Any updates on the OKW refurbishment?

When I was there in February, we stayed in building 32 and it was fully renovated and I believe (according to CMs) that much of Old Turtle Pond was renovated. Turtle Pond pool and snack bar are currently closed until early July as they undergo refurb. The entire loop around South Point pool (Buildings 53-56) were closed for refurb in February, but do not know a projected finish date for them.

When I was there in February, we stayed in building 32 and it was fully renovated and I believe (according to CMs) that much of Old Turtle Pond was renovated. Turtle Pond pool and snack bar are currently closed until early July as they undergo refurb. The entire loop around South Point pool (Buildings 53-56) were closed for refurb in February, but do not know a projected finish date for them.

Thank you! Trying to overly plan things I can't control. Thank you for indulging me.

I'm wondering if they are doing all the buildings numbered 30 or higher first so they can add the door through the laundry room in those numbered less than 30.

I'm wondering if they are doing all the buildings numbered 30 or higher first so they can add the door through the laundry room in those numbered less than 30.

Are the < 30s only accessible via the Master Bath or only via the Hall? I think I stayed in a studio for one night once near HH back in the 90s. Used to be a huge Turtle Pond fan and then the 46 & 45.

Are the < 30s only accessible via the Master Bath or only via the Hall? I think I stayed in a studio for one night once near HH back in the 90s. Used to be a huge Turtle Pond fan and then the 46 & 45.
Yes. They started with 30, 31, 32, 33 and are moving around Turtle Pond. It would get these done quickly and leave them time to fix the problem in the other villas, especially since they are actually renovating the bathrooms this time.

I'd be very surprised if they retrofit the under 30 buildings, considering the resort has been this way for 27 years. If it was a priority, they'd have done it much earlier.

I'd be very surprised if they retrofit the under 30 buildings, considering the resort has been this way for 27 years. If it was a priority, they'd have done it much earlier.

They were willing to switch the BLT studio sink so I wouldn't be completely surprised if they actually did add the door at OKW. They've never done a full bathroom renovation there before so it's really the first chance to do it. I'd be surprised if it weren't one of the bigger complaints they receive or a pretty frequent request to have a room with second entry into the Master bathroom. Wouldn't count on it happening though either but maybe.

Chuck S/KAT4DISNEY, are there no pictures of the current reno decor?

There were some in another thread. It seems they are using neutral, muted tones. Very little to differentiate it (OKW) from other Disney resorts.

Chuck S/KAT4DISNEY, are there no pictures of the current reno decor?
Thank you both! I see they kept the byfolds between the master bath & master bedroom. Bathrooms look awesome, love the white/grey tile flooring and the master shower doors. The rest is pretty much the same, I wasn’t a fan of the dark woods from the last refurb. but I’m used to it now. Still my favorite resort!

Thank you both! I see they kept the byfolds between the master bath & master bedroom. Bathrooms look awesome, love the white/grey tile flooring and the master shower doors. The rest is pretty much the same, I wasn’t a fan of the dark woods from the last refurb. but I’m used to it now. Still my favorite resort!

The bifolds are my jewelry and scarf holders.

We stayed in building 44 last month and it had not been refurbished yet. They were still working on building 35 when we checked out March 20.

Hello,
Does any one know for sure if the coffee pots [ Studios] have been upgraded to K-cup type pots? I have gotten conflicting reports. I need to know what coffee to bring- that first cup sets the tone for the whole day! Thanks for your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter