Anyone ready for halloween 2012 at the Fort?!?!

Here is the movie schedule I could find:

Disney's Fort Wilderness Campground Outdoor Movie Schedule

Oct 1 - Hercules
Oct 2 -Cinderella (See our Princess Page)
Oct 3 - Finding Nemo
Oct 4 - Bolt
Oct. 5 - Remember the Titans
Oct 6 - Cars
Oct 7 - Pocahontas
Oct 8 - Ratatouille
Oct 9 - Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey
Oct 10 - A Bug's Life
Oct 11 - Tangled (See our Princess Page)
Oct 12 - The Greatest Game Ever Played
Oct 13 - Halloweentown
Oct 14 - Something Wicked This Way Comes
Oct. 15 - Hercules
Oct 16 - Cinderella
Oct 17 - Finding Nemo
Oct 18 - Bolt
Oct 19 - Remember the Titans
Oct 20 - Cars
Oct 21 - Pocahontas
Oct 22 - Ratatouille
Oct 23 - Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey
Oct 24 - A Bug's Life
Oct 25 - Tangled
Oct 26 - The Greatest Game Ever Played
Oct 27 - Halloweentown
Oct 28 - Something Wicked This Way Comes
Oct 29 - Hercules
Oct 30 - The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad / The Haunted Mansion
Oct 31 - Hocus Pocus

Hi,

We have been to the cabins twice in October, but this is our first time for Halloween. My kids are going nuts! Will we see many trick or treaters at the cabins? I want to send down candy before we leave, so any advise would be nice.

Best Regards,

Stephen

Do we have any idea what the event schedule is going to be at FW that day? or those couple of days?

Woo hoo! We are booked for the 26th through the 3rd. Got @ three workable days to get the golf cart back together as it is in @ 10 pieces right now. Pulling out the Halloween decorations and looking forward to an enjoyable time with the family. Can't speak for the traffic at the cabins, but I know the loops get a little nuts. Have fun.

Hi Guys! My family will also be there from Halloween until Sunday, it's our 2nd trip to FW. We tried to get a golf cart from Kenny at Tee Time but he is all out. All of the other golf cart rental off site companies (which are 40-50% cheaper than FW) have told me they can rent to us but we need a car with a hitch to meet them about a mile away, which we don't have. A golf cart for us is a must and I'd hate to shell out 240 to FW for 4 days. Any other places that you know of that can deliver to the campsite besides TeeTime?

We will be at the fort 10/26 - 10/29. Are all the halloween activities (trick or treat, golf cart parade, etc...) done only on Halloween the 31st?

We will be at the fort 10/26 - 10/29. Are all the halloween activities (trick or treat, golf cart parade, etc...) done only on Halloween the 31st?

There may be a few Halloween related activities but the trick or treat and golf cart parade are usually always on the 31st :(

We will be at the Fort for Halloween this year! This is out first BIG trip with our travel trailer (we are pulling over 15 hours with a 2 and 4 year old!!!) Can anyone give me some guidance of how to get around for trick or treating in the fort, will will probably be in the 1600-1900 loop section. I have called Disney several times with no answers... Any help would be wonderful!!! Do we go to all loops or will that be too crazy?

We will be at the Fort for Halloween this year! This is out first BIG trip with our travel trailer (we are pulling over 15 hours with a 2 and 4 year old!!!) Can anyone give me some guidance of how to get around for trick or treating in the fort, will will probably be in the 1600-1900 loop section. I have called Disney several times with no answers... Any help would be wonderful!!! Do we go to all loops or will that be too crazy?

There are several loops close by. I'd just walk and remember to bring a flashlight. I imagine you'll have all those little hands can carry.

All I know for certain is the golf cart parade is the 31st at 6pm. They usually have sign-up at the Bike Barn that day. :moped:

Bama ED

We went for the first time when our children were 5. We got WAAAY more candy than they were used to at home! We walked from loop to loop and they had a fantastic time. From your location I would hit all 4 loops that are there together, then if your crowd is up to it I would head towards the 1400 loop (it is a double and the next one closer to the water from your location) and then the 400/500 and 300 loops (those 3 are very close together). 100/200 are right on the water and just a short walk beyond 300 on the sidewalk. You could keep going towards 700, 800, etc. but by then you might have had enough candy! :rotfl2: You'll be able to cover ground more quickly if you have a golf cart, our first year we walked but since then we have had a cart. But if you don't have a cart no worries, our kids do a lot of walking on the loops anyway due to the foot traffic, we just hop on the cart to go from loop to loop.

Look for a post on this thread or elsewhere on the board as to the location of the Halloween train campsite, it is really cool and our kids love to watch it and get candy from the train!

Have a fantastic trip, maybe we'll see ya there!

All I know for certain is the golf cart parade is the 31st at 6pm. They usually have sign-up at the Bike Barn that day. :moped:

Bama ED

That's what I get for calling the FW front desk this past Sunday and asking a direct question. The frightfully perky girl who answered the phone also gave me different times for the site judging. I LOL at myself. Happy to have the record set straight.

Photofreak posted the full schedule for the 30th and 31st in a separate thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3011907

Bama ED

We just booked a campsite for Halloween! We have been every year for several years now and LOVE Halloween at the Fort!! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter