• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone get a silhouette done? What did you think?

Just how still does the child have to be? How young has anyone had it work? My dgd is 16 mo... probably not old enough to sit still.
I had my son’s done at 8 weeks old. They don’t have to be that still and it only takes about 5 minutes for them to cut it out (freehand). I’d probably sit her on a lap and bribe her with a treat.
25859B29-0389-4B5D-B881-1B3B114D841C.jpeg

We had one done of our son at Disney Springs a few years ago and it’s one of my most treasured Disney purchases. It’s so fast and we went ahead and got the oval frame so one less thing to worry about. Highly recommend!

My parents had one done of my siblings and I when we were really little and it still hangs in the house today.

I had mine done just last year at Disneyland. I made photocopies onto cardstock and gave them to my mom and grandma as gifts. Walmart had a cheap ($5) oval frame they fit nicely into so it was a great inexpensive gift.

The CM joked about having to charge me extra for my curly hair, but I think she did a great job.

2u5gdw9.jpg

view

DH and I got one on our honeymoon in 2003. It was repetitively inexpensive. Plus they do an amazing job.

Do it! So worth the money. I had both kids done on one silhouette. The artist was really good.

Just how still does the child have to be? How young has anyone had it work? My dgd is 16 mo... probably not old enough to sit still.
My sister had hers done at MK in December. She was 18 months old and very active. I held her on my lap and distracted her with a book (they had a few there for that purpose). It took less than five minutes. She turned her head a few times but it came out beautifully.

Always a must have for our trips. We try to get the same person on Main Street in MK. They are super affordable and such a nice memory.

In addition to the locations others have mentioned (Main Street, near Christmas Store, Disney Springs), you can also get them done in France in Epcot. Same spot they do the umbrellas. We had to do this last time when we missed getting them in MK. They did a great job as well, just took longer to get an artist due to the multiple choices at the location.

Tip for the Main Street location (probably true for all). They do end earlier than the park closes, and they can get filled up for the day. I suggest stopping by earlier in the day to assure you can get it done. Last time we stopped by about an hour before they were ending and they were booked for the rest of the day. Also note they are a separate company, so you can't use your magic band to pay (at least as of 2016).

Does anyone know if they open at the same time that the park opens? Is there usually a long line?

Does anyone know if they open at the same time that the park opens? Is there usually a long line?

I don’t know if it’s still like this, but last April the MK Center Street location was open pre-9AM (in that “Main Street open an hour before opening” period).

We did it probably 8:15ish... no one in line and a great way to pass the time before rope drop.

Again, not sure if that info is current.

We have done ours at every Disney Park around the world except Paris (couldn't find it, it was supposed to be in the Disneyland Hotel) and Shanghai (probably hasn't made it over there yet). Hands down the best was at Disneyland, the long time CM did ours in less than a minute and they look amazing. I can't recall her name but I believe she is retired now.

We recently did ours at the Grand Floridian and they charged double what they cost in the parks. The CM was very nice but honestly not the best.

Tokyo Disney Sea was done in a dark corner of the Little Mermaid area, so that didn't turn out well.

Tokyo Disneyland was in the one of the shops in front and that was ok.

Hong Kong Disneyland was also just ok, the CM traced on the paper rather than doing it freehand.

Outside of DL, where they can do it in under a minute, I would say the average for other parks was 5-10 minutes per person.

This is one thing we ALWAYS do on every single trip. Hands down my favorite souvenir. They are so affordable, very quick and I find it a fun process to watch.

We got them (near the Christmas store in MK). They were cute! Still not as awesome as the pictures from Memento Mori, but it's a totally different type of souvenir, so we're glad we got both.

I had my three children done at Epcot in France. One of the best souvenirs I've ever purchased. Got an extra copy for a present for my mother.

We did it by the Christmas store/Liberty Square. No line. Gave it to grandma for Christmas and she loved it (we had them done when we were kids).

I had mine done just last year at Disneyland. I made photocopies onto cardstock and gave them to my mom and grandma as gifts. Walmart had a cheap ($5) oval frame they fit nicely into so it was a great inexpensive gift.

The CM joked about having to charge me extra for my curly hair, but I think she did a great job.

2u5gdw9.jpg

view
Where is it located in Disneyland? We couldn’t fit this in on our WDW last month but will be in Disneyland soon and have to make it happen as a gift for my mom!

Did DS1 and DD in person, took photos of DS2. Came out very well and have been hanging for years. Best prices too, they used to do them at a local department store for many times more than Disney charges.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter