Anyone Reading "Cast Member Confidential" Yet?

Could someone please explain the appeal of Red Velvet Cake??

SERIOUSLY????????? :scared1:

Red Velvet runs a close 2nd to Grapefruit Cake! Starbucks has been selling Red Velvet cupcakes and I've been in heaven! They are awesome! You have to have GOOD Red Velvet cake with GOOD frosting, some of the cheap knockoffs are nasty, but when it's made right........:love:

Why sir, are you calling me a tart? How did you know I have diabetes? I didn't know we had met.:goodvibes

Actually I think we did meet at DAP.....and like Mary Martin, this Peter Pan is a she. ;)

Also, I said "some DIS'ers"...everyone can apply to themselves or others as they see fit.

Actually I think we did meet at DAP.....and like Mary Martin, this Peter Pan is a she. ;)

Also, I said "some DIS'ers"...everyone can apply to themselves or others as they see fit.

I apologize. I am always getting called she. I know how it feels.

There were SOOOO many people at DAP. Hopefully you can come to another event!

I apologize. I am always getting called she. I know how it feels.

There were SOOOO many people at DAP. Hopefully you can come to another event!

NP,happens all the time. My own fault for choosing a male character.

DAP was crazy crowded, but it was AWESOME. I can't wait for the next one.

What cake is it that is supposed to be so good?

I think it is at the Brown derby and also at the Writer's Stop.

Grapefruit cake or carrot cake?

I read the recipe for the grapefruit cake. Seemed the best part would be the frosting/icing!

We had an assortment of flavors in our wedding cake, and the Red Velvet cake was the best. It is really good.

I wonder what Grapefruit cheesecake tastes like? Hmmmmmm....

btw, good thread. It is always better to debate ideas rather than censor them. :thumbsup2

Probably started a petition to put an end to it.

Yep, they mentioned swords, how obscene! :scared1:

Here's a theory (that I wish I believed):
Maybe Sal is actually the author. Sure, he spews rhetoric (poorly) about obscenity and such, when really he just wants to increase sales. I bet you sales spiked compared to normal just because of this thread.

Also, am I the only one who does not think the cover is
a) that incredibly close to a mickey hand or
b) very enticing to children?

Also, I guess Sal hasn't visited the romance section. I bet all those books without warning labels or wrappers would have his knickers all in a twist! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

We had an assortment of flavors in our wedding cake, and the Red Velvet cake was the best. It is really good.

I wonder what Grapefruit cheesecake tastes like? Hmmmmmm....

btw, good thread. It is always better to debate ideas rather than censor them. :thumbsup2

Ooooo, if you really want to try something, the Red Velvet Cheesecake at Cheesecake Factory is to die for!

Hello! I've noticed your posts, and I need to correct some information that's being wrongly posted on this board. I am the manager of Urban Think! Bookstore downtown.
I don't know where you got your information, but we DID NOT cancel a book signing for the book because of the reasons you described. What happened was that I simply zoned out and misunderstood that the signing had actually actually been scheduled after discussing it with whomever set up the signing; apparently I missed the memo : ) When the signing was brought to my attention last week, I decided that there was not enough time to do publicity for the short time we had (the signing was scheduled for February) and so chose to demur. It's not fair to the author to have a book signing and not do enough publicity-- that would just be a waste of the author's time.
We would NEVER cancel a signing because of perceived notions about a book; that's not what we're about. We've had all sorts of literature here over the years.
I hope this clears things up-- and, I would suggest in the future that sources be checked, information verified, and rumors defused. Thank you !
-- Jim

Thanks for visiting our boards JamesA.:thumbsup2

I appreciate your clearing this up for us.

I'm proud to know that you have not caved to pressure from some misguided group with a clipboard and an agenda.

I agree with Kevin, thanks for the update, I will make it a point to stop by your shop.

Could someone please explain the appeal of Red Velvet Cake??

It's just the BEST THING EVER!!!! Especially the frosting.

What cake is it that is supposed to be so good?

I think it is at the Brown derby and also at the Writer's Stop.

Grapefruit cake or carrot cake?

I read the recipe for the grapefruit cake. Seemed the best part would be the frosting/icing!

you may be thinking about the carrot cake cookie at the Writer's Stop...sooo good...more like a cookie sandwich with cream cheese frosting as the filling

It's just the BEST THING EVER!!!! Especially the frosting.

If the best thing about red velvet cake is the frosting, then I will just eat the frosting and not the bottle of red food color.

I remember red velve cake from decades ago. Is this a retro / nostalgia comeback?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter