastians would make sense so I can take the Skyliner over.

Tuesday, August 29th ~ lunch at Tony's Town Square at 11:55 with hopes of outdoor seating to take in the parade. Thanks to @disneyAndi14 for this fabulous idea.

Then sadly I have to head for the airport by 4:00 as I haven't figured out how I can live full time in Disney...yet!

I can’t seem to quote anything tonight so I pulled the whole update in here, lol 😆
I really think the dining package for Fantasmic is worth it! I also love Sci-Fi so I would say 100% do this!
We did Homecomin brunch once and it was fantastic though the gospel brunch sounds really fun!
Yay for Tony’s to watch the parade! The focaccia bread is delicious with the parmigiana fondue. I have always got the outside patio when requested. You will love it!
I make my reservations on 7/3(23. I have to get busy and decide on our itinerary!

In case I do see it I booked a Fantasmic dining package at Sci Fi.
Personally not a fan of Sci-Fi, but haven't tried everything on the menu either.
Brunch at Homecoming' @ 9:30 am.
mmm... deviled eggs...
Tuesday, August 29th ~ lunch at Tony's Town Square at 11:55 with hopes of outdoor seating to take in the parade.
:thumbsup2
Keyword = "yet"

I really think the dining package for Fantasmic is worth it! I also love Sci-Fi so I would say 100% do this!
Thanks for the positive feedback! :)
We did Homecomin brunch once and it was fantastic though the gospel brunch sounds really fun!
I have done Homecomin' before and really enjoyed it. I was debating on WBG but all the times there were later in the morning which didn't work for my plans at CSR.
Yay for Tony’s to watch the parade! The focaccia bread is delicious with the parmigiana fondue. I have always got the outside patio when requested. You will love it!
Thank you! I am looking forard to it. :goodvibes
I make my reservations on 7/3(23. I have to get busy and decide on our itinerary!
Can't wait to hear all your plans!
mmm... deviled eggs...
Ummm, no! I feel the same way about devilled eggs that you do about coconut. Now fried green tomatoes on the other hand, those I can say mmmmmm to.
Keyword = "yet"
Exactly!!!

Ummm, no! I feel the same way about devilled eggs that you do about coconut. Now fried green tomatoes on the other hand, those I can say mmmmmm to.
Tomatoes it is!
Do they serve fried chicken for brunch? Or, ooooh… that Mac n cheese!!

In case I do see it I booked a Fantasmic dining package at Sci Fi. Do you think this is a good value? Or should I look at another location? Hmmmm.....
We did the Fantasmic dining package with lunch at SciFi. The food was good, as usual. I had the hot fudge sundae as part of the dining package and it was delicious. I liked it more than Ghirardelli's sundae. :) But we would have been able to get seats at Fantasmic without the dining package. The long line to get in for dining package guests was annoying. We were there in April when they had two shows which may have made a difference with the crowds.
I've always wanted to do this. Maybe if we took longer trips we could fit it in. ;)

We were lucky enough to be given an outside table at Tony's during a parade and the view was great. :)

I definitely think you should do Fantasmic and while it been yonks since I was there I think Sci-fi would be great especially as a solo diner. I love those movie clips plus you get to escape the heat.
I’ve never been to Sebastian’s or Olivia’s but you could also just go to Epcot for dinner if you’re heading there anyway. Some fab places there in all price ranges. Just a thought.
Your trip is shaping up nicely. I love all the things you’ve planned. So great to be able to do the tours and classes you possibly wouldn’t get to do travelling in a group.

Tomatoes it is!
Do they serve fried chicken for brunch? Or, ooooh… that Mac n cheese!!
I do consider mac'n'cheese to be a food group so definitely an option!
We really like the atmosphere especially in the summer. It is such a nice cool place to relax! I may have to bully you again about this one lol 😝
I love Sci Fi too. It is my boys favourite.
We did the Fantasmic dining package with lunch at SciFi. The food was good, as usual. I had the hot fudge sundae as part of the dining package and it was delicious. I liked it more than Ghirardelli's sundae. :) But we would have been able to get seats at Fantasmic without the dining package. The long line to get in for dining package guests was annoying. We were there in April when they had two shows which may have made a difference with the crowds.
I am pretty sure they have two shows in August too and part of me would prefer the later show. I am still a little on the fence with this choice although I do love it there.
I've always wanted to do this. Maybe if we took longer trips we could fit it in. ;)
Mytrip this summer is 10 days so I am adding in ALL the extras. :)
We were lucky enough to be given an outside table at Tony's during a parade and the view was great. :)
I am really excited about this!
I think you'll have a higher hill to climb on that one. I've been... three times, I think? Two for sure... and not had a good meal there yet. Not bad... but not all that good, either. Much prefer MM, 50s, or HBD.
I haven't eaten at MM yet, don't really care for 50's after trying it twice but do love HBD!
I’ve never been to Sebastian’s or Olivia’s but you could also just go to Epcot for dinner if you’re heading there anyway. Some fab places there in all price ranges. Just a thought.
This is true! So many options.... :goodvibes
Your trip is shaping up nicely. I love all the things you’ve planned. So great to be able to do the tours and classes you possibly wouldn’t get to do travelling in a group.
I had saved extra money thinking the twins would be coming along. Now that it's a solo trip I am spending it all on myself. :)
I definitely think you should do Fantasmic and while it been yonks since I was there I think Sci-fi would be great especially as a solo diner. I love those movie clips plus you get to escape the heat.
I love those movie clips too! It's been ages since I've been there too.

I can only speak about this from pre-pandemic, but having a 2nd Fantasmic show always made a HUGE difference in crowds. With a 2nd show we never did the package and always went to the 2nd show which would rarely fill up. But when there was only one show, it was almost always a pain to get into.

Last year Fantasmic was not open yet when we went. We are going in a few weeks and there is only one show on the schedule so I got the package. Would much prefer a 2nd show but with only one show the package is worth it to me.

All you ADRs sound great! This is going to be trip full of lots of fun extras.

Definitely do Fantasmic! It's a family favorite for us and we really enjoyed the new scenes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter