Anyone book a night at 2 different resorts for the same night but only stay at one?

well, a funny thing happened on the way to........

so we had to cancel our first night at BLT due to flight changes, and now I have 14 borrowed points i need to burn during our 14 day stay.

but after our last attempt at doing the 2 rooms at a time, I am really scared to try it again.

I am the principle name on our main BLT booking, hubby is second, we haven't added a credit card to that resi, we normally add it at check in.

so do you recommend I use his name, and not add mine at all, until we actually check in?

Oh god, I feel my eye twitching as we speak, I'm thinking of OKW so he is close to the golf course at least one morning.

Any help, or step by step instructions (im good at following instructions) would be greatly appreciated.

sigh.

My suggestion is always to just set yourself up a second profile. For example I use a different shortening of my name. On MDE there are 2 of me - just slightly different. Then for the OKW reservation use those new profiles for the night there. I wouldn't suggest adding anything at check in. Something about that process seems to have gotten more complicated and in the end you still would end up linked to 2 reservations if they used the real you and issues with MB's etc could occur just as if you had done it from the start.

So for example:

You: Josephine Anderson (staying at BLT)
DH: Michael Anderson (staying at BLT)

Book OKW under: Jo Anderson and Mike Anderson and order MB's for "them". You'd still use your other MB's for park entry and charging etc back to your BLT room as the tickets are linked to those "people" and CC given for charging to Josephine and Michael and not Jo and Mike.

My suggestion is always to just set yourself up a second profile. For example I use a different shortening of my name. On MDE there are 2 of me - just slightly different. Then for the OKW reservation use those new profiles for the night there. I wouldn't suggest adding anything at check in. Something about that process seems to have gotten more complicated and in the end you still would end up linked to 2 reservations if they used the real you and issues with MB's etc could occur just as if you had done it from the start.

So for example:

Book OKW under: Jo Anderson and Mike Anderson and order MB's for "them". You'd still use your other MB's for park entry and charging etc back to your BLT room as the tickets are linked to those "people" and CC given for charging to Josephine and Michael and not Jo and Mike.
If you do it this way, do you do online check in? Do you have to add a credit card online and or in person?

So for example:

so when i book on DVC i actually use the husbands shortened name ie: Ant , mine cant be shortened..sigh....or just book my DIL who wont be there as the second guest?

so when it says are you a guest do you tick yes or no?

sorry for all the silly questions..

so when i book on DVC i actually use the husbands shortened name ie: Ant , mine cant be shortened..sigh....or just book my DIL who wont be there as the second guest?

so when it says are you a guest do you tick yes or no?

sorry for all the silly questions..

The question about is this a guest is whether you are an owner or not staying in the room. DVC asks that you let them know if your a guest of the owner using their membership to stay. You could do something like use your initials.

Another alternative would be not unnecessarily taking a room you don't really need during the busiest time of the year and staying in the room you already have.

For those who are interested in doing this, I asked member services and they replied...re booking another room while there..seems simple enough and looks like a lot of people do it.....

When booking a reservation, you can only have one with the
same names, therefore, you would need to remove one of your Guests and
list them on the new reservation you would book.

There are two ways to book, on DisneyVacationClub.com or by calling us.
Member Services is available Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM ET, and
Saturday – Sunday, 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM ET, by phoning (800) 800-9800 or
(407) 566-3800.

For those who are interested in doing this, I asked member services and they replied...re booking another room while there..seems simple enough and looks like a lot of people do it.....

When booking a reservation, you can only have one with the
same names, therefore, you would need to remove one of your Guests and
list them on the new reservation you would book.

There are two ways to book, on DisneyVacationClub.com or by calling us.
Member Services is available Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM ET, and
Saturday – Sunday, 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM ET, by phoning (800) 800-9800 or
(407) 566-3800.

It's essentially saying the same thing - you need different names on the reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter