Anyone know why it's so busy right now?

A friend was at Epcot today, she said a lot of Brazilian Tour Groups, 75 to 100 people in each. They ended up leaving early to go to the airport.

Friend just texted me a photo of the people mover line and, welp, its terrifying. "There is no more slow season" was his message.

We waited in line for PeopleMover each of the 6 times we rode it over MLK weekend. Not a big deal. Still had an amazing time.

A friend was at Epcot today, she said a lot of Brazilian Tour Groups, 75 to 100 people in each. They ended up leaving early to go to the airport.

It's the middle of Summer in Brazil right now so they are probably loving the relatively cool Florida temps.

We waited in line for PeopleMover each of the 6 times we rode it over MLK weekend. Not a big deal. Still had an amazing time.
Didn't say it was a big deal, just saying he's reporting it's crazy crowded. Spaceship earth hit an hour wait at one point, and even though sometimes it bottlenecks, i rarely see it that high. that said, im still going thursday and im still going to have a good time regardless. just shocked as ive been in jan 2017 and jan 2016 and didnt see lines for either of those rides.

I am going Feb 1-4.
Impossible to get FP to either Frozen (Epcot) or Avatar FOP (Animal King). I have been checking every day at least 5x a day. Completely sold out.

Frozen FP is available 30 days out - even then, only at 5PM+.

Crazy packed this month/Feb, when historically, this is the slowest time of the year.

Going to insert a little positivity here for those with a trip coming up.
We were there the first week of Feb. 2017 and had some very light crowds that week. Other then FEA and 7DMT there was hardly anything with a significant standby line on these three days.

Wed. Feb 1st - MK - Very light crowd (almost went on every ride in the park with time to spare)
Thurs. Feb 2nd - AK - Very light (I know things have changed this year)
Fri. Feb 3rd - Epcot - Very Light

Take Heart! You can still get lucky!

Yep this is my mindset now. We are returning Labor Day week and even though everyone says it's a "slow" time I am expecting huge crowds.
We use to go Labor day week every year and crowds were not bad. Last time we went was 2010 and it was busy.
I remember going to PM extra magic hours(called something else back then) several years ago and rides became walk on about 15 minutes after it started. Loved those nights! We went to EMH in 2010 after taking a few years off from Disney and nothing was walk on. I was disappointed.

Didn't say it was a big deal, just saying he's reporting it's crazy crowded. Spaceship earth hit an hour wait at one point, and even though sometimes it bottlenecks, i rarely see it that high. that said, im still going thursday and im still going to have a good time regardless. just shocked as ive been in jan 2017 and jan 2016 and didnt see lines for either of those rides.
That's odd wonder why it is so crowded :crazy2:

That's odd wonder why it is so crowded :crazy2:
someone mentioned to us it being pro bowl week, but we went pro bowl week last year and didnt see any crowd issues until the actual weekend. so no clue. Guess everyone found out about January being a good month to go! :earboy2:

someone mentioned to us it being pro bowl week, but we went pro bowl week last year and didnt see any crowd issues until the actual weekend. so no clue. Guess everyone found out about January being a good month to go! :earboy2:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. :scared::rolleyes1

Another report from the parks. Spent the day at Hollywood Studios today and while it was definitely not the 3/10 that we were expecting (more like 5/10), we were still able to catch all the rides and shows, did TSMM twice (first at rope drop and then with FP+) and got an excellent view of the Star Wars fireworks. Not to mention that we didn't struggle for a table when we stopped for lunch.

I can definitely deal with this crowd level and having the cooler weather makes it much more manageable.

Another report from the parks. Spent the day at Hollywood Studios today and while it was definitely not the 3/10 that we were expecting (more like 5/10), we were still able to catch all the rides and shows, did TSMM twice (first at rope drop and then with FP+) and got an excellent view of the Star Wars fireworks. Not to mention that we didn't struggle for a table when we stopped for lunch.

I can definitely deal with this crowd level and having the cooler weather makes it much more manageable.
Unfortunately, losing a track at TSMM, is going to increase wait times in that park for sure. Glad you had a good time anyway!

We were there today too, but I was expecting 6/10 from Touring Plans. I’d say that was pretty spot on. We did Tower of Terror three times (despite it doing down several times and running slow due to mechanical issues all day), TSMM once on FP+ and RR once on standby. Got great seats for Star Wars fireworks as well. I agree the low temps have made the crowds much more bearable.

Pretty great day all around.

Well, looks like the predictions were closer today than they were over the weekend. It was only 2 crowd levels higher in each park than predicted, except for AK, which was 3 levels higher. Better than being 4 or 5 off!

Going to insert a little positivity here for those with a trip coming up.
We were there the first week of Feb. 2017 and had some very light crowds that week. Other then FEA and 7DMT there was hardly anything with a significant standby line on these three days.

Wed. Feb 1st - MK - Very light crowd (almost went on every ride in the park with time to spare)
Thurs. Feb 2nd - AK - Very light (I know things have changed this year)
Fri. Feb 3rd - Epcot - Very Light

Take Heart! You can still get lucky!
Do you have the crowd levels for Feb 1-3 for this year? Friday looks like rain so Im thinking of changing all my plans.

Hopefully by the time you get there crowds will calmed down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter