August 11, 2012 - Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy

While I don't mind checking in on FB I find I still have no idea who is going on our cruise. :confused3 Some of the kids are hooking up that is great but maybe we can tell each other where abouts you live , what you do for a living, etc.

As you can see we live in Canada, just east of Toronto. Having a mini heat wave this week. So it scares me how hot it really may get on the cruise.

I am a SAHM and my husband works at a nuclear plant. We have two kids Nicholas 15 and Hannah 12.

We are still in school right now. Nicholas starts exams tomorrow while poor Hannah has to go until June 28th. Then they don't go back until after Labour day.

This is our 7th Disney cruise. Love it because I don't have to do anything. And the kids are doing their thing. But we do love WDW too. Have been going since Hannah was 3 and Nicholas was 5. Definitley a Disney family for now. Nicholas and hubby are going to the darkside with Universal since Harry Potter opened up there. So our plans for after the cruise are in the air because they want to go there and Hannah and I want to go to WDW.

While I don't mind checking in on FB I find I still have no idea who is going on our cruise. :confused3 Some of the kids are hooking up that is great but maybe we can tell each other where abouts you live , what you do for a living, etc.

As you can see we live in Canada, just east of Toronto. Having a mini heat wave this week. So it scares me how hot it really may get on the cruise.

I am a SAHM and my husband works at a nuclear plant. We have two kids Nicholas 15 and Hannah 12.

We are still in school right now. Nicholas starts exams tomorrow while poor Hannah has to go until June 28th. Then they don't go back until after Labour day.

This is our 7th Disney cruise. Love it because I don't have to do anything. And the kids are doing their thing. But we do love WDW too. Have been going since Hannah was 3 and Nicholas was 5. Definitley a Disney family for now. Nicholas and hubby are going to the darkside with Universal since Harry Potter opened up there. So our plans for after the cruise are in the air because they want to go there and Hannah and I want to go to WDW.

Hi there! We live in CT. This will be our fifth Disney cruise. We are small business owners and have three sons. Griffin is 15, Ryan is 14 and Jason is 12. The older two will be in Vibe and my youngest in Edge. They are super excited! We are in the middle of the same heat wave as you I think! Griffin and Ryan finish up school today and Jason goes year round so he is really looking forward to the vacation in August! It's getting closer....

Hi there! We live in CT. This will be our fifth Disney cruise. We are small business owners and have three sons. Griffin is 15, Ryan is 14 and Jason is 12. The older two will be in Vibe and my youngest in Edge. They are super excited! We are in the middle of the same heat wave as you I think! Griffin and Ryan finish up school today and Jason goes year round so he is really looking forward to the vacation in August! It's getting closer....

We have a 26 ft trailer and have traveled a lot in the U.S. I remember CT. You have the lovely deep blue hydrenga there that we can't seem to grow here.

Usually go on our cruises in the winter but with one being in high school it makes it hard for him to miss school now. And he is not the type to catch up easily. He plays football in the fall and does track and field in the spring so that is enough school time missed with games and meets.

Have you been on the Dream or Fantasy before? We did the Dream in January and loved it, got some getting used too though after only being on the Magic the other 5 times. Dumb moment just say in your signature you been on the Magic too.

Both my kids came in the cabin after we were in for the night , The Vibe goes until 1:00 and some nights the Edge went until 12 midnight. They do this movie with Zombies and do face paint on the them and everything in the Vibe. It is a really cool space for the teens. We went in there the first day for the open house. Of course they did a lot of running outside the clubs to with friends.

Yes it is very HOT today....we have been having weird weather this year, even in the winter. Suppose to be below seasonal temps next week above record setting temps this week.

Just asked to join the FB group...we'll be joining you all soon (not soon enough)! We have a 12-yr. old, going into 7th grade son, coming with us. Sounds like there are a few "Edge-ers" in this group. Glad to hear! This is our second Disney cruise, the first one was in 2009...we are beyond excited to get back on board!

My kids and I will be going on the Fantasy from 8/11-8/18. We are really excited. First time for a cruise for us. We will be joined by grandparents and another family. I have a 13 year old daughter and a 9 year old son. My son will have his best friend with him but my daughter will be going to the teen club alone. Anyone else out there with a teen girl around her age?? I was looking a maybe someone she can chat with before the cruise so she will know someone beforehand.
:thumbsup2
Kim

Hello all! We just booked the cruise. Woo hoo. I finally talked DH into going. Is it too late to join up for the FE group? It will be myself, DH, DD 3.5, and DS 1.5.

Please check out of FB group by searching DCL Fantasy 8.11.12 to join in the meet up group and talk to fellow people traveling on this cruise

Hey everyone! Just booked a spot on the cruise. It's going to be me, my dh, dd(12) and ds(9). My dd wants to know if there were any other girls around her age and if any of them wanted to chat so she would know somebody before the cruise:) looking forward to meeting y'all soon ;)

-Katie

Myself (DM), DD (19) and DD (7) are all set to sail! So bummed - couldn't get Palo or Remy on sea days. Wanted to do FE with other latecomers, since I think some of the early bookers have closed their FE groups. Anyone else?

See you all on the 11th - will look for FB group and will send request to join. See ya' real soon!:cool1:

Hello all! We just booked the cruise. Woo hoo. I finally talked DH into going. Is it too late to join up for the FE group? It will be myself, DH, DD 3.5, and DS 1.5.

We wanted to do an FE, too! I'm hoping to get a group of 5 to 6 cabins, maybe 10, who signed on late? Don't know if the original FE group is still open...

Hey everyone! Just booked a spot on the cruise. It's going to be me, my dh, dd(12) and ds(9). My dd wants to know if there were any other girls around her age and if any of them wanted to chat so she would know somebody before the cruise:) looking forward to meeting y'all soon ;)

-Katie

My dd is also 12 and will be in the Edge. If you want I can send you a pm but don't think you can send one until 10 post .( Easy to get more posts just post anything until your there...:lmao:)

Just wondering-- has anyone received their room assignments for the 8/11/12 Fantasy Cruise?? We are still waiting on ours. We booked a VGT.

Myself (DM), DD (19) and DD (7) are all set to sail! So bummed - couldn't get Palo or Remy on sea days. Wanted to do FE with other latecomers, since I think some of the early bookers have closed their FE groups. Anyone else?

See you all on the 11th - will look for FB group and will send request to join. See ya' real soon!:cool1:

Welcome! My DD is 7 also - glad to hear of another playmate!

Just wondering-- has anyone received their room assignments for the 8/11/12 Fantasy Cruise?? We are still waiting on ours. We booked a VGT.

We booked an OGT and I think they said about 12 to 14 days prior to sail date, we will get our rooms. Someone posted on the FB group that there were at least 115 rooms still available (either as of yesterday or as of today). See you on the ship :)

Our family just booked ours!!
Hopefully we can still find some excursions.

DH and I will be traveling with DS (12) and DD (9).

Can't wait!

:beach:

We will be sailing too! After a week on land - WDW, Univ, Discovery Cove, and Cape Canaveral.

Me and my three kids, DS 13, DS 10, DD 7, and my sister and her hsband and their two daughters, 13 and 10, and my mom and my stepdad.

Look forward to meeting you all!

Hi everyone. We will be joining all of you on the August 11th cruise. It is myself & hubby & our 5 year old.
We booked a VGT & are still waiting to hear which room we have been assigned to.
By the way, I am unable to join the Facebook page--any advice?
Look forward to seeing everyone there.

I couldnt find the FB page either and would love to FE if its not "closed" or anyone still wants to do it? Thanks!

There is an extensive FE on the FB page (about 20+ families) and I believe 53 current members in the overall group.

Chuck:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter