• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

August 11, 2012 - Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy

I might be joining you! Looks like we're the only 2 here so far! :)
Pretty sure we'll be doing this cruise next year. I may be booking it soon, and then checking to see if we'd save $ rebooking while we're on the Dream this August.
Have you already booked?

Yes, I've been booked for a LOOOOOONG time.

My sister and I wanted to sail 7 nights to the Caribbean over the summer. We rebooked onboard in 2009. Well, 2010, the Magic moved to Europe. And then it did it again in 2011.

FINALLY - 7 night Caribbean sailings in August for 2012! LOL!!!!!

Our third Disney Cruise!! Can't wait! DH, DD(14), DS(13).:)

a9r6btoqoxim0wl1.png

lpb4cxa51u18slao.png

Just booked for the 8/11/12 FANTASY!!
Very excited although have never booked this far in advance before!!
3 of us; me, dh and 10 yo son!:banana:
:dance3:

So glad to see more people booking! :)

I was just discussing with my wife what we're going to do the night before.

She seems to be under the impression that my daughter, and I quote: "needs" a day at Walt Disney World before the cruise. :rolleyes:

Anyway, hello kclrmcd and AirTita. I'm Dan. :wave2::wave:

While it seems a little bizarre to be thinking so far in advance...since we're coming in from California....we're thinking of doing the parks as well. Question...should we do it before the cruise or after?
DS was at Disneyworld when he was 3 so he doesn't remember much.
We have annual passes at DL so he knows the rides.
Any ideas, suggestions, etc? We will be traveling with friends on the cruise and I'm sure we'll try to coordinate with them as well.
Also....how far in advance should I start looking at airfare, etc?

So glad to see more people booking! :)

I was just discussing with my wife what we're going to do the night before.

She seems to be under the impression that my daughter, and I quote: "needs" a day at Walt Disney World before the cruise. :rolleyes:

Anyway, hello kclrmcd and AirTita. I'm Dan. :wave2::wave:

Hi ~ I'm Jana

Hi Jana!

The popular opinion on the DIS seems to be to vacation at Walt Disney World first, then cruise. The logic makes sense. You run yourself silly at the parks - and then have three lovely at-sea days to decompress.

I think you'll probably want to visit Epcot and Animal Kingdom. Those are definitely different from anything offered in Disneyland. Splash Mountain at Magic Kingdom is FAR better than the one in DL - but almost everything else is better at DL in terms of the Magic Kingdom.

Tower of Terror at Hollywood Studios beats out the one at California Adventure.

I don't know much about the legacy carriers. But I know that with Southwest and jetBlue, you want to book ASAP. Watch their sites and book as soon as fares for your dates are released. If your departure date is released before your return date - book the departure. Then confirm the return once those are released.

You won't be able to book the Disney World portion until about August of this year. While there's no guarantee as to what the package offerings will be, you may want to poke around www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com and look at the package and ticket offerings. Familiarize yourself with them so that when the time comes, you'll have an idea of what you want. If you aren't sure about the resorts - take a look at www.wdwinfo.com and check out the resorts section. My favorite value resort is Pop Century. My favorite moderate resort is Caribbean Beach. And my favorite deluxe resort is a tie between the Beach Club and Contemporary. For you, I'd recommend the Beach Club - since it's closer to Epcot. As I said - you'll probably want less of the Magic Kingdom and more of Epcot. The Beach Club is great for that. If you have any questions or need any help, just let me know! :)

Thank you for the Park info!
I think you are right....Epcot and Animal Kingdom! MGM Studios will also be on the list for the DS!
We will also be doing the Universal Harry Potter park as well.
Before the cruise sounds good. DH suggested the same thing and I know I would love to decompress after the parks with a long cool adult beverage!
Will put alerts on my calender to start checking flights. I think it's about a year in advance we can start booking so I'll start looking in August.
Thanks again!!

My Family and I are in, sooooo excited!!!!

Welcome! :)

Thank you for the Park info!
I think you are right....Epcot and Animal Kingdom! MGM Studios will also be on the list for the DS!
We will also be doing the Universal Harry Potter park as well.
Before the cruise sounds good. DH suggested the same thing and I know I would love to decompress after the parks with a long cool adult beverage!
Will put alerts on my calender to start checking flights. I think it's about a year in advance we can start booking so I'll start looking in August.
Thanks again!!

You're welcome! :) If you really want to spoil yourself - I'd HIGHLY recommend staying onsite at Universal for a night or two. The resorts blow ANYTHING at Disney out of the water. You'd have unlimited access to Universal Express (it's like Fastpass at Disney - but if you're not at an onsite resort, it's a paid service and you get only one pass per ride). The Express access doesn't currently extend to Harry Potter - but you'd have access to the Early Entry program. With that to cover Harry Potter, and the unlimited Universal Express, you could cover both parks in 2 days - if not a single day.

Have fun planning! Let me know if you need any help. :)

We are booked and will plan on being onboard unless something else steps in the way. Too early to figure out pre-trip plans.

We are booked and will plan on being onboard unless something else steps in the way. Too early to figure out pre-trip plans.

Hello!

And for everyone - if you are planning on staying at a Walt Disney World resort pre or post cruise, Disney has published 2012 resort rates and package offerings. :)

We're booked! I'm still looking into price quotes but booked through Disney just to make sure we got it!

This cruise is a celebration of me completing cancer treatment which I'm in the middle of. I cannot wait for this all to be done and be on that ship!

We have three kids who will be 16 (girl), 13 (boy) and 10 (girl) by the time we sail. We're looking into staying at DVC and using some points for that so we can go to Harry Potter Land and maybe a day or to at The World. ;)

Any strong feelings on location of stateroom? So far we're on the 7th level in the middle towards the aft on the starboard side. And this is our first cruise so we have no idea if we get seasick or not.

Can't wait!

We're booked! I'm still looking into price quotes but booked through Disney just to make sure we got it!

This cruise is a celebration of me completing cancer treatment which I'm in the middle of. I cannot wait for this all to be done and be on that ship!

We have three kids who will be 16 (girl), 13 (boy) and 10 (girl) by the time we sail. We're looking into staying at DVC and using some points for that so we can go to Harry Potter Land and maybe a day or to at The World. ;)

Any strong feelings on location of stateroom? So far we're on the 7th level in the middle towards the aft on the starboard side. And this is our first cruise so we have no idea if we get seasick or not.

Can't wait!

Congratulations on finishing up cancer treatment. :)

I don't really have a preference for location. I prefer midship - but not for seasick/motion issue - it just makes it easier to access all areas of the ship. I've previously stayed REALLY aft (5626 on the Wonder) and kinda midship, towards the aft (6580 on the Wonder). I was fine in both rooms.

Happy planning! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter