Anyone NOT Going on the Podcast Cruise???

Look at is this way, only the losers are going. No one will have any fun. And odds are good we'll run out of Rum before we hit Nassau anyway.

Who are you kidding? They're going to have to restock the rum before we even pull away from PC.

Count me in on the Pity Party, too -- I'll bring chips and dip! There is no way we could go in May -- DD can't miss school, plus Dh and I are on the committee planning the giant art fair my nonprofit organization puts on every May. However, we are going on the Wonder during Spring Break 2009!

I think we should throw a big bash here in on the boards.. We'll get a band:rockband: , do some dancing :dancer: , have some cake :cake: and a drink:drinking::drinking1 or two or three. Maybe there will be a few hookups :love2: :love1: :grouphug: , who knows?

Of course, we may be hungover inthe morning :faint: :sick: , but oh well, we can pretend it's just seasickness!

I'll join the party, and bring the rice krispie treats. We will have just finished our final preschool payments for our twins in April, so not enough time to save up that money. Hmmm... preschool or podcast cruise????

:charac2: Pity Party!Pity Party! :drinking1
May I join? We have an Alaskan cruise planned for next year and can't afford 2 cruises. :guilty:

:sad: I'm sad we can't go either, so count me in. I make a mean butt dip :eek: (mexican cheese dip). Who's bringing the margaritas?

Oh, don't feel too bad for me, we are going on our 1st Disney Cruise in June '09 and the parents are paying:cool1:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll miss the big party by about a month, but when their party is over, mine will be just starting.;)

I'll join in!!

We won't be joining, unless I win a cabin from Pete! Just can't afford it right now...it's torture hearing about the plans and stuff, but I love hearing what's being planned!

Maybe this will become an annual thing so I can plan to go on the next one! :)

Can i join in?

1) its in May, so i will be half way through my second year exams
2) I am at University and therefore poor
3) I wanna come!!!! :sad1:

Oh well! We will have loads of fun hijacking the boards when they are away!

Yep, I'll be just like wishspirit, except in my first year...

Well, at least it doesn't completely suck... I'm applying for the International CP that summer, so at least I'll make it to Florida hopefully.

No way I can go in May :sad1: I would love to, but I already going on a vacation to Maine the last week of April, can't take off another week in May.
I'd cancel the Maine trip, but it's my sisters 40th birthday trip and she would kill me. If it weren't for that though.........

I'm jump into the Pity Party feet first too (feet first, first time!) since we won't be going. We are holding off on going on a cruise until our youngest is closer to five so our boys won't be in the same kids club. Don't want the little one bugging his older brother as he makes friends. ;)

We could always put some floats in the pool and create our own 'cruise'. :)

Looks like the same here. Just DW and I so no school issues.

I have yet to be able to get DW to commit to a cruise. I had one all booked for our honeymoon seventeen years ago and I had to cancel due to her tremendous fear of getting sea sick. We went to Hawaii instead.

Last year friends went on an Alaskan cruise and we had to decline.

I talked with her about the podcast cruise last week. Explained it was fairly short, and in waters that shouldn't pose her any issues. She didn't say no but once I started checking flights and showed her the quote I had gotten back from Tracy she knew I was dead serious. From that point I could see that dreaded look of fear on her face and in her eyes. At that point I had to dismiss the possibility of us cruising together until she reaches some type of breakthrough with her fear. I've tried showing her different testimonials from people but just the fear of sea sickness itself is enough to make her sick.

I'm fortunate that we will be able to enjoy the magic through the WDW parks this May and hopefully someday she'll miraculously lose this fear and we can cruise. Until then we'll enjoy the dry Disney. ;)

The wife and I are sadly not going on the Podcast cruise. It just kills me every time I read or hear the podcast cruise being discussed because I want to be on that cruise!!

I shouldn't complain though, because the reason we're not on the Podcast cruise is because we have multiple future Disney trips booked, plus a 14 day non-Disney Alaska cruise next month and a 7 day non-Disney Carribean cruise in April 2009. I'm still complaining though. ;) I want to be on the Podcast cruise too!!! :thumbsup2 My job interferes with my vacation and Disney obsession.

Looks like the same here. Just DW and I so no school issues.

I have yet to be able to get DW to commit to a cruise. I had one all booked for our honeymoon seventeen years ago and I had to cancel due to her tremendous fear of getting sea sick. We went to Hawaii instead.

Last year friends went on an Alaskan cruise and we had to decline.

I talked with her about the podcast cruise last week. Explained it was fairly short, and in waters that shouldn't pose her any issues. She didn't say no but once I started checking flights and showed her the quote I had gotten back from Tracy she knew I was dead serious. From that point I could see that dreaded look of fear on her face and in her eyes. At that point I had to dismiss the possibility of us cruising together until she reaches some type of breakthrough with her fear. I've tried showing her different testimonials from people but just the fear of sea sickness itself is enough to make her sick.

I'm fortunate that we will be able to enjoy the magic through the WDW parks this May and hopefully someday she'll miraculously lose this fear and we can cruise. Until then we'll enjoy the dry Disney. ;)

Oh bless her!
I know how that feels!
Maybe she should go see someone about it, cause if its vomit phobia it could be taking over her life. I know how horrid Sea sickness is, and i refuse to get on small boats at all. However i had no problems on a Disney Cruise, plus if i did feel squiffy i just went back to the room and slept. I understand that fear of sea sickness, i was having a MASSIVE freak out whilst doing the life boat drill, but luckily i pushed on through.
Send her my love, and suggest seeking some help (thats what i needed!)
Best of luck!
Kate

Yep, I'll be just like wishspirit, except in my first year...

Well, at least it doesn't completely suck... I'm applying for the International CP that summer, so at least I'll make it to Florida hopefully.

We should have our own University goers pity party, want to go but just too darn poor!
:headache:

I'll sign up for this pity party, and I'll bring the chips.

I'm going back to school in the fall after a 17 year absence and I just can not afford a cruise and still feed the kids. Darn kids and their need for food.:laughing:

I'll join too.

We're planning to start a family next year and jus won't have the money to go anywhere. Plus DBIL is getting married and DH is the best man which means lots of money is going to be spent on the bacherlor party, bridal shower, and wedding gift.

I'll join the party too. DS is going into 9th grade. I hate to think of all the work he'll have to make up. Plus spring sports are in their final weeks at that time. I hate to ruin it for him the following year by missing a week of practice and a game or two.

I suggested to my DH that the two of us just go on the cruise, but he said that he doesn't want to go without the kids, since we have such great family memories from our previous cruises. I'm still working on him!

Lisa

Although we are not going I'd much rather be on the happy bus :goodvibes
So I'll live vicariously through the Podcruisers posts as they plan towards this event :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter