Anybody at the park for New Year's Eve?

Pluto468

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if anyone is celebrating at Disneyland tonight and how it is/what you're up to there. I saw a livestream of the castle and I'll hopefully be able to watch the fireworks and countdown later.

Hope everyone is having a great night, wherever you are!

Happy New Year! pluto: 🎆🎉:tink:

After almost a decade of NYE trips to DL...the past three were kinda a bust IMO due to weather and with Disney cutting back more and more every year with unique NYE offerings we decide to sit out this year...has not been worth the gamble, hassle, and cost since the Midnight Countdown is pretty much all that is left in the Parks unique to that day.

Hops those that made it had fun!

We were! It was amazing. It rained (more like heavy misted) in the morning prior to the parade, so we went back to the hotel and waited until later in the evening to hang out in the parks. The weather was perfect during the day the rest of our time there, chilly at night though (we were prepared!). We got so many rides done between midnight and 2am.

We saw both firework shows, one from ROA and then the other over near the castle at midnight. It was insane, but we had such a magical time. We seemed to have a lot of pixie dust happen this trip, it was a perfect way to end 2023 and head in 2024.

We were! It was amazing. It rained (more like heavy misted) in the morning prior to the parade, so we went back to the hotel and waited until later in the evening to hang out in the parks. The weather was perfect during the day the rest of our time there, chilly at night though (we were prepared!). We got so many rides done between midnight and 2am.

We saw both firework shows, one from ROA and then the other over near the castle at midnight. It was insane, but we had such a magical time. We seemed to have a lot of pixie dust happen this trip, it was a perfect way to end 2023 and head in 2024.
Glad you had such an amazing trip! It sounds wonderful. Happy New Year :)

We were there! We live in NorCal and DL has always been our home resort, but we'd never been for NYE! We were at WDW last year, so we decided to do DL this year. Even with setting our expectations for crowds & lines, it was a bit of a let down. We had a great spot in front of the castle for the fireworks, but the DJ wasn't very energetic and the vibe was sort of sleepy during the dance party. Happy to have done it once, don't know that I need to do it again.

We were there! We live in NorCal and DL has always been our home resort, but we'd never been for NYE! We were at WDW last year, so we decided to do DL this year. Even with setting our expectations for crowds & lines, it was a bit of a let down. We had a great spot in front of the castle for the fireworks, but the DJ wasn't very energetic and the vibe was sort of sleepy during the dance party. Happy to have done it once, don't know that I need to do it again.
That's so cool! I watched a livestream of the dance party and I know what you mean about the DJ. It was fun to see Mickey and Minnie and Goofy all fancied up and dancing, though. Happy New Year!

My son and I spent NYE in DCA. It was our first trip during this time of year and we were hoping for smaller crowds than what we expected in DL.

We had a blast! The crowds felt like less than we've experienced during our fall break trips (very busy, but not like you can't move). We did the second WOC dessert party and then stayed in that area for the 9 pm countdown. My tween even did some dancing. We also checked out the party vibe in cars land as we did one last ride on RSR to end 2023.

We had just flown in that morning (so up since 5 am, plus a time difference) so we couldn't hang on to midnight. We didn't see the fireworks from DL, but I heard them from over at DLH as we were going to bed.

I'm already thinking about maybe booking a hotel reservation for next year...

My son and I spent NYE in DCA. It was our first trip during this time of year and we were hoping for smaller crowds than what we expected in DL.

We had a blast! The crowds felt like less than we've experienced during our fall break trips (very busy, but not like you can't move). We did the second WOC dessert party and then stayed in that area for the 9 pm countdown. My tween even did some dancing. We also checked out the party vibe in cars land as we did one last ride on RSR to end 2023.

We had just flown in that morning (so up since 5 am, plus a time difference) so we couldn't hang on to midnight. We didn't see the fireworks from DL, but I heard them from over at DLH as we were going to bed.

I'm already thinking about maybe booking a hotel reservation for next year...
That sounds wonderful! I'm glad you had such a nice trip :) I definitely want to do NYE sometime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter