• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone get a silhouette done? What did you think?

I love them, have one with my sister from 35 years ago (or more) and I've gotten it done for my son a couple of times. I had his done in Epcot across from Chefs de France.

Tip for the Main Street location (probably true for all). They do end earlier than the park closes, and they can get filled up for the day. I suggest stopping by earlier in the day to assure you can get it done. Last time we stopped by about an hour before they were ending and they were booked for the rest of the day. Also note they are a separate company, so you can't use your magic band to pay (at least as of 2016).
I can't vouch for any of the WDW parks but this was not the case for Disneyland. I got mine done right before midnight and was able to pay with a gift card. It looks like this is another of the many differences in how both parks are run.

How much did you guys pay?
I paid $9.98 plus tax at Disneyland in November 2017

Where is it located in Disneyland? We couldn’t fit this in on our WDW last month but will be in Disneyland soon and have to make it happen as a gift for my mom!
It's a small storefront on Main Street. If you're facing the castle it will be on your right hand side, a bit more than halfway up the street to the hub. It's interior is connected to Crystal Arts and China Closet but even so it's still easy to walk past.

We got it done at MK in between the jewelry shops on the right hand side of Main St. Well worth the money. My mom had me and my sister's done years ago in Liberty Square. I had my son's done 2 trips ago when he was 2, they did a great job even when he was not wanting to sit still. They were even able to do one for my niece through a picture. I love it and plan to do one for my son again years down the road...like graduation.

My mom has ones of my brothers and I going back to the MK in '79 and she requested one of my DS when we when a few years ago. Even as someone who has made his living as a artist and design for decades, it's amazing to see them do such accurate work so fast. Myself?...someone thing about just doesn't appeal to me, they remind me of the creepy areas of my grandparents house. But I love they still do them in the parks and are still popular in an era so hoked on easy photography.

We had one done for DS(4) and DD(9) outside the Christmas shop in MK last July. There was no line (around 11 am I think?) It was an older gentleman who did ours, and he was very fast. The cutting took maybe a minute. This was our first, but a family friend has some of her daughters (done in DL back in the early 80s) that has help up well. We’ll def get more done.

Thanks everyone for the amazing replies you guys are the reason these boards are amazing!

FYI, they also do this in Disney Springs in the Marketplace

Last time I did it (maybe three years ago) the frames were $8 each and I think the silhouette was also around $10. It was about the same price for 10 years. Have the frames really gone up to $20 each? That would be a huge increase and takes away quite a bit of the "hey, I'll get the second frame for the second image" appeal.

Last time I did it (maybe three years ago) the frames were $8 each and I think the silhouette was also around $10. It was about the same price for 10 years. Have the frames really gone up to $20 each? That would be a huge increase and takes away quite a bit of the "hey, I'll get the second frame for the second image" appeal.

The frames we bought in January at Disney Springs were $10.

Do not hesitate to do this. My bestie forced me into it on our last trip and as others have said, it is by far my favorite thing from disney ever. I look at it every day on the wall. I splurged on frames and gave one to my mom for christmas. I found the frames later at walmart but I had read on the dis that they are not always available. Also, it helped protect the pictures in the park. We did it in liberty square with no line. I forget exact price but it was less than 40 for cut with mirror image, two frames and tax. DO NOT hesitate to purchase!

I had all three of my kids done at MK on their first visit. It's one of our cherished souvenirs because it captures what they looked like on that trip. For sure, something not to miss.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter