Anyone affected by the Federal Government shut down?

No problem! If one always uses it you tend to forget they expire as it become part of daily life. Happened to use. 2 days before we were to fly to Orlando I noticed my son‘s passport was expired. I balled like a death in the family thinking our WDW trip was a no-go. Was able ton get an emergency passport at consular services but 24 hrs of pure hell waiting to get that appointment

Did hear some passports were being pricessed during shut down.

Good to know passport services still have a limited run during a shutdown:cool:.
Just checked and I'm fine until Jan.14.20. Just set reminders up so it's one item off my procrastination list.

So, it's February 1st and this is still impacting us in that I had planned to start snowballing some accounts for 2018, but instead I have just been paying the bare minimum on bills just in case they shut down again after February 8th. I did file my taxes today and should be getting a nice refund. We have savings, but overall "the unknown" is preventing me from making higher payments than due. There were a couple accounts I initially planned to triple the normal payment.

So, it's February 1st and this is still impacting us in that I had planned to start snowballing some accounts for 2018, but instead I have just been paying the bare minimum on bills just in case they shut down again after February 8th. I did file my taxes today and should be getting a nice refund. We have savings, but overall "the unknown" is preventing me from making higher payments than due. There were a couple accounts I initially planned to triple the normal payment.

We are back in prep mode at work. It's ridiculous. I have no feelings on what will happen because I've just been avoiding political news; however, everyone in my meeting today felt like it was going to happen again (not that we are "in the know"). I think the chances of it being a LONG one are not likely, and with a short one you generally won't see a payday delay, but you never know.

We are back in prep mode at work. It's ridiculous. I have no feelings on what will happen because I've just been avoiding political news; however, everyone in my meeting today felt like it was going to happen again (not that we are "in the know"). I think the chances of it being a LONG one are not likely, and with a short one you generally won't see a payday delay, but you never know.

My husband feels like it will shutdown again too. It's just keeping me from making larger payments and spend the bare minimum "just in case."

Back in prep mode here too, cause the way it was handled last time was super disorganized. Hopefully this one won't happen, but if it does crap will at least be more orderly!

The long one will be when the continuing resolution expires at the same time as the debt ceiling hits, sometime in March.

Once we max out the United States 19.8 trillion dollar limit Visa card we have to get a limit increase.

I say we ask for 100 trillion dollars!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter