Anyone there now ? Hows the weather and crowds ?

Anyone want to comment on the weather this week ?

Weather: Like Olaf having summer fun. HOT, drippy, melty. It has been 95 for 3 days with Accuweather "real feel" of... wait for it... 110 degrees.

Crowds: Moderate-High. Wait times of 30-50 minutes, popular rides 40-60 minutes, and of course the really popular rides 75-120.
If you follow wait times carefully you can find flucutations and run to get on something when a wait time drops to 30 or 40.

Standby times have been very unreliable. We find they are off by a large amount. In the evenings we found they were often a lot shorter than posted but the CMs at the entrance insist they are still as long as posted! But for example, we could not get FP for 7 Dwarves so we got in line during fireworks... both times we waited 25 minutes only, although posted for 75 and 40 minutes for each of them.

It was hot when we were there this past week!
We did well at Magic Kingdom. We changed our fast pass a few times when a few rides didn't have a wait and then some were longer so we were able to switch the fast pass. We went right to 7 Dwarfs and it had a long line but we got that one done first.

Hollywood Studios - we didn't do as well. We didn't have Fast pass since we planned on going to Epcot afterwards. Long wait for Toy Story.

Epcot had a long wait for Test Track and we didn't go on it.

Weather: Like Olaf having summer fun. HOT, drippy, melty. It has been 95 for 3 days with Accuweather "real feel" of... wait for it... 110 degrees.

Crowds: Moderate-High. Wait times of 30-50 minutes, popular rides 40-60 minutes, and of course the really popular rides 75-120.
If you follow wait times carefully you can find flucutations and run to get on something when a wait time drops to 30 or 40.

Standby times have been very unreliable. We find they are off by a large amount. In the evenings we found they were often a lot shorter than posted but the CMs at the entrance insist they are still as long as posted! But for example, we could not get FP for 7 Dwarves so we got in line during fireworks... both times we waited 25 minutes only, although posted for 75 and 40 minutes for each of them.

Thanks for the update :) Shewww I bet it is hot :eek: ! I thought it was bad here in Ohio today with it being 84 with high humidity but I cannot imagine how it is at Disney.
The wait times when we went before were not all that accurate, it was usually less then what was posted. But hey that is a good thing :goodvibes

It was hot when we were there this past week!
We did well at Magic Kingdom. We changed our fast pass a few times when a few rides didn't have a wait and then some were longer so we were able to switch the fast pass. We went right to 7 Dwarfs and it had a long line but we got that one done first.

Hollywood Studios - we didn't do as well. We didn't have Fast pass since we planned on going to Epcot afterwards. Long wait for Toy Story.

Epcot had a long wait for Test Track and we didn't go on it.

Sounds like you did pretty well with fastpasses at MK.
I know alot of people have written that HS has been pretty crowded lately. Toy Story always has a long wait though. We don't even try to get on it without fastpass. We did manage to ride Test Track right before closing on an EMH night with only a 20 minute standby wait.

Sounds like you did pretty well with fastpasses at MK.
I know alot of people have written that HS has been pretty crowded lately. Toy Story always has a long wait though. We don't even try to get on it without fastpass. We did manage to ride Test Track right before closing on an EMH night with only a 20 minute standby wait.

I was there with my husband and we like Wishes so we had a Fastpass for that and we liked that we could sit on the grass for that!

We really didn't see much at Hollywood Studios.
We went over to lunch at Boardwalk Big River Brewing. It was nice to sit down inside and have a little break before heading over to Epcot.

We arrived yesterday. It is our first time visiting in summer so we planned for the worst. We got to the MK at about 2pm and it was Africa hot out, but it was manageable with a little common sense. No outside lines, duck into a store here and there, Frog Toggs and misty fans. We endured the hottest part of the day without it affecting us. We noticed that by 5-515 it "cooled" down and was very pleasant. I saw people standing in these LONG outdoor lines (Splash Mountain!) and couldn't understand why you'd want to subject yourself to that. Splash was our first FP and we cruised in. We had a great first afternoon. Kids got pix with 3 characters they never met...Brer Bear, Wendell and Horace Horsecollar so that made their day! Crystal Palace for 8:05 breakfast, couple hours in MK, rest and the Villains Unleashed tonight. God, I love this place!

We leave Monday. Im hoping the heat won't kill my kids. I bought them misting fans at 5below for only $1 and the baby has a stroller fan and we can mist him a few times. But we will be there 7 days so I'm hoping once we can't stand the heat no more we go back and go swimming, then hit up the parks at night when it cools down a very little. Im hoping the crowds will be ok. This is the 1st time we ever went in August.

We have been here since Aug. 14th. This is our fifth August in a row and it has been really hot. There were four days in a row where it didn't rain at all. We are used to some rain everyday on our August trips.

The weather is crazy hot. This is the worst we've ever endured in August. Even CMs are saying it's the hottest they've seen in several years. And the crowds this past week are heavier than years past, by far. We've been sticking to the recommended parks and the crowds have still been quite significant.

Hollywood Studios is a chaotic nightmare. Standby wait times growing quickly within the first hour of park opening, people everywhere. Rope drop is fairly useless at HS with the Frozen crowd draw at the moment.

We're having a good trip but it's been a lot different than past trips in terms of crowds. Getting a 4th FP for anything decent has been impossible. Most of the available fast passes after noon time are walk on rides to begin with (Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Dumbo, Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl, Figment, Spaceship Earth, Star Tours, etc). Nothing worthy of a FP.

It's been incredibly hot, but there have only been a handful of times in the past 6 days that I've felt like I was melting. We have stayed near water or air-conditioning. Yesterday afternoon was the first rain we had since arriving last Sunday! We were in Muppets and just hung out around the exit for a while.... Didn't even need the ponchos.
Unlike some others, I have found the crowds to be fine. We even went to DHS yesterday - Not recommended on EasyWDW, because we had our ADRs and FPs already set when Disney changed the EMH hours. We arrived in the afternoon - except for the usual suspects (RnRC and TSMM) the rides had typical waits. 10 minutes for Star Tours as an example. Empty seats at the ends of the amphitheater for the first F!, at 3 pm we picked up tickets for the 5 pm Frozen Sing Along with no problem. Left after F! - just as the Frozen fireworks were starting and got on the first bus.... Similar experiences in the other parks.

We are here now. Let's just say on Wednesday we went to the MK and the transit authority was our friend. The crowds that day were heavy for this time of year but we are here another week and usually this coming week is the slower of the 2 by far.

We plan to do MK 2 times still. Epcot on Thursday wasn't crowded at all and HS on Monday wasn't bad. We have Villains Unleashed tonight and the frozen package next week. We don't leave til the 1st.

We arrived yesterday. It is our first time visiting in summer so we planned for the worst. We got to the MK at about 2pm and it was Africa hot out, but it was manageable with a little common sense. No outside lines, duck into a store here and there, Frog Toggs and misty fans. We endured the hottest part of the day without it affecting us. We noticed that by 5-515 it "cooled" down and was very pleasant. I saw people standing in these LONG outdoor lines (Splash Mountain!) and couldn't understand why you'd want to subject yourself to that. Splash was our first FP and we cruised in. We had a great first afternoon. Kids got pix with 3 characters they never met...Brer Bear, Wendell and Horace Horsecollar so that made their day! Crystal Palace for 8:05 breakfast, couple hours in MK, rest and the Villains Unleashed tonight. God, I love this place!

Sounds like it wont be to bad , if we just dont stand out in the heat to long :thumbsup2

The weather is crazy hot. This is the worst we've ever endured in August. Even CMs are saying it's the hottest they've seen in several years. And the crowds this past week are heavier than years past, by far. We've been sticking to the recommended parks and the crowds have still been quite significant.

Hollywood Studios is a chaotic nightmare. Standby wait times growing quickly within the first hour of park opening, people everywhere. Rope drop is fairly useless at HS with the Frozen crowd draw at the moment.

We're having a good trip but it's been a lot different than past trips in terms of crowds. Getting a 4th FP for anything decent has been impossible. Most of the available fast passes after noon time are walk on rides to begin with (Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Dumbo, Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl, Figment, Spaceship Earth, Star Tours, etc). Nothing worthy of a FP.

I have checked historical temps over the past few years and it is showing this year in August is way hotter than the past few.

We are here now. Let's just say on Wednesday we went to the MK and the transit authority was our friend. The crowds that day were heavy for this time of year but we are here another week and usually this coming week is the slower of the 2 by far.

We plan to do MK 2 times still. Epcot on Thursday wasn't crowded at all and HS on Monday wasn't bad. We have Villains Unleashed tonight and the frozen package next week. We don't leave til the 1st.

We plan on going the 2nd week in August next year maybe. I was hoping crowds would thin out that week but it doesnt sound like it.

Here at HS today- pretty warm, but not so bad.. People are not fanning themselves like mad. I think the intermittent cloud cover is helping. I will tell you that a few people who are here and already dressed for the party tonight look semi- uncomfortable. I've seen some pretty long/heavy dresses and skirts already--

We were pretty hot when we were there. HS was crowded. We didn't stay there long. My husband was hot and toy store mania was 80 Min wait.

Was at Epcot today. Was HOT...then a crazy storm came around 4:30pm and flooded the area outside Mexico pavilion such that you couldn't go in either direction without going through water that was about shin deep. Everyone seemed to be having fun taking off their shoes and sloshing through it. Our next FP was for Test Track. Got over there and found out that one of the incredibly loud thunderclaps we heard was lightning hitting the track. Wound up blowing out power to the entire ride. That ride has enough problems when it doesn't get hit by lighting...we gave up at 8pm when the ride still hadn't come back up. Gotta love Central Florida weather in the summer.

Heat index today was between 112 - 120 and was reported to be closer to 120 in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter