• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone know why it's so busy right now?

We are staying at Riverside right now, arrived yesterday. The Studios were crowded yesterday, easily the 7 TP listed them for. Afternoon Frozen SingAlong & Beauty & the Beast shows were full & closed for capacity.

The food court this morning was packed, almost every table full for the 30 minutes or so we were there.

Licked a pole...? Did he see some gum he just had to have?

Nope, just a gross 2 year old!

The beginning of September is the last slow period that I'm aware of

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I just checked wait times, I can't even. It's a Tuesday at noon, in January. Bless you all who are there, it looks busier than 2 weeks ago.

I’m wondering if I go the week before schools get spring break 19-23 will it be safe?

Not a chance. We booked a last minute trip that week. Almost every single flight Wanna Get Away fare on Southwest in and out of Dallas to Orlando during those dates were sold out. In all of my Disney trips, I've never seen that before.

Not a chance. We booked a last minute trip that week. Almost every single flight Wanna Get Away fare on Southwest in and out of Dallas to Orlando during those dates were sold out. In all of my Disney trips, I've never seen that before.

We are in the northern part of the Midwest and the 3rd week of March is our spring break as well.

We are in AK today. I don’t know what crowd levels were expected to be but it definitely feels crowded. The walkways are packed everywhere we go, even Dinoland . Everest is down, which messed our fastpass plan up- but we hope to be able to catch it later. On the plus side, the weather is great! This is the first time we have come this time of year, and so far I love it! It’s so nice to not be sweating while navigating the crowds!

We rope dropped MK this morning. Walked onto Buzz no problem, off by 9:08. Headed straight to space mountain which had a posted wait time of 30 minutes, we waited 55 minutes :/

We are in AK today. I don’t know what crowd levels were expected to be but it definitely feels crowded. The walkways are packed everywhere we go, even Dinoland . Everest is down, which messed our fastpass plan up- but we hope to be able to catch it later. On the plus side, the weather is great! This is the first time we have come this time of year, and so far I love it! It’s so nice to not be sweating while navigating the crowds!
AL is crazy today. I’d say 8

MK today.....busy. High wait times.
We skipped a lot.
January has always been our favorite month to gu

We had BOG PPO this morning (8:05). We walked out around 8:45 and got in line for Peter Pan. The SDMT line was already quite long. The SDMT line was allowed to enter their queue at 8:50 but we weren’t allowed to enter the Peter Pan queue until 9 am exactly. We were off by 9:08 and got to BTMRR and rode standby in less than 10 min. When we got off, Jungle Cruise was already a 35 min wait, PoTC was down as was Winnie the Pooh. We used our FP for SDMT and Haunted Mansion but our third FP was for Space which was down. We got an email saying we can go to Space anytime between 11:55-8 ppm tonight. Since we are going back for DAH tonight, that worked for us! We hopped over to Epcot and got lunch in the countries. Parks are busy but we are making it work!

Everything looks busy today except maybe HS. We are getting stuff done in AK but it’s packed to the gills for sure.

That’s strange. I was watching wait times today and they seemed fairly normal to me. But normal is 4-7 for us. Since I’m not in the parks I can’t see walkways and such but I would have guessed it was a reasonable day (probably a little higher than predicted since predictions were low).

We had BOG PPO this morning (8:05). We walked out around 8:45 and got in line for Peter Pan. The SDMT line was already quite long. The SDMT line was allowed to enter their queue at 8:50 but we weren’t allowed to enter the Peter Pan queue until 9 am exactly. We were off by 9:08 and got to BTMRR and rode standby in less than 10 min. When we got off, Jungle Cruise was already a 35 min wait, PoTC was down as was Winnie the Pooh. We used our FP for SDMT and Haunted Mansion but our third FP was for Space which was down. We got an email saying we can go to Space anytime between 11:55-8 ppm tonight. Since we are going back for DAH tonight, that worked for us! We hopped over to Epcot and got lunch in the countries. Parks are busy but we are making it work!

That's the right attitude. Regardless of crowd size, learn to go with the flow and have fun anyway. No use yearning for days past of half empty parks and slower times where Ride X only had a standby time of 5 minutes all day long. More and more people are visiting the parks throughout the year now instead of certain timeframes, so to hope for lesser crowds is futile. If it happens, awesome! If not, just realize that if the dates you are there was a good time to visit, why wouldn't thousands of other people think the same way?

Everything looks busy today except maybe HS. We are getting stuff done in AK but it’s packed to the gills for sure.

Hey... we were at the same park today! Definitely felt like a 8/10, but I also got a lot done with multiple rides on the headliners.

Wow, first experience with the chanting South American tour groups. How annoying! Luckily only had to share a ride with them on EE, but we were in opposite directions or just missed them on some rides. It definitely seems like international visitors from South America outweigh Americans which why I think a normal 5-6 day is now a 7-8.

One thing I miss though is the Animal Kingdom 5 pm closings. It was fun getting multiple rides on Dinosaur and EE at the last hour as the park was usually dead by then. Oh well, those good Ole days are gone.

Awe shucks I guess I’ll be spending spring break at Disney with some good people then!

Hey... we were at the same park today! Definitely felt like a 8/10, but I also got a lot done with multiple rides on the headliners.

Wow, first experience with the chanting South American tour groups. How annoying! Luckily only had to share a ride with them on EE, but we were in opposite directions or just missed them on some rides. It definitely seems like international visitors from South America outweigh Americans which why I think a normal 5-6 day is now a 7-8.

One thing I miss though is the Animal Kingdom 5 pm closings. It was fun getting multiple rides on Dinosaur and EE at the last hour as the park was usually dead by then. Oh well, those good Ole days are gone.
We saw two big tour groups but didn’t hear chanting. They were not a problem at all for us. The girls in the the pink sweatshirts got in the FP line for the safari when we were in standby. Only delayed us by 5 to 10 minutes though.

For those worried about your trips, it really hasn’t been horrible. With a good plan and FPs, it’s been perfectly enjoyable. And this is coming from someone who hates crowds and has only visited when crowd levels were 2-4 before. The only part that has been bad was walking around in AK today. Super crowded. We don’t wait in lines longer than 20 minutes or so either. Today we rode Everest 3 times, Primeval Whirl twice, Navi, FoP, and Dinosaur once. Saw Lion King, Nemo, and Rivers of Light. Ate at Tusker House and Satuli Canteen, and dug in the boneyard.

For those worried about your trips, it really hasn’t been horrible. With a good plan and FPs, it’s been perfectly enjoyable. And this is coming from someone who hates crowds and has only visited when crowd levels were 2-4 before. The only part that has been bad was walking around in AK today. Super crowded. We don’t wait in lines longer than 20 minutes or so either. Today we rode Everest 3 times, Primeval Whirl twice, Navi, FoP, and Dinosaur once. Saw Lion King, Nemo, and Rivers of Light. Ate at Tusker House and Satuli Canteen, and dug in the boneyard.

DANG! You got a lot more done than my family did in a day!

I think it sounds like you did a lot. What time did you do Navi and what time did you eat at th?

And I thought it didn’t sound like as much when I wrote it all out lol. We also hunted down a hoody for my husband. It was cool today.

Our first day at AK which was all planned out, Tusker breakfast, Safari, walked the Gorilla trails, Everest twice, lunch at Restaurantasourpuss (ugh don't get me started) Whirl, Tricera, Dino, played a game, met Mickey and Minnie, and FoP. I did not get to see any night time shows except HEA. I loathe waiting for shows, so I will try hearder for RoL dining next time. I hate that it doesn't open up until later, but maybe it will be different for Sept.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter