Anyone ever regret their divorce?

Do I regret getting divorced? Not a chance!! That may have been one of my best decisions ever! I had finally had enough of me doing everything and him doing nothing and spending all his money on stuff he wanted, not what we needed to survive, like food, diapers, and a house payment, so I put on my big girl panties and decided I could be broke and happy or broke and unhappy. FTR, broke and happy was soooo much better!!

OP, good luck to you with whatever you decide. It is not an easy road, not all rainbows and unicorns either way you go with it, but you have to decide what is best for you. It seems you've been doing what's best for him and your children instead of yourself, but as my friend says, "how's that working for ya?" Do what is best for you and the rest will follow. Also, if he sees you moving toward being your own person, he might just decide you are worth working for and decide to change his ways.

ITA! I don't regret it one bit. I regret that it didn't work. I believe he regrets not trying harder. It would have been SO easy to keep me and make me happy, but he didn't. All I wanted was a partner who loved me, but nope. He was more in to himself than kids and I. Yes, similar problems have crept up in my current marriage, BUT this man outwardly loves me. I know without a doubt that he loves me. And I feel like we are partners. We work together and respect each other. I've learned that no matter what marriage I'm going to be in, there will be problems. But the difference is the love and respect for each other. And I was broker than broke on my own as opposed to having money to spend married to my ex. But I learned quickly that stuff just doesn't make happiness, and I've become so much more financially savvy. So no, I don't regret it because when I see him, I know that ship sailed long ago. I respect him as the father of our children and I consider that we are friends, but I have NO lingering romantic feelings towards him. Good luck to you. Either road you take is going to be difficult but YOU will know what is best for you and your kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter