Anyone ready for halloween 2012 at the Fort?!?!

Blaze12

Is it time for our next visit yet??????
I can not WAIT!!!!! We are only going a couple days, one of which is Halloween night. I was disappointed about canceling the haunted horse ride through FW. Any leaks of what activities are, etc, this year? Does anyone know if they are doing the Halloween character meal again?

I can not WAIT!!!!! We are only going a couple days, one of which is Halloween night. I was disappointed about canceling the haunted horse ride through FW. Any leaks of what activities are, etc, this year? Does anyone know if they are doing the Halloween character meal again?

Knock on wood, we will be there. Since all my reservations have come together, I keep saying something will probably come up that we have to cancel.

Like you we were disappointed that they cancelled the haunted carriage ride. We will probably try to do a regular carriage ride or the wagon ride. I've never done either one.

Who else will be there?

"The Little FWRR" is planning on being there for our third Halloween to hand out candy for Trick or Treat again. We'll be in a premium loop. I'll post the site number a day or two before Halloween. party:

AuntBJ, your blowups will look great! Hope you can come by on Halloween. I think we'll be arriving the day before Halloween, so if all goes well I should have the trains running that evening, and then to dispense candy for Trick or Treat. We'll have to start tearing down as soon as Trick or Treat is over.pixiedust:

We will be there! Our first time camping at the fort although we have stayed in the cabins. Picked this week especially for halloween!

We will be there! Our first time camping at the fort although we have stayed in the cabins. Picked this week especially for halloween!

Great choice! Will you be participating in Trick or Treating?

Did some shopping today. Got some candy and some craft stuff.

Oh, by the way, Joann's Fabrics had some cute Disney Halloween Bags in their $1 bin.

Looks great. We should get a decoration swap going! ;)

Great idea! I love to share, especially stuff I have made (if anyone else wants it). I guess it would be a little difficult for Halloween, as we will be there the week of Halloween.

Our Christmas trip is the week after Thanksgiving and I usually pass some things along when I leave. Even though we will be at ASMu, I would much rather pass anything I can along to another camper.

I think we will be partita ting both handing out and taking our grandson around. We will be decorating too but probably not blow ups. Can't wait for the golf cart parade and looking for ideas for a spooktacular dinner.

We went last year the week before Halloween and it was so thrilling so see all the campsite decorations. As it was our first time going in October we had no idea people at the fort did this! We are going again this year and I'm so excited to be bringing our own spooky stuff! My only concern...we are going in early October and I hope many of the campers have begun to decorate and that it's not too early for them. :dance3:

We went last year the week before Halloween and it was so thrilling so see all the campsite decorations. As it was our first time going in October we had no idea people at the fort did this! We are going again this year and I'm so excited to be bringing our own spooky stuff! My only concern...we are going in early October and I hope many of the campers have begun to decorate and that it's not too early for them. :dance3:

That's what is great about camping...as soon as one holiday passes you can start decorating for the next. You will not be too early at all.

I think we will be partita ting both handing out and taking our grandson around. We will be decorating too but probably not blow ups. Can't wait for the golf cart parade and looking for ideas for a spooktacular dinner.

I estimated I handed out candy to about 300 children last year and that is what I am preparing for this year. We even gave out the candy we received at MNSSHP (except for the Werther's.)

We didn't take the golf cart last year so I look forward to participating in the parade this year. I have a theme in mind but I might be overestimating my available prep time.

How early in Oct do people start decorations. We will be at the fort and DW and DD (3) were hoping to see some set-ups. We arrive on the 17th and stay till the 21st.

Thanks

How early in Oct do people start decorations. We will be at the fort and DW and DD (3) were hoping to see some set-ups. We arrive on the 17th and stay till the 21st.

Thanks

There will be plenty then. Most decorating starts when the MNSSHP in Sept.

when do people start taking down the halloween decorations? we are arriving on Nov 1st and were hoping to see a few sites before its all gone

Most will still be up. The long term campers do the biggest decorating. They don't have to be in a huge hurry to get them down. I'd cruise thru the night you get there. :drive:

We'll be there again this year!! Can't wait... We even convinced another family to join us!! Look out for the Port Dover firemen... They'll be on the loose!! lol

We'll be there too -- our 5th year for Halloween and Trick or Treating at the Fort! We wouldn't have it any other way :cool1: Got the new Mickey inflatable from Wal-Mart today. Was at Walgreen's tonight and they had temporary tattoos that were Mickey/Minnie Halloween style, way cool!
FWRR3, we LOVE the train! Will look for updates as to your location.
AuntBJ, your inflatable RV will look great with your Mickey pumpkin :goodvibes I was going through the decorations earlier tonight looking for my LED stuff for the golf cart. Should be a great time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter