Anyone jumping ship for 2018? What, where and how much?

We really want to do a 7 night western caribbean next October. For 4 of us on Disney in a deck 8 veranda its $5600. On RCL the same exact cruise in balcony room is only $3100. My husband is all for trying RCL at least once but honestly, (no joking) I think I'd be really sad if I saw a DCL pull up next to us in port! I'm also worried that I'd spend the whole cruise comparing it to our previous Disney cruises. I cant imagine any other cruise line treating guests as wonderful as DCL does! :sad2:
The good news is you won't have that opportunity. RCL uses different piers in Cozumel, doesn't stop in Grand Cayman, and does its own private island (actually a peninsula) In Haiti. The only port where there is a remote possibility is Falmouth, Jamaica, and since that port only supports two ships, and RCL always ports there with either another RCL ship or a Celebrity ship, it probably won't happen there either..

Love2Cruz, I found your review on CC. It looks like a great trip. I'm going to use that to convince dh that MSC is not some cheapo cruise line. I'm glad to see you liked TAP as well. It came up on my airline search and I'd never heard of it.

You will find MSC's ships to be very glamorous...but not in a gaudy way...very elegant, sometimes understated. Entertainment is top notch too and I personally loved their food....the Dining room portions are small, but they also offer 6 or 7 courses...and if you're still hungry after that, you can go to the buffet and snack. One thing is for sure though, they have the BEST pizza at sea. And Cappucino. Go with their Fantastica level cabins and you get a drink coupon booklet for 12 drinks per person.

I'm flying TAP again in March...they have great prices too and beat out most competitors. The key is to book EARLY.

The good news is you won't have that opportunity. RCL uses different piers in Cozumel, doesn't stop in Grand Cayman, and does its own private island (actually a peninsula) In Haiti. The only port where there is a remote possibility is Falmouth, Jamaica, and since that port only supports two ships, and RCL always ports there with either another RCL ship or a Celebrity ship, it probably won't happen there either..
Thanks! On our 4nite night cruise week before last, one of the RCL ships pulled up next to us in Nassau. I think it must have been one of their older ships because it was much smaller that the Dream. We weren't aware they had their own private island too. Thanks for the info!

Thanks! On our 4nite night cruise week before last, one of the RCL ships pulled up next to us in Nassau. I think it must have been one of their older ships because it was much smaller that the Dream. We weren't aware they had their own private island too. Thanks for the info!
They actually have two. Labadee is in Haiti, and Coco Cay is about 40 miles from Castaway Cay. We used to sail those small RCL ships on 3-4 night Bahamas cruises until we discovered that DCL is actually lower price for comparable cabins on the same cruises :) Our Dream cruise last month (Cat 7) was about $300 less than a balcony cabin on RCL's Majesty :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter