Anyone attach a car seat to a golf cart?

pointybubble

Mouseketeer
We are staying in the Cabins in about 10 days, traveling with myself, DH, and our two young children who are 2.5 years and 2.5 months. I specifically booked the cabins so that we could have more space and also for the privacy- toddlers and infants can be unpredictable and noisy, and I like the idea of not worrying about bothering neighbors in the middle of the night.

We are renting a golf cart from Disney for our stay, and we are planning on bringing bungee cords to hopefully secure our car seat for the infant to it. I've run searches here on the DIS but all the old threads have broken links/pictures. Has anyone attempted this? I would love to hear what worked/ didn't work and any pictures would be very helpful. We have a double stroller where the car seat clicks right into it, and we are hoping that the setup would be simple/painless since we would be using the car seat in the parks daily.

Disney carts back seats are rear facing, I can't imagine a bungee corded car seat in a golf cart would ever be a good idea

We are staying in the Cabins in about 10 days, traveling with myself, DH, and our two young children who are 2.5 years and 2.5 months. I specifically booked the cabins so that we could have more space and also for the privacy- toddlers and infants can be unpredictable and noisy, and I like the idea of not worrying about bothering neighbors in the middle of the night.

We are renting a golf cart from Disney for our stay, and we are planning on bringing bungee cords to hopefully secure our car seat for the infant to it. I've run searches here on the DIS but all the old threads have broken links/pictures. Has anyone attempted this? I would love to hear what worked/ didn't work and any pictures would be very helpful. We have a double stroller where the car seat clicks right into it, and we are hoping that the setup would be simple/painless since we would be using the car seat in the parks daily.
I would not bungee cord seat to golf cart in that bungee cords stretch and would not hold seat like a seatbelt esp a rear facing one even if you could fasten it someway. you will need the cords to hold your stroller in back of cart and you will need to hold either your older child or the infant as you can only seat at most 3 on front seat. and I would not trust a 2.5 year old in back seat without a parent and no seatbelt which will not work as you need floor space for folded stroller. for trip to transportation to parks I would have a carrier for infant and sit toddler in middle of front seat with you guys. granted granddaughter was a little older when we went plus it was too hot as we have to do summer for a reason so we only did a layback double stroller for her and older sister. and yes we were in cabins

Last edited:

You guys make great points, not sure why but I guess when I think vehicle I automatically assume a carseat would be the safest way to go. So the new plan then would be for one of us to wear the baby in a carrier. I think we may ditch the idea of using the car seat attached to the stroller in the parks as well if that is the case. Restaurants will be more of a pain (they have let us bring a single stroller before, but no way with a double) but we will figure it out I guess. I know some of them have infant chairs and the rest we will have to hold or wear him since he can't sit up in a high chair yet.

You guys make great points, not sure why but I guess when I think vehicle I automatically assume a carseat would be the safest way to go. So the new plan then would be for one of us to wear the baby in a carrier. I think we may ditch the idea of using the car seat attached to the stroller in the parks as well if that is the case. Restaurants will be more of a pain (they have let us bring a single stroller before, but no way with a double) but we will figure it out I guess. I know some of them have infant chairs and the rest we will have to hold or wear him since he can't sit up in a high chair yet.
remember to count him in ressies and the only place we found infant chairs was Chef Mickey. when we were there granted we were a larger group but we found the buses just as easy by time you folded stroller attached to cart it didn't save much time. plus older child thought buses were another ride. in fact most unhappy part was having to leave her bus in the campground when we headed home as she wanted to ride one home

You guys make great points, not sure why but I guess when I think vehicle I automatically assume a carseat would be the safest way to go. So the new plan then would be for one of us to wear the baby in a carrier.
I babywore our then 4 month old daughter in my Tula or ringsling while we were in golf cart and it worked pretty well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter