Any updates on the OKW refurbishment?

Hello,
Does any one know for sure if the coffee pots [ Studios] have been upgraded to K-cup type pots? I have gotten conflicting reports. I need to know what coffee to bring- that first cup sets the tone for the whole day! Thanks for your help!

No KCups for any DVC.

how about the 1 bedrooms near the hospitality house? Are they newly renovated? Thanks

As far as I know, none of the bldgs. 30 or below have any work done yet. Kind of hoping they are working on plans to put a door from the laundry to the master bath.

Just back from room 5415 (1 bedroom). The entire area back by the South Point quiet pool is completely done.

Our room looked great, except that I found a few wood screws on the floor in the bedroom. I'm glad we didn't step on them, because that would have definitely ruined our vacation!

Are March Break 2018 holiday was planned for OKW (studio) HH.
After check in my son took a shower and we discovered the bath/shower pipes were broken and spraying water through the wall outside onto the walkway. No other studios HH were available so we were moved over to Kidani.
Yes we were given almost the furthest room from the Lobby.:crutches:(Not so good when recovering from a popliteal cyst in my right knee).
Due to the need for two seperate beds we were moved the next day over to a room in Jambo House with two queen beds, and we were given $75.00 dining credit to use.
We saw one of the OKW rooms that was remodeled and while I don't dislike the color palette it just doesn't seem OKW to me.
I am very happy they are redoing the bathrooms (I also hope this means checks for plumbing issues ) as I think it is long overdue,,we are headed back next March and hope to be able to stay at OKW.

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
No KCups for any DVC.
Thanks for the update I had called the resort and got conflicting answers, one said yes, "pod" one cup coffee pot, and another said no. I need to know what type of coffee to get.. its very important - that first cups set s the tone for the whole day! I saw in the 7 of 7 resorts video that the DIS released not long ago that Coronado Springs' rooms upgrades has K-cup pots, [and giant TVs], so I was hoping.

Thanks for the update I had called the resort and got conflicting answers, one said yes, "pod" one cup coffee pot, and another said no. I need to know what type of coffee to get.. its very important - that first cups set s the tone for the whole day! I saw in the 7 of 7 resorts video that the DIS released not long ago that Coronado Springs' rooms upgrades has K-cup pots, [and giant TVs], so I was hoping.

Standard, 10 definitively, maybe 12 cup capacity, Mr. Coffee type coffee pot. It uses the common basket type filters. It's the only type at OKW, no matter studio, 1 or 2 bd or grandvilla! Would have loved a Kuerig too but when you buy good coffee, the pot makes good coffee, just don't forget the filter. I've tried the paper towel in a pinch... disaster.

Standard, 10 definitively, maybe 12 cup capacity, Mr. Coffee type coffee pot. It uses the common basket type filters. It's the only type at OKW, no matter studio, 1 or 2 bd or grandvilla! Would have loved a Kuerig too but when you buy good coffee, the pot makes good coffee, just don't forget the filter. I've tried the paper towel in a pinch... disaster.

I keep them in my travel drawer.

When you call a WDW hotel, you get the Call Center (and the operator might even be in Tampa or Kansas) and they know nothing about the actual resort they are telling you about. Even if you ask them if they are at the hotel, they will tell you they are to keep "on stage".

Turtle pond pool area is closed for refurb. They have quite a few areas blocked off too.

Last edited:
just back from our 8 day stay at BRV, and we went to OKW to eat at Olivias for dinner, we were chatting with a CM in the lobby while checking out the resort and he offered to show us a studio and 1 bedroom in the HH area. NONE of those blds done as of yet, he said they were starting at the back of the resort and the HH area will be done last and probably be completed he said by "spring 2019" we arent sure if we want to book there until we know the refurbs are done. We loved our dinner and walk around the resort, happy we bought there as our Home resort!

just back from our 8 day stay at BRV, and we went to OKW to eat at Olivias for dinner, we were chatting with a CM in the lobby while checking out the resort and he offered to show us a studio and 1 bedroom in the HH area. NONE of those blds done as of yet, he said they were starting at the back of the resort and the HH area will be done last and probably be completed he said by "spring 2019" we arent sure if we want to book there until we know the refurbs are done. We loved our dinner and walk around the resort, happy we bought there as our Home resort!

I have a HH studio booked over Christmas ... so it will be interesting to see what they are working on then.

Claire :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter