Anyone jumping ship for 2018? What, where and how much?

We are currently very undecided, but here is a very undetailed price break down with 3 adults in an inside stateroom. The cost is per day for each person in the room.

DCL after discounts

Fantasy = 170$

Wonder = 130$

RCCL and NCL 80-110$

We eventually want to do the 6-Pack so we may just do this trip to get another OBB.

I usually go on a least one cruise a year (sometimes two) but I haven't booked anything for 2018 yet. I'll probably wait until I'm onboard the ship to book or wait for the remaining 2018 itinerary to be released.

I booked the 4 day out of Galveston 1st week of January, but seriously considering the Carnival Vista out of Miami, 6 days, more ports, basically the same price. I am trying to figure out if the extras we would buy on the Carnival would add up to even it out, also considering airfare is more to Miami.

A few people in our wbpc group this coming April are tempted by 2018's visits to CC and Costa Rica, but I don't think anyone has officially bailed yet.

i can't afford Easter week on 2018. Cost would be about $1300-$1400 per night for 2A/2C.
so i think we will skip a year. in 2019 we have spring break 2 weeks prior to easter so it should be a little more tolerable.
toying with RCCL but i just stress out about our 13 year running around a new ship. i just love the comfort zone we have with Disney.
So we may just do a trip to BVI and rent a house for a week.

Yep. Jumped ship from Oasis of the Seas to Disney Fantasy for our May 2018 Eastern. :D Liked the ports better (Tortola vs. St. Maarten), and DW prefers the two sea days at the front of the cruise instead of at the end. CC vs. Nassau also was a big factor.

Yep. Jumped ship from Oasis of the Seas to Disney Fantasy for our May 2018 Eastern. :D Liked the ports better (Tortola vs. St. Maarten), and DW prefers the two sea days at the front of the cruise instead of at the end. CC vs. Nassau also was a big factor.
lol I think OP meant jumping ship from Disney to another line ;)
But just curious was Fantasy a lot more? Or similar cost to Oasis?

It's kind of hard to compare prices....I started thinking it over, with OB stateroom credits, plus Disney Visa cash..... would it all might be very close in price to other choices.

I booked the 4 day out of Galveston 1st week of January, but seriously considering the Carnival Vista out of Miami, 6 days, more ports, basically the same price. I am trying to figure out if the extras we would buy on the Carnival would add up to even it out, also considering airfare is more to Miami.
It might even out, but your getting more days better ship. All the extras are optional so you have to decide if you want to spend money on the IMax and specialty restaraunts. The IMAX is pricey, but I like going to the movies at home so if its a movie I really want to see I dont consider it an upcharge.

We are finally gold and was really looking forward to booking a March Break cruise for 2018, but after a lot of thinking, I decided to let my booking go and consider other options. The opening day price went up 22.5% for the category and week I want compared to last year for 2017 and with the current exchange rate, I just can't justify repeating the same ports and for really much the same for a lot more money. After reading some reviews from those that have cruised DCL and other lines, it sounds like my kids would most likely enjoy the other cruise lines as well. I will continue to keep my eyes open for DCL cruising opportunities but definitely booking something with either RCCL or with this Carnival Vista which I have read so much good things about lately just so I know what else is out there! I will be following your thread to see others' feedback!

I'm not loyal to any cruise line, although I have been on twice as many RCI cruises as the other lines. I will have sailed on Princess, Celebrity, Holland America, and Royal Caribbean before the May 2018 DCL Panama Canal cruise. I wanted a longer cruise on the "re-imagined" Wonder, so I am hopping back to DCL. :teeth: However, given Disney's prices, I don't foresee another DCL cruise for awhile.

One of the reasons we jumped back is that the 2018 Eastern on Fantasy is $1000 less than the 2017 eastern on Fantasy sailing the same week (same Cat). Our last 3 Oasis cruises averaged ~$2800 each, and this one came in at a shade over $3500. It is actually a few hundred less than our March 2017 Oasis Eastern cruise. I will jump around for $700, but not for $1700.

We sail on Royal more than we sail Disney. Our OBB will expire in May 2018, and we really want to try Magic or Wonder (have already been on Dream and Fantasy). We sail in Jr. Suites on Royal, so our general guideline is that if the Royal cruise we want is a good bit cheaper than Disney, then we will do Royal even if it means letting the OBB expire. In this case, it would be between Harmony and Magic/Wonder. Harmony was at least several hundred dollars more (again, for a Jr. Suite), so Wonder it is! :)

One of the reasons we jumped back is that the 2018 Eastern on Fantasy is $1000 less than the 2017 eastern on Fantasy sailing the same week (same Cat). Our last 3 Oasis cruises averaged ~$2800 each, and this one came in at a shade over $3500. It is actually a few hundred less than our March 2017 Oasis Eastern cruise. I will jump around for $700, but not for $1700.

Our March 2017 sailing is $800 less than the same 2018 one. I guess it just depends on the date and the cat. I do know that with Easter at the end of March, prices in the latter sailings have definitely skyrocketed.

Our March 2017 sailing is $800 less than the same 2018 one. I guess it just depends on the date and the cat. I do know that with Easter at the end of March, prices in the latter sailings have definitely skyrocketed.

it looks like the popular weeks (so winter/spring breaks, etc.) the prices went up a lot but with Easter moving around some specific weeks went down because they were a holiday week last year but not this year

We are jumping to RCL. We are Platinum on DCL with 16 cruises mostly Concierge Suites. We are going to try Oasis of the Seas Western Caribbean in April 2018 in a Crown Loft Suite which is equivalent sq ft to a 1BR on the Fantasy. We are paying $5200 for 2 of us for 7 days on Oasis compared to a 1BR on the Fantasy for $11745 for the same week. That is a difference of $6545, and that is crazy!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter