Anyone been to Beach Club recently ????

dreaming4disney

Mouseketeer
Just wondering about the Villas. I know I have read some posts that say they are a bit run down. We are thinking of trying to get a ressie this summer. Did they change the mattresses yet? Are they now the same as BLT?

Any info welcome.:)

We stayed in the Villas about 3 weeks ago-2 different studios and a 1 BR (boy, did I fracture that ressie!). Everything was in excellent shape, and we enjoyed the stay even more than usual-and we usually really like the Villas.

we stayed in September and they were changing all the matresses on the third floor. not sure about the other floors.

We were there last month and our villa was pristine! I had read the same reviews and was a bit apprehensive, but there were no issues and everything was spotless. :thumbsup2

Here are the photos of our studio:

DSC_0382-L.jpg

DSC_0388-L.jpg

DSC_0389-L.jpg

DSC_0391-L.jpg

DSC_0392-L.jpg

We had a dedicated 2 bedroom with 2 queens in October and everything was in great condition!

Thanks for the comments and photos! I am going to try at the end of the week to book at BC. We usually stay at home resort, I hope we have good luck.

Anyone else been to BC villas lately???? Is there a good section/room/floor to ask for? We are going to try for a 2 bedroom-

Thanks

We were just there the first week of Oct. in a 1BR. Everything was great! We were on the 3rd floor so I guess we had new mattresses! Very comfy. We absolutely loved being so close to Epcot for F & W Festival. :beach:

We were there in early/mid September. They hadn't changed our mattress on the 5th floor, but we did see mattresses being swapped out on other floors.

I would be shocked if they are not done with the mattress replacements.

Our room was in good shape. However, on the night we checked in, it had cobwebs and was gross. We complained to the front desk, showing them pictures. When we returned later in the day, the room was great.

They also did some resort wide plumbing work on our first night. After that, everything was great.

Bottom line, the resort should be in great shape given the work that was going on in September.

The only complaint I had about our Sept trip was the carpet. Both in the villa and the hallway it desperately needed a thorough deep cleaning or to be changes completely.

All rooms at all resorts wear differently depending upon how much guest abuse they suffer. No matter where you stay, what you've read or how recently you read about refurbishments, it doesn't say much about what you will find when you open the door to your assigned villa.

If there are problems, call housekeeping or maintenance. If they do not respond promptly, go to the front desk and speak to a manager.

Here right now in a 1BR. Our villa is great, very clean (even the carpet looks really clean!). There is a nick or two in the bedside table, other than that, everything looks really fresh.

The only thing I've seen that looks the least bit rundown is the carpet in the hallway, but those carpets obviously see a ton of traffic, all things considered they don't really look that bad.

Our bed was comfy - not sure if it is a new mattress or not.

Our location is great - 136, first floor, faces pool (we haven't really heard a peep however) and close enough to the lobby to not be inconvenient.

We have been reading negative reviews about BCV for years but every time we get there things look great. That said I do think the villas could use an update in the overall decor. I love BCV, don't get me wrong, but the decor style does make it appear old.

If there are problems, call housekeeping or maintenance. If they do not respond promptly, go to the front desk and speak to a manager.
Exactly. We had a 1BR there last month, and there were a few rough spots---Housekeeping did not manage to clean the fridge, one of the lamps had a short in it, and the dishwasher died mid-stay. It took them a couple days to replace the dishwasher, but we were there for Food & Wine, so there was a minimum of cooking in the room...

Overall, the room was perfectly adequate, though my better half was a little less happy with it.

Well, we got lucky this morning. Just booked a 2 BR lock off for a week in June. Hopefully everything is good, and if not I will deal with it then. I think my kids(13,14 and 16) will happy at BC. I would like to try Jelly Rolls one night-that sounds like fun.

Anyone have recommendations on a room? I have read that rooms have views of fireworks. Is there a certain room range I should ask for?

Thanks for all of the feedback- everyone's always helpful here!

We were there last month and our villa was pristine! I had read the same reviews and was a bit apprehensive, but there were no issues and everything was spotless. :thumbsup2

Here are the photos of our studio:

DSC_0382-L.jpg

DSC_0388-L.jpg

DSC_0389-L.jpg

DSC_0391-L.jpg

DSC_0392-L.jpg

Very nice room! I have a trip planned for July in a standard view studio and was trying to figure out where I should room request! Do you remember what room number you were in? Thanks

We stayed in a one bedroom the last week of August and we were less than impressed with the condition of the room. Broken drawers and refrigerator parts, a less-than-spotless bathroom. One of the elevators was down for at least one entire day. We certainly didn't let it ruin our vacation, but I must admit that of all our WDW vacations, this was the room we were the least pleased with.

We just spent 2 weeks in a 2 bedroom at BCV. We had small issues, but nothing that impacted our trip in a negative way. We love love love the beach club and will definitely choose to stay there again. Some of our issues included a broken toilet paper holder, a non functioning dishwasher, and the front of a drawer that kept falling off. When we called about the dishwasher, someone came immediately. He worked on it for 30 minutes, couldn't figure it out, and came back with someone else. The 2 of them worked on it for another 30 minutes and the problem was solved. One thing that has definitely been true for us is that if you call, they always fix the problem. :)

I am surprised how so many people are not happy but say nothing to housekeeping manager. If you say nothing NOTHING will ever change! I am sick of paying a lot to stay and having less than subpar housekeeping. If it is bad I always call and have a manager come. I have no time for nonsense and the managers are usually appalled and apologetic.

We were just there the first week of Oct. in a 1BR. Everything was great! We were on the 3rd floor so I guess we had new mattresses! Very comfy. We absolutely loved being so close to Epcot for F & W Festival. :beach:

Agreed. We were there in Early November for the end of F&W. Such a different experience staying there than one of the other DVCs during F&W. Literally a 5 min walk from room to food booth.

We had many issues during our November stay, the toilet paper holder was broken, the door under the sink was broken and we had to take out the garbage can so the door wouldn't keep falling off every time the kids tried to throw something away. There was pen/marker/crayon all over the couch and chair. The dryer didn't get hot. One of our shades didn't close, as well as a few other small things.

None of these things really made a difference, we still love BCV and would stay there over any other resort. However, I have noticed a rate of decline since our first stay in 2009 (to be expected), and relayed this in a concise, detailed letter to MS. I received both a phone call AND an email. I was told that BCV is
"due for a total refurbishment starting in early 2014" in the email, and this was reiterated in the follow up phone call I received. So, if anybody is traveling to BCV this year you can expect many of these small issues to exist but as a PP said, they WILL address them if you call and most of these "issues" will NOT ruin your stay.

Also, the room we had was perfectly clean, so it's not a cleanliness issue; it's a wear and tear issue.

I would strongly encourage anybody with any issues while at BCV to speak up, let them know, they DO care.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter