Anyone getting insane amounts of pop ups?

• CaliforniaGirl09

DIS Veteran
    This site is 100% unusable for me on mobile as of the last couple of days. As soon as I go to the web site on my iphone, I get a "congratulations" type pop up. It used to be occasional to sometimes frequent (before the board upgrade), then it stopped for awhile, now it's back with a vengeance.
    This is exactly me on my iPhone and iPad. Only this site. I really wish someone from DIS would respond as well. :(

• DIS_MIKE

DCL Commodore
    I was wondering about that. Even if there's just a "we're aware of the problem and we're working on it" would be nice.

It's nice to know complaints have been heard.

Even if the answer is "that's just the way it is". At least we'd know.
    Agreed. It's time to address this.

disneysteve

DIS meet junkie
    Okay, now things are really getting out of hand. I can no longer use the site on mobile but now I've started having issues on my desktop AND I HAVE an ad blocker on there. I was just in the middle of reading a thread, not clicking on anything. Not even touching the computer. And it suddenly redirected me to some other site. It happened before but I thought I may have accidentally clicked on something. I'm positive I didn't this time.

DIS team, you need to fix this or this site is going to die quickly.

Grasshopper2016

Earning My Ears
    Happening to me, too. Not just on Safari on my phone, but also on Firefox on my laptop. No other site but this one, ever. And the redirects are getting more and more malicious. Forcing me to close out of the browser.

Is there anyone from the DIS who monitors this forum??

• DIS_MIKE

DCL Commodore
    And here I am without ever having experienced the pop-up issue. No matter how hard I try!

But in all seriousness, be grateful you haven't been getting any. Just take a look at just how many have been getting them. It's been a mess.

A mod posted this earlier this evening:
    Corey has posted that he was blocking ads that have been reported. He posted in a thread where the ad was posted in full view.

After Corey posted so that the OP knew the ad was taken care of, the thread was deleted due to the ad Content.

SO it looks like they are beginning to get a handle on things. I did not receive any pop ups today.

chartle

DIS Veteran
    Has it been suggested in this thread to run a Malware scanner like Malwarebytes. I have never gotten pop ups at all on my work or home computers. Also check your browser for extensions like alternative search bars and stupid stuff like coupon finders or some such nonsense.

Apps on your phone can also create pop ups and redirects. I installed something once on my phone and it was horrible.

disneysteve

DIS meet junkie
    Has it been suggested in this thread to run a Malware scanner like Malwarebytes. I have never gotten pop ups at all on my work or home computers. Also check your browser for extensions like alternative search bars and stupid stuff like coupon finders or some such nonsense.

Apps on your phone can also create pop ups and redirects. I installed something once on my phone and it was horrible.
    Wouldn't that likely affect other websites? Could there be malware that ONLY affects the DIS? That seems odd.

bcla

On our rugged Eastern foothills.....
    Recently I've been getting browser takeovers - probably tied to some of the random ads on DIS. One placed a bunch of pop-ups, but another was a "Microsoft support" scam.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News