Any recent passenger counts?

mrsgthatsme

Mouseketeer
We are sailing the Dream next week and were hopeful for a ship that wasn't completely full, but when I pull up the Costco site for this cruise, it shows it almost 100% full when only a week ago it was showing many open staterooms! Do you think it is actually full or is DCL still holding back staterooms to limit capacity or due to staffing shortages? Thanks!

I can't answer with certainty for Disney's cruise ships, but Royal Caribbean's have definitely been sailing at full capacity for months and I'm fairly sure that's also true for other major cruise lines. I'd be surprised if Disney wasn't sailing at or very close to full.

I believe the ship is pretty full. I don't think Disney (or any of the other lines) are leaving many open staterooms any more.

I was on the Oct 6-10 sailing and the count I was told was 3700 onboard. I tried to upgrade from an ocean view to a verandah (with boarding group 2) and was originally told that there was no verandahs available. But they took my info in case of a cancellation and I did get a notification a few hours later and was able to move to a verandah. There were a lot of little kids on the ship. It was the most crowded a ship has felt to me in a long time. Thankfully the adult only areas weren't that crowded.

Remember all staterooms sold does not necessarily equal max passenger capacity. And likewise, max passenger capacity may leave some staterooms unbooked/unused. But no I do not think DCL is holding back many (if any) staterooms at this point.

As mentioned, the Dream had 3700 for the 10/6-10 cruise and was told that for the next cruise that just departed they were at about 2500. The hurricane reschedules added about 1200 to our cruise and without that would have been 2500. Having said that, we only really felt the crowds on the upper deck during our sea day. They are able to spread people out on the ship very well.

We just sailed on the Magic at just over 80%. I don't think that was intentional on Disney's part though. (2,200/2,700)

We leave in two weeks on the fantasy b2b. I think my first cruise will be lighter, but the second cruise (Nov 6) will be packed. It’s a holiday week.

We leave in two weeks on the fantasy b2b. I think my first cruise will be lighter, but the second cruise (Nov 6) will be packed. It’s a holiday week.
Someone posted on the 8 night FB page that there are only 200 cabins not booked once the GTY cabins were assigned. I think it will be pretty crowded, unfortunately!

Someone posted on the 8 night FB page that there are only 200 cabins not booked once the GTY cabins were assigned. I think it will be pretty crowded, unfortunately!
The Oct. 29th cruise still is available to book the restricted rate in all 3 categories. The Nov 6 is only available at restricted in veranda only and both inside and OV have only a couple of rooms left. I’m sure both will be crowded, but Nov worse. The numbers continue to rise. For our 5 post covid cruises: Feb=2200; Apr=2400; Sept=2900; so expecting to hit 3000+. Big change from August & September 2021 = 900-1000 on those.

The Oct. 29th cruise still is available to book the restricted rate in all 3 categories. The Nov 6 is only available at restricted in veranda only and both inside and OV have only a couple of rooms left. I’m sure both will be crowded, but Nov worse. The numbers continue to rise. For our 5 post covid cruises: Feb=2200; Apr=2400; Sept=2900; so expecting to hit 3000+. Big change from August & September 2021 = 900-1000 on those.
The 8 night cruise last year had 1000 people on it. I am expecting this one to feel much different!

The 8 night cruise last year had 1000 people on it. I am expecting this one to feel much different!
You’ll be in for a shock. My September cruise (last month) felt very crowded at 2900. At least it’s been gradual for me. Just a couple weeks away.

I’ve done a few since the restart, Magic at both 1600 and 1800, Dream at 1600, and the Fantasy at 3200 which felt the most crowded BY FAR. That extra 10-15% makes a huge difference.

As mentioned, the Dream had 3700 for the 10/6-10 cruise and was told that for the next cruise that just departed they were at about 2500. The hurricane reschedules added about 1200 to our cruise and without that would have been 2500. Having said that, we only really felt the crowds on the upper deck during our sea day. They are able to spread people out on the ship very well.
2500 would have been WELL under capacity, and even 3700 is under capacity, correct me if I'm wrong?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter