Any Recommendations

Smitty844

DVC Member/AP Holder
I hope I can explain this well. Our family is planning our first DVC vacation in March 2006, I am wondering if any DVC veterans could give us some ideas for transportation with a twist. We are planning on starting our trip on the 4 day cruise on DCL then staying a few nights at OKW after our return before returning home. I am planning on renting a car after we return from the cruise to get to OKW. I guess what I am asking is should I fly into Orlando and take the bus down to Port Canaveral or fly into Melbourne? I plan on renting the car in Cape Canaveral after the cruise, driving to OKW and returning the car at Orlando International. Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated.

Joe

We flew into Orlando the two Magic trips we did and drove to Vero Beach for a few days before going to PC on Magic. Then, on the way back, we used Disney Transportation to MCO.

We've not flown out of Melbourne.

I would take the Disney transportation from the cruise to OKW. With the free ME, there really would be no need to do a car at all this trip, unless you need a grocery stop. You could use a cab for that, which would be much cheaper than a car rental.

Do some pricing on the car rental websites for weekly rentals out of MCO. If your trip is a total of 6 or 7 days, renting a car for the week may turn out to be your best option - even if it sits in the port parking lot for 4 of the 7 days. We rented a car (intermediate) for 8 days for $118 including taxes and fees.

Best wishes -

CarolMN said:
Do some pricing on the car rental websites for weekly rentals out of MCO. If your trip is a total of 6 or 7 days, renting a car for the week may turn out to be your best option - even if it sits in the port parking lot for 4 of the 7 days. We rented a car (intermediate) for 8 days for $118 including taxes and fees.

Best wishes -
That's a possibility, just factor in the extra costs for the car. Parking at port canaveral is about $10/day if I recall. And you'll easily put on 200 miles so figure another $20 for gas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter