Any Rumors of Extending the Be Our Guest Breakfast? Update: July, Aug, Sept, Oct 1-3 NOW AVAILABLE!!

scrappinginontario

I keep hoping they're going to continue the breakfast option as it seems quite popular. If you hear any rumors, please post here!

UPDATE June 16 @ 6:50am - The remainder of July, all of Aug and Sept and Oct 1-3 are now able to see that breakfast is an option to select but so far 'No Times Are Available.' Hopefully this means the BoG breakfast will be extended soon!

Last edited:
I hope you get a chance to do it. Personally, I won't be going to any restaurant that requires me to choose what I'm going to eat in advance. I just feel it's a slippery slope to eventually having to do this everywhere. Again, I understand others are more open to it. Hopefully they will extend it and you get a ressie.

There's actually a lot of availability left for the last few weeks that are currently available to book. They may add breakfast officially at some point, but I wouldn't be surprised if they change some things from the current test version. For example, they may try requiring everyone on the reservation to purchase an entree since I believe some people are making 8 am pre-opening reservations for parties of 6 but only ordering 2 kids meals which is currently allowed.

Also, BOG does not require you to pre-order, it merely offers that as an option. My understanding is that you could pre-order as close as 5 minutes before your reservation. I may not know what I want to eat a month in advance, but I typically have looked at a menu and know what I want the day of.

I'm hoping they extend it! We really enjoyed it last month when we went. I liked the convenience of ordering ahead of time, but it's by no means a requirement.

I hope you get a chance to do it. Personally, I won't be going to any restaurant that requires me to choose what I'm going to eat in advance. I just feel it's a slippery slope to eventually having to do this everywhere. Again, I understand others are more open to it. Hopefully they will extend it and you get a ressie.
It's not a requirement at all. You don't have to order in advance :)

I think they're going to have to do something more with it in order to entice people to make ADRs for the time of and right after park opening. Just dining at the beast's castle is not enough to take people away from early morning touring. My guess is they make it a TS character breakfast, but that would be SIX character breakfast in MK and MK resorts. That's a little lopsided for the entire WDW, but MK is the most popular of the four parks.

The difficulty for the restaurant then becomes lunch. If they leave it as a QS, there has to be a hard cut off for breakfast before lunch crowds arrive. Even if they make lunch a TS, if breakfast is a buffet, there would have to be a clear the restaurant and reset for lunch.

I think they're going to have to do something more with it in order to entice people to make ADRs for the time of and right after park opening. Just dining at the beast's castle is not enough to take people away from early morning touring. My guess is they make it a TS character breakfast, but that would be SIX character breakfast in MK and MK resorts. That's a little lopsided for the entire WDW, but MK is the most popular of the four parks.

The difficulty for the restaurant then becomes lunch. If they leave it as a QS, there has to be a hard cut off for breakfast before lunch crowds arrive. Even if they make lunch a TS, if breakfast is a buffet, there would have to be a clear the restaurant and reset for lunch.
I agree with a lot of what you said, but what if they decided to keep it quick service but add a character greet like at dinner? Yes, no other QS has characters, but no other QS takes reservations either. It would up the demand for breakfast at non-preopen slots and they could justify charging everyone on the reservation. Just a thought, but I expect we'll see some sort of change when breakfast goes official.

I agree with a lot of what you said, but what if they decided to keep it quick service but add a character greet like at dinner? Yes, no other QS has characters, but no other QS takes reservations either. It would up the demand for breakfast at non-preopen slots and they could justify charging everyone on the reservation. Just a thought, but I expect we'll see some sort of change when breakfast goes official.

That's a good alternative, but like you said, they would then have to charge everyone in the party. Would people pay the $20/$11 price for the beast and breakfast? With pre-park opening slots, I would say definitely, but not sure if that would be enough for that first hour of park opening.

That's a good alternative, but like you said, they would then have to charge everyone in the party. Would people pay the $20/$11 price for the beast and breakfast? With pre-park opening slots, I would say definitely, but not sure if that would be enough for that first hour of park opening.
If more people purchase the dining plan with the new changes, BOG is about the only location "worth" the QS credit at breakfast. Add in the Beast and/or Chip etc. and they might have ample demand. Even if charging everybody decreased demand, it might make more sense since you wouldn't have people taking up seats without purchasing anything. I don't know if this is really an issue, I just think Disney is trying to work some of these kinks out before making breakfast official.

I also scanned through some reviews of BOG on trip advisor and it appears a significant number of people continue to be under the impression that this is supposed to be a character meal. That's their own fault for not researching, but the restaurant's own site has a picture of Belle and the Beast in the dining room. I think adding characters would help people see more value and cause less people to leave underwhelmed.

I spoke with a CM last week who seemed to think it will be extended. She said they receive calls daily regarding additional dates. Let's hope.

They do not REQUIRE you to pre-order. It is an option for those who are in a hurry.

1) The only rumor we hear is that of converting to a TS for all meals.
2) REPEAT: RUMOR.
3) The talk we hear is that it is so very popular, so why not capitalize on the popularity and demand.
4) The place cost a fortune to build, and a QS doesn't have the return on the investment ("ROI") as a TS.
5) We will have to wait and see.

PERSONAL COMMENT: From a business prospective, it does make lot of sense to go all-TS. People are willing to pay almost any price to get into BoG. Additionally, with the popularity of DDP, people don't recognize when they do, or when they don' get a good deal, so the pricing (and profit margins) are easily disguised.

Will bog breakfast be able to have belle since she's next door at ETWB? Or would it just be the beast ?

We have a dinner ADR for August. I love that it's not a buffet or character meal. I hope they keep dinner as is.

Will bog breakfast be able to have belle since she's next door at ETWB? Or would it just be the beast ?

We have a dinner ADR for August. I love that it's not a buffet or character meal. I hope they keep dinner as is.

We have ADR for dinner in August too, and I agree with keeping it as is. Perhaps they could add Chip and Lumiere with the Beast? Gaston if he is not out doing character M&G's in the morning? I think that with Belle at ETWB, it would be confusing for young children. I am also hoping that lunch stays as a QS- we went last August for the first time and loved it. Looking forward to our first dinner at BOG this August! Would love to get a chance for a breakfast here... fingers crossed:-) I'm still checking every day. Good luck everyone.

I hope they don't change lunch to a TS....I have several reservations for lunch in Aug, Sept, Nov and Dec.......there was no indication that it was a TS (which for those not on the DP would probably just mean a jump in price).

I'd like to try the breakfast, just to be able to say I did....but the price is too steep for what you get in my opinion. We have free dining in Aug/Sep so if they extend it AND leave it as a CS, I may try it. If they change it to a TS, I will not.

If they add characters I'm fairly sure they'll have to make a TS and higher priced, because they have to pay all the characters and friends.

Its not really set up to be character dining IMHO. They spent a lot of $$ to make it a QS lunch spot and on the technology, etc for it. Not sure they are ready to scrap that idea altogether yet. It would be easy to require everyone on the reservation for breakfast to pay since they do that at dinner shows, character dining, etc. Making it TS all 3 meals would make it easier to get a reservation hopefully though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter