Anyone getting insane amounts of pop ups?

These are becoming overwhelming now!!!! Took me 3 times just to type this!!! I can’t touch anything anymore without these popping up!

Boards are completely useless to use with the stupid winner pop ups. I’m lucky I even got to post this. I belong to a forum that uses paid contributions to have zero adds. Well worth it!

The people in charge just keep saying it's Google's issue and it's been reported.. but no other website I use with Google does this. This si them trying to stick in so many ad spots that the server they use can't comb them all for spam.

Just got an ad that removed my mobile keyboard and made me click the ad x3 .. that's not Google.

What I was trying to say before I got ad jacked.. if the dis would realize removing so many ads would actually make them more money due to people not using adblockers. When folks use ad blockers they don't get as much revenue so they try to add more for folks who don't. I would love to support the site with ads. But they need to tone them down.

I’m having an awful time with it lately. And the DIS is the only site I ever have this happen. I have a newer IPad and the pop up blocker is turned on in Safari.

For the last 2 weeks whenever I am on the DIS from my iPhone after a few minutes I get one of those pop-ups about "being the lucky winner". Sometimes it's" Dear Apple User" and sometime "Dear iPhone user". It won't let me back out without clicking their "ok" button so I just go back to goggle from the url bar. Then I clear my history and shut down my phone. It's been happening every time I go into DIS from my phone. And then I might try the DIS again and get the pop-up again. My grandson tried it using his iphone yesterday and the same thing happened to him. I have my pop-up blocker on yet these things keep getting by. It doesn't happen on any other sites, just the DIS. If I have time this weekend I'll try to run by the Apple store or Sprint to see if it's on their end but has anyone else experienced this?

BTW: If I collected all my "winnings" I'd have a VERY nice pot of $$ to take on my vacation.:rotfl2:

Same thing for me. Getting worse every day. The DIS is the only site I have this issue with. I sometimes just give up and go to another site. Too bad, the DIS is my favorite.

I would love to let the DIS get the ad revenue for hosting this site, but the popups were intolerable and there was no response from management, so now I’ve downloaded an ad blocker. Problem solved.
Is it an adblocker for an Android phone? I use adblocker on my desktop, and that works great. But have not found any for phone, where the popups are incredible.

Is it an adblocker for an Android phone? I use adblocker on my desktop, and that works great. But have not found any for phone, where the popups are incredible.
iOS, actually. But I’d have to imagine the Google Play store has plenty that will work with Chrome.

If you are using Chrome: Disable Java Scrip and you will see NO ADS and NO POP UPS. I disable it for just this site.

Not necessarily. It may help but the pop up issue is with google and has been reported to them.

If it is with Google, why is this the only site I have this happen on? And believe me, I am online off and on most of the day.

I just added Norton’s Ad Blocker. Maybe that will help.

Would think we won’t have this problem when the boards go through their change this weekend

Looking forward to that!

If it is with Google, why is this the only site I have this happen on? And believe me, I am online off and on most of the day.

I just added Norton’s Ad Blocker. Maybe that will help.
It’s with google ads not google the browser so that’s why you only see it here.

What change?
this is a message from Pete, it has been posted in all the forums and subforums

This weekend we're going to be upgrading our forum software to the latest version, Xenforo 2. The boards will be unavailable starting on Saturday at 3 pm eastern. We anticipate they will be back online Saturday night if there are no technical issues with the transfer. Once the forums are back online, the design team will be working on them, so they may not look like "our forums" right away. While we are upgrading the software, this new version does have some major differences - mainly that it is designed with a priority on mobile devices. There are also many new features with this version of Xenforo, including expanded emojii options, enhanced editing features and better integration with social media among them.

While we don't expect any major downtime, with any migration to a new platform, things can happen - so we ask for your patience and understanding as we undergo this enhancement.

Reactions: eva
this is a message from Pete, it has been posted in all the forums and subforums

This weekend we're going to be upgrading our forum software to the latest version, Xenforo 2. The boards will be unavailable starting on Saturday at 3 pm eastern. We anticipate they will be back online Saturday night if there are no technical issues with the transfer. Once the forums are back online, the design team will be working on them, so they may not look like "our forums" right away. While we are upgrading the software, this new version does have some major differences - mainly that it is designed with a priority on mobile devices. There are also many new features with this version of Xenforo, including expanded emojii options, enhanced editing features and better integration with social media among them.

While we don't expect any major downtime, with any migration to a new platform, things can happen - so we ask for your patience and understanding as we undergo this enhancement.

Yeah, I did see a message on the Galaxy's Edge subforum after I asked. Not sure why it isn't stickied or in some other way posted on the top of the site.

Hooray! I installed Norton’s Ad Blocker on my iPad this morning. Not a pop up all day! Thanks all for the advice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!