Anyone been to Beach Club recently ????

I also agree that anyone with an issue should speak up.

We had a 2 bed Villa.
One of the toilets did not flush.
The second bedroom shower did not drain so we had a bathtub filled with water.
The master shower only released cold.
Master sink was clogged.

When called engineering they asked if we needed repairs done the same day or if it could wait until we checked out. Manager provided us with a room in BC side, not villas side so that we could shower and use toilet. They were overbooked and could not move us.

There were no linens on pull-out sofa or in closet or set up for 8 towels. Short on towels.

We did online check-in and arrived by 7:30 a.m. but the room was not ready until after 8:00 p.m.

If you have any issues, please let them know so they can resolve it. The worst thing is putting a room back for the next family that isn't functioning.

This doesn't directly relate to BCV but I'll add it anyway.

A few weeks ago we stayed at the BoardWalk for the first time in several years. We own points there and have stayed 6-8 times.

With other recent stays being at newer resorts like Bay Lake Tower, Animal Kingdom Villas, Grand Californian and even the Treehouse Villas, I have to say I was disappointed in BWV. And I say that as someone who has no great love for the theme of AKV (not a fan of animal prints). I'm also lukewarm on the glass and metal look of BLT.

But aside from the choice in furnishings, the above resorts have a much more up-to-date feel compared to our BWV experience. BWV had its own wholesale refurb about 2 years ago but many aspects like bathroom & kitchen tile were not updated. Flat panel TVs have been added but they are simply propped on top of dressers rather than being attractively mounted on walls. Room layout deficiencies will obviously never be addressed, nor will extra bathrooms be added.

In our case, even sloppy workmanship marred the experience. The bathroom had been painted (probably during the refurb) but the painters didn't even bother to remove switchplates. You could clearly see the old paint color surrounding the entire light switch. In other places, holes in the drywall were haphazardly patched.

Overall I came away with a greater appreciation for the newer resorts and will probably find myself gravitating more to those locations even if the theme is not a favorite. Even with the anticipated Disney markup in prices, our BWV One Bedroom did not feel like $600 / night accommodations. Not even close.

I can certainly see how a reviewer could judge resorts like BWV and BCV to be of lesser quality than other (newer) resorts. To some, the location and other amenities will trump many shortcomings. Others will feel differently.

We will be there for 12 nights in June in a 2 bedroom villa. I hope I'm not disappointed. I don't live like that at home and I certainly don't want to deal with that while on my vacation. There is no excuse for any of the villas to fall into that kind of poor condition. Not for the amount of money we pay for DVC. I have always loved BCV. I hope it's not as bad as it sounds.

We were there in mid-December. Our 1 Bedroom Villa was in great shape:

8W9C3132_HDR-Edit-M.jpg

8W9C3122_HDR-Edit-M.jpg

The bed was very comfortable. The only sign of wear we saw was the hallway as you exit the elevator (we were on the second floor). I'd guess this is a problem with the carpet in such a high traffic area (it didn't look dirty, more dis-colored/worn - perhaps from multiple cleanings)

8W9C2726-M.jpg

The common areas were in perfect condition:

8W9C2950_HDR-Edit-M.jpg

This is the only resort my kids want to stay at when we go to Florida. Tried to get them to branch out but nooooo. Looking forward to another stay here in June. It has always looked in good shape to me :goodvibes

This doesn't directly relate to BCV but I'll add it anyway.

A few weeks ago we stayed at the BoardWalk for the first time in several years. We own points there and have stayed 6-8 times.

With other recent stays being at newer resorts like Bay Lake Tower, Animal Kingdom Villas, Grand Californian and even the Treehouse Villas, I have to say I was disappointed in BWV. And I say that as someone who has no great love for the theme of AKV (not a fan of animal prints). I'm also lukewarm on the glass and metal look of BLT.

But aside from the choice in furnishings, the above resorts have a much more up-to-date feel compared to our BWV experience. BWV had its own wholesale refurb about 2 years ago but many aspects like bathroom & kitchen tile were not updated. Flat panel TVs have been added but they are simply propped on top of dressers rather than being attractively mounted on walls. Room layout deficiencies will obviously never be addressed, nor will extra bathrooms be added.
In our case, even sloppy workmanship marred the experience. The bathroom had been painted (probably during the refurb) but the painters didn't even bother to remove switchplates. You could clearly see the old paint color surrounding the entire light switch. In other places, holes in the drywall were haphazardly patched.

Overall I came away with a greater appreciation for the newer resorts and will probably find myself gravitating more to those locations even if the theme is not a favorite. Even with the anticipated Disney markup in prices, our BWV One Bedroom did not feel like $600 / night accommodations. Not even close.

I can certainly see how a reviewer could judge resorts like BWV and BCV to be of lesser quality than other (newer) resorts. To some, the location and other amenities will trump many shortcomings. Others will feel differently.

Some very valid points. The re-painting and patching should be brought up to CM. In regards to the TV's not being mounted on wall, I agree with the look issue BUT the expense for the TV's and installing wall mounts and replacing the current TV stand with some other type of drawer storage does come out of our annual dues, so there needs to be a balance. As far as tile being replaced, you are looking at a major expense impacting annual dues. I think upgrading bedding (i.e comforters) would freshen look.

Last thing in regards to $600 a night accomodation, the rack rate really doesn't mean anything to me as an owner. When I look at rates for the hotels approaching $1000 a night in some cases I'm thankful I have DVC. Heck a "Value" Hotel on property for Easter is approaching $200 for just a room with 2000 of my closest friends. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter