Anyone going Dec. 2010?

Piscesqueen

Disney Rookie
We have our first ever Disney World vacation planned for December 3-18, 2010 and are all very excited. We are flying from the Northwest and will be looking forward to the short break from cold & snow. :banana:

We've made a few plans and are looking forward to the experiences of Disney.:santa:

*We plan to go to MVMCP
*Enjoy FW amenities and activities
*10 Disney days park hopping
*1 night at Siesta Key (gotta see the white sand; I read that it's 99% quartz, so cool:cool2:).
*We are still debating if we want to do 1 day at either Universal Studios or Seaworld; maybe neither if Disney is too much fun.
*We decided that we did not want to do the Water Park and More add-on because we'll be so consumed with the parks that we probably won't even care to enter the Water parks and I'm scared of losing my kids in Disney Quest:laughing:.
*We want to do the Pirate League for our whole familypirate:.
*And much, much more:yay:.

I would love to hear from others that will be there during this time.

Can you share some of your plans, experiences, favorites, etc.?

Thank you all ahead of time!:thanks:

We will be there from November 29th - December 7th 2010!! So we might see you! Are you camping or cabin? We are going to try out a cabin for the first time. We have only been to WDW twice before this. The first time we stayed off site. The second time at All-Stars Movies. So this time we got lucky with a Pin so decided to try the Cabins! Our kids will be 6 and 4 so we like the bunkbeds like they have at home and a room we can put them in. That way we don't have to go to bed right when they do and we can feel more like it is a home and not a weird hotel room. We also will be traveling with my new service dog, Becker, who is really big! So we thought te added space for him to stretch out would be nice. Seriously! He is 85lbs and over 2ft tall at the shoulders. LOL!

We will have a 9 day park hopper, the deluxe dining plan, and are thinking about seeing what new renovations have been done to Typhoon Lagoon since we still have our free passes from last time we were there. (I got injured there last time). We are setting aside time to check out the Fort, and do the Sing-a-Long while there. We are going to rent a cart, so if you have a cart too, we are trying to figure out of there is a special sign we can put on it so we can see who the other DIS'ers are.

We would love to meet up with others there! That would be really fun. We are also hoping to do the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue. We have never done that one before so thought it would be worth a try. We are also hoping to do the MVMCP, but not sure yet. We will have to see what the funds look like first. If nothing else it would be a great way to hit a bunch of rides in a short period of time, from what I have heard.

What is the Pirate League? I haven't heard about that one yet.

We will also be there again in Dec.(went last month for the first time) and loved everything about DW,not the rain though,:lmao:,we stayed in tents at the Fort and even though we loved the Fort I got a pin so we are trying POP this time(I know we are traders to leave the Fort):rotfl:but hey I don't want to be wet and cold all 10 days we are there again...:laughing:We also will be having my mother and her friend with us,we are a total group of 7 and counting and both of the ladies are diabetic so the need to have a fridge for their insulin.We will be coming back to the Fort probably the following year but in Oct. when the weather is nicer.I will be booking our trip for Dec.2 thru Dec.13th in a few weeks and I can't wait.I can honestly say that the Fort is the most awesome place to stay and there is nothing like it in the whole world, you will have a blast!!!!:love:

We will be "Fly-Camping" for the first time and are really looking forward to it:goodvibes!! We will be using a tent and bringing all of our gear with us. We are using the dining plan and so we don't plan on cooking at the site, so that should make it a little easier.

I am worried about the cold weather but we have family nearby that says we can stay with them if it gets too cold and wet for the kiddies. We are used to the colder weather so we should be just fine but you never really know with kids. We plan to still use the site for day use even if the kids can't handle it at night so that we are getting our money's worth and to get the FW experience.:hippie:

I'm so excited about this trip that I can hardly contain myself. My hubby and kids are getting tired of hearing about Disney....yes, I talk about it that much that even my kids are getting tired of it:rotfl2:.

Nicole&Becker, did you see on the other thread about FW signs? The bright green Mickey head is a really good and noticeable idea. I'm going to try and make one and if I can't I think I'll ask another DISer to make one for me:confused3.

Hopefully we will be able to meet while there since we'll be there the whole time you are. I am looking forward to meeting some others while visiting there so that I can put faces with the names:surfweb:.

I'm hoping others will join this thread so that we can get to know each other before the trip and make it all the more fun when we finally (hopefully) meet in 10 months.:dance3:

Oh, the Pirate League is kind of like BBB but with Pirates instead of Princesses. We have 2 boys and 2 girls and neither of our girls are extremely girly and so they want to become Empresses instead of Princesses. My husband and I are still debating if we want to get dressed up too. To save money we are going to buy Pirate costumes when Halloween stuff goes on sale and bring them with us to the Pirate League; otherwise Disney charges $125 for make-up and costume:scared1:. I'd rather pay the $50 for makeover and bring our own costumepirate:. Much cheaper, and last year the Pirate League went on sale for 50% off during the beginning of December; so we can hope for a sale this year.

On a planning note, we are family of 5 and have had toddlers/baby with us the last two times we went. The first trip 9-days we parked everyday except for one and were B.A.Tired at the end. Our next trip halloween 12 days, we had a few more "off" days, hanging at the fort, fishing, looping, maybe going to gatorland. BTW- buy your own hotdogs before you go.

When we attend a special event like MMNSHP or this years MMSCP, I will try to plan a late night the night before, let everybody sleep in the day of, then head to the park around 2:30 or 3 after every get's up from naps/snack. The following day, I don't plan any early activites such as character breakfastes or early magic hours.

If you don't have an budgeting / activity excell planning sheet, there are number floating out there. It is a wise idea, thus planning out dinning reservations, extra magic hours, must see itmes, secondary items, planned off days .

Where do I find the spreadsheet? We've never had planned days off but are considering this year. We will be there 12/4-12/11.

We're already booked for Dec 11-Jan 2. We hope the weather is better than it was this Christmas, but the weather this past fall was not too good either. Maybe Disney should do something about that. :wizard: They are all-powerful, aren't they? :thumbsup2

We will be there in December also. Make sure you tour the campgrounds to enjoy the decorations. They are unbelievable. The movie and campfire is always fun and you can see the fireworks from the beach. Try not to schedule yourself too much. Your are going at a perfect time because it's not as crowded. We were there at that time frame last year and we didn't have much of a wait for most of the rides. I talke about Disney World constantly also. As you can see, our renovated motorhome is very Disney. The inside is also renovated in Disney style. As soon as I figure out how to post pictures, I will.
Hopefully, we will meet when we are at The Fort. We travel with our dogs and usually stay in the 1700 loop.:mickeyjum:donald:

we will be there 11/24 - 12/4 - 3rd trip but first time for holiday celebrations, and DH is already planning our Xmas deccies. Sad but true!! We will be travelling with 4 children aged between 6 months (due May) and 9. We do the dining plan, the convenience is so worth it for us, and it makes a nice break for me too :) Where else can you eat at such places and have your (well-behaved) children welcomed??!

We'll be there again this year. It's the best time of year for us. :thumbsup2We love the weather and the Christmas decorations. Now that my children are grown, we all love this new tradition of spending Christmas at Disney! :santa:

We're planning to be their between Dec 23 and Jan 15. We are in the reservatons circle. Confirmed reses for full Hook Up for Dec 26 to Jan 15, preferred for Dec 25 and still working on Dec 24.

I did finally see that other thread. I will try to get one printed out and laminated before we go! I might put one on our stroller too. That way people might notice us while we are out.

I have a feeling that if we do something extra, MVMCP is about all we will be able to afford. We are splurging a little already by getting a cabin just for the four of us. I almost wish we could find a couple to book with us so we could save some money, but oh well. We will just have to be careful.

We already have our airfare...Yes I am really excited about that! lol We are working on planning out our days based on what info we have so far, but that will likely change up a bit as the calendar for the end of the year comes out for everything. I can't wait to book our ADR's and shows!

We are trying to keep the WDW talk to a minimum around the kids because we are hoping to surprise them. My boys are 3 and 5, but will each be a year older by the time our trip rolls around.

I just had weight loss surgery, so I am really looking forward to fitting into rides much easier than our last trip in '08. It will be a little odd to have to take most of my food away with us to eat later, or make my hubby eat the rest. I will have to pack a few canisters of my protein mixes, and bring Splenda packets with me too I am sure. So it will be hard trying to figure out how to pack everything. Then there is all the gear for my service dog too. Then all the stuff for the kids, and hubby....*sigh* It will probably take me quite a while to figure out how to get everything into 4 suitcases and 4 backpacks and one small duffel. So we will see how that goes. Hopefully we won't have to bring my dog's crate with us. I think he should be ok without it though. It is really big! I think I will scrap that one! Too much hassle.

Anyway, we are really looking forward to going and really hope we can get a little extra money together to do some extra things.

Hugs!!

We'll be there December 17th - December 26th. This will be our first time staying in a cabin. :cool1:

When we attend a special event like MMNSHP or this years MMSCP, I will try to plan a late night the night before, let everybody sleep in the day of, then head to the park around 2:30 or 3 after every get's up from naps/snack. The following day, I don't plan any early activites such as character breakfastes or early magic hours.

Worth knowing is if you have a ticket for an evning event such as MVMCP etc, that you can get into MK from 4pm onwards on that ticket alone even if the event doesn't start until 7pm. This way you can stretch your $$ by having a quiet non-park day until then, you don't need a regular Park Ticket to get it - no point in paying twice :goodvibes

We will have 10 nights booked but 5 day park passes plus we will get MVMCP tickets too once they go on sale in the Spring. Down days are essential to us, inf fact DH complains he doesn't get to spend enough time at FW without all the other stuff going on! :dance3:

2010 will be our 2nd Christmas trip and we can't wait. Our trip will be December 20-28...and we wish we could stay for weeks. It's the best of the best for us. All the decorations, wishes of Merry Christmas from fellow campers, Christmas music playing everywhere, it's just wonderful. The Candlelight Processional at EPCOT made our Christmas Eve very special.

We've already started looking for new Christmas decorations for our site. We learned in 2008, you can never have too many decorations.

You will have a wonderful time.

We wanted to book the last week of December, but seems the Fort is "slammed" for the entire month. I give them a call about once a week to see if anything opens up....

I'll be there again, December 3 - 17. A couple days shorter than normal, but checking out before Holiday rates start on the 18th.

We wanted to book the last week of December, but seems the Fort is "slammed" for the entire month. I give them a call about once a week to see if anything opens up....

Woo Hoo! :banana: Called last night and managed to get the 26th and 27th... Now just have to piece the remainder of the week together.... I'm up for the challenge. :thumbsup2

We hope to be there - at least for the D23 event. Haven't made ressies yet but should be no problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter