Anyone in December getting FP+ and MB

subbing too, we are split stay FW 11/28-12/1, VWL 12/1-12/3, SSR 12/3-12/5.

This is a mess for me :)

I'm not expert- but what i understand is:

you should have MB's and FP+s as you are checking in on 11/28.

They''ll probably try to give you 2 more sets for your 12/1 and 12/3 check in when december gets released. But you should have one for your 11/28 check in now.

Once you have one (which you should for FW) it will let you make 14 days of FP+ assuming you have tickets linked to your account.

I agree 100%. I just felt your statement "All December guests, as of now, should receive magic bands for their stay. It's just a matter of when." needed the clarification that no official word has been communicated. Anyone not up on the latest might assume your statement implied there was something official backing it.

As far as what leads me to believe testing would be cancelled? Nothing, I didn't say that. I said, given no official communication from Disney, that cancelling testing is possible but that it was very unlikely, unless, of course, it fully rolls out in December!

I agree with what you said 100%

the one thing i keep checking is this page:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/my-disney-experience/bands-cards/

it currently says
Later this year, a simple touch of your card or MagicBand will let you enter parks, unlock your hotel room door and more.

I figure it it wasn't going to continue throughout December they would change "later this year" to something else.

of course later down that page it says:

In the coming months, MagicBands will be offered to Walt Disney World passholders and Guests staying at select Walt Disney World Resorts. All other Guests will receive one of the new cards.

but i choose to focus on the top part- lol.

Am I reading correctly that no one arriving in December has been able to book FP+? I thought that it was supposed to be available 60 days out...

Am I reading correctly that no one arriving in December has been able to book FP+? I thought that it was supposed to be available 60 days out...
the thought is that the test ends 11/30. They have not opened anything beyond that.

the thought is that the test ends 11/30. They have not opened anything beyond that.
I wonder if they plan to change the 60 days then? Those arriving in December sure aren't getting to play by the same rules!

I called last week trying to change my hotel choice. I know the phone CM's don't now everything and are sometimes very wrong, but the young woman I spoke with said there was not a decision for December fastpass and MB release until they get more information about the bigger roll out and its success. She did not have a decision date.

I wonder if they plan to change the 60 days then? Those arriving in December sure aren't getting to play by the same rules!
My thoughts exactly! When I read that someone coming in on Nov 30 can make fast passes for the same time period as those coming in Dec 1 who cannot.

We check in on 12/2 and no Magic Bands or FP+ yet. We can't even complete the early checkin yet. Keep getting errors every time I try.

Not everyone in the previous months got 60 days either. When it opened for November, I was past my 60 day mark. But, if you are following here, you will know when it opens, and you will be among the first to make selections.

Fwiw, I am also a december arrival. I am less than 60 days.. so I called about my magic bands and fastpass +. I am also an ap holder. I was told by 2 different people that december has not been released and wont be until mid november. They are still "testing" and don't know what december will bring. I know this is the script that is being said but fwiw to all of you that is what I have been told.. I am just as impatient as you all. I was however able to do online check in at 60 days. Hth.:flower3:

It wasn't rolled out all at once for November people. I waited in agony for it to open for the WL people while others with the same check in dates got in days beforehand. I keep seeing this comment about November but isn't the way it happened for us. :)

I really don't think that Dec will open for all dates and all resorts all at once. I think that it would be too big of a strain on the system and the CM's who get called to fix the problems that people have when their date opens. But I think it will eventually open for December and it will mostly be staggered like it was for November. Although I could be wrong. ;)

It wasn't rolled out all at once for November people. I waited in agony for it to open for the WL people while others with the same check in dates got in days beforehand. I keep seeing this comment about November but isn't the way it happened for us. :)

I really don't think that Dec will open for all dates and all resorts all at once. I think that it would be too big of a strain on the system and the CM's who get called to fix the problems that people have when their date opens. But I think it will eventually open for December and it will mostly be staggered like it was for November. Although I could be wrong. ;)

Then I stand corrected. :) On the November thread it seemed like everyone was able to have the option all at once.

It wasn't rolled out all at once for November people. I waited in agony for it to open for the WL people while others with the same check in dates got in days beforehand. I keep seeing this comment about November but isn't the way it happened for us. :) I really don't think that Dec will open for all dates and all resorts all at once. I think that it would be too big of a strain on the system and the CM's who get called to fix the problems that people have when their date opens. But I think it will eventually open for December and it will mostly be staggered like it was for November. Although I could be wrong. ;)

Since all resorts are supposed to be included in the test within a few weeks, there is still a good chance December will open all at once. I think the difference in the past was not all resorts were participating.

I have heard rumors (absolutely, 100% NOT official) that FP+ may be suspended during the end of December due to enormous crowds. Going "live" during the slower months of January and Feb seems to make much more sense to me. The fact that technical support is pretty slammed right now with minor fixes to the system may suggest the same.

Bummer. It does make sense though - and I'd rather not deal with a broken system.

This is our second trip. First was nearly 3 years ago, our son was then 4. Now he will be 7 and we have a 2.5 year old daughter. I have the bare bones stuff in place (hotel, ADRs), but I haven't thought about any of the details until now.

Our son also has type 1 diabetes (he didn't the first time around), so that will be a new experience for us too. I need to look for a related thread.

So excited for December to come!

I have heard rumors (absolutely, 100% NOT official) that FP+ may be suspended during the end of December due to enormous crowds. Going "live" during the slower months of January and Feb seems to make much more sense to me. The fact that technical support is pretty slammed right now with minor fixes to the system may suggest the same.

Since all resorts are supposed to be included in the test within a few weeks, there is still a good chance December will open all at once. I think the difference in the past was not all resorts were participating.

Who knows what Disney has in mind. :crazy2: But it is fun to speculate. ;)

I think that the reason Disney would not open all of December all at once is because of the nightmare of having 100,000 check in's all trying to order MB's at the same time. :scared1:

What they did for November was to open the earliest check in dates first and then slowly open them all up until the whole month was included. It also seemed to go by resort, so that resorts that had already been part of the early testing, like POP and YC were able to customize bands days before people with the same check in dates at a resort that hadn't been part of the test yet. It seemed to me that the whole process from Nov 1st check ins to Nov 30th took about two weeks, but I could be wrong. People with Nov 1st dates might have had to wait until day 40 to customize MB's while people checking in Nov 30th were able to customize MB's at day 65.

ETA: When I went back to check it, they actually opened it up over a period of just a few days, not weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter