Any other DISers trying to concieve? Reread OP for the QOTD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone :)

I want to join in too :) Dh and I (both 29) have been married for a little over 3.5 years and just started ttc this month. We were planning to start trying while we were on spring break in March but he broke his ribs so there went that idea. Now we are just having fun doing the deed and seeing what happens (I have another week-week and a half before I find out). I am not charting or anything like that because I don't wake up at the same time every day and am usually completely incoherent in the morning. (I'm a night girl)

I've been off bc since december and have been regular from the 1st cycle. That didn't surprise me as much even though I had been on bc for almost 10 yrs b/c I had been regular since I got my very fist AF!

I'm just nervous that we won't be able to have kids since we're both older and DH has some health issues that could play a factor in our fertility, but we don't know yet if any of that will be a problem.

As for who we've told: I'd say most of our close friends and family know that we're thinking about it and will probably start TTC sometime this summer or fall. I don't mind them knowing, and I know they'll be a great support network if there are any problems along the way.

We have been trying for 4 years. I loved being pg and immediatley started trying again after we had DS. Well, 4 years later, no babies. I have been reluctant to go on clomid but I start it after we return from disney.
I am going to order those ovulation tests from the link. Maybe that will do the trick! I have been praying for a little souvenior from our trip as well! We leave in 8 days :cool1:

texasthree said:
We have been trying for 4 years. I loved being pg and immediatley started trying again after we had DS. Well, 4 years later, no babies. I have been reluctant to go on clomid but I start it after we return from disney.
I am going to order those ovulation tests from the link. Maybe that will do the trick! I have been praying for a little souvenior from our trip as well! We leave in 8 days :cool1:

Good luck!!! pixiedust:

Good Morning everyone! I found this thread last night, but DH was sitting beside me and he doesn't understand why I share some of the stuff I do here.
Anyway...He and I will probably start TTC this summer. He's 26, I'll be 25 next month. He graduates from med school in two weeks and we move into our new house in three. He'll finally be earning a paycheck and stopping adding to his school debt. :rolleyes: We're going to Hawaii the first week of June so we may start trying when we get back.

I've had lots of issues with Endometriosis...had severe abdominal pain 3 years ago and after an exploratory laproscopy, found out my tubes were blocked and I was basically a mess down there (to make a long story short). Went on Lupron which sent me into menopause for 6 long months to try and shrink the growths and clean me up a bit. After that, been on continuous bc so I haven't had a period in almost 3 years. I know that I have to go off the bc to TTC, but I'm nervous about how fast the Endo will start growing again. Ironic thing is my DH is starting his OB-GYN residency in July, so I'll have lots of experts close at hand. Guess that's a good thing! :)

Oh yeah, as to who we've told...other than you all, no one officially. They all know we're going to start trying soon, but no one knows an official time. (I guess we don't know an official time either :) ) We have a niece (my BIL and SIL) who turned one yesterday and she has really cranked up the "baby want" in me. :love:

In response to your question - do I overplan? - my DH would say YES!! For me, December (when I *may* go off the pill) is a long way off, but I still like to think about it. For him, that sounds sooo soon! :rotfl:

That's just the way we are though. I overplan everything - from our wedding to Disney trips. I just love to think and talk about the future!

Yeah....me. But, I'm everyone worst nightmare, so I don't want to bring the entire place down. ;)

Good luck to everyone. :wizard:

I'm with you! 6 years and still no baby. We have 4 incredible adopted kids, but I still want to have one baby. I want to experience pg and infancy (we got our kids at 7,6,4,& 2). Our kids really want a baby sibling too.

Unfortunately, our insurance doesn't cover treatment, and we can't afford to try much. We have had every test run and can't find a problem. My ob/gyn is trying to get me into the program with the residents at a nearby hospital so that we can try IUI without paying $1500/cycle. I'm still praying for a miracle.

Welcome to all!! I am glad to have some people here on the DIS to commiserate with!! (And share the joy when the test is a BFP!!)!

I usually chart, but stopped in Feb. I will start up again this cycle.

I did Clomid before I got pg with my son. Got pregnant the first month. Unfortunately, at my 8 week u/s, the baby had no heartbeat. That was the month (August 2003) we swore off trying until December 2004. We got a very welcome (but scary) surprise on November 4, 2003 - a flaming positive test.

TTC is the most emotional time in someone's life, but the child in the end is SOO worth it. I would go through all that pain and heartbreak again, to be blessed with my child..

Well, I guess since there are other people who have been trying for a long time are here, too, I don't have to back off out of fear of being the killjoy! :goodvibes

Long story short:

Stopped birth control in 2004.
Tried for 8 months. Nothing.
Went to doctor. I'm all good.
DH went to doctor. A little below average, but nothing to indicate any problem.
Did 3 months of Clomid and had to stop because I over-responded on 25mg. :guilty:
Did 2 IUIs. Nothing.
First IVF: Negative. I over-responded again and my poor eggs were fried.
Second IVF: Positive! Lost it. Thought it was over. Nope. HCG still rising. Turns out Baby B was ectopic. Mercifully, it expelled itself and I miscarried it naturally.
I'm on my way to IVF #3, but I'm still trying to emotionally get over everything, so I'm taking a bit of a break.

The 2nd round was bad. After retrieval, I spent time in the hospital and spent 2 weeks on bedrest loaded up on pain meds. During the miscarriage of the ectopic, I was hospitalized again and again put on bedrest for week with pain meds. My mother tells me not to do that again. What the heck am I supposed to do? It's easy for her to say....she's been pregnant, she's had a baby. She has no idea. She has this idea that if I stop all the procedures, it'll happen. She can't accept that it doesn't work that way.

On the bright side, I'm now an expert, so if anyone has any questions, ask away. Maybe that's my contribution instead of fear and horror. :teeth:

beckmrk04 said:
Thanks!!

It's funny how long I have spent praying that my birth control not fail, but now that I'm ready for kids, I can't help thinking it's going to take forever!! :rotfl:

Does anyone else feel like they overplan things? I guess it has always been my nature to learn as MUCH about something as I possibly can before I make a decision, and this baby-making business has been no different!
Okay, this made me laugh so much! I know that feeling all to well!!! All those years of being with my DH (we've been together 10 years now) and we prayed that the bc wouldn't fail. Now I do wonder how long it will take.

I am normally a planner by nature. I love to plan things out. I have a tendency to do that for vacations for friends too! But this I've actually tried to take the opposite approach. I've heard many friends tell me that the whole stress of charting and the like can be too much to deal with. So I've decided to be more "natural" about it. Though I do find myself looking up how the ovulation tests and the like work :rolleyes1

Just wanted to say welcome to everyone on the thread. I am glad it was started!

Good luck texasthree! We hoped for a little souvenier our last trip to WDW as well.

AllyandJack said:
Well, I guess since there are other people who have been trying for a long time are here, too, I don't have to back off out of fear of being the killjoy! :goodvibes

Long story short:

Stopped birth control in 2004.
Tried for 8 months. Nothing.
Went to doctor. I'm all good.
DH went to doctor. A little below average, but nothing to indicate any problem.
Did 3 months of Clomid and had to stop because I over-responded on 25mg. :guilty:
Did 2 IUIs. Nothing.
First IVF: Negative. I over-responded again and my poor eggs were fried.
Second IVF: Positive! Lost it. Thought it was over. Nope. HCG still rising. Turns out Baby B was ectopic. Mercifully, it expelled itself and I miscarried it naturally.
I'm on my way to IVF #3, but I'm still trying to emotionally get over everything, so I'm taking a bit of a break.

The 2nd round was bad. After retrieval, I spent time in the hospital and spent 2 weeks on bedrest loaded up on pain meds. During the miscarriage of the ectopic, I was hospitalized again and again put on bedrest for week with pain meds. My mother tells me not to do that again. What the heck am I supposed to do? It's easy for her to say....she's been pregnant, she's had a baby. She has no idea. She has this idea that if I stop all the procedures, it'll happen. She can't accept that it doesn't work that way.

On the bright side, I'm now an expert, so if anyone has any questions, ask away. Maybe that's my contribution instead of fear and horror. :teeth:

Hugs sweetie :hug: I'm sure you will be telling us some good news soon! :cloud9: :grouphug:

SDFgirl said:
Hi! Can I ask why this is? I am a teacher too, and my DH and I were married in December. We have tentatively planned for me to go off the pill in December 2006. I know it will take 6 months or so for my cycles to regulate, so maybe I'll conceive in July or August...(which sounds like it's a good thing, but I don't know why!! :cool1: )

Also can I ask - if it's not too personal - why did you chart your temperatures a year before you TTC? (just curious if this is something I should think about).

As the other poster said, conceiving in July would mean I'd have all summer with my baby. Right now, I get zero paid maternity leave (and only 6 weeks off). Boo!!

Regarding the other question, my BCP ran out about a year before we decided to try, so I charted because we were TTA (trying to avoid). But it was nice learning about my cycle.

Annette VA said:
First off, that's great that y'all are TTC - y'all will be some fun parents!

Thanks! I sure hope we are good ones, too. :teeth:

backmrk04 said:
Today's question: who have you told that you are TTC, if anyone?

Oh, geez. We couldn't keep it secret. I told some of my friends, he told some of his friends and 2 days later, everyone in town knew. :rolleyes: I want to wait at least two months before we tell when we actually get pregnant, but I know it'll be hard to keep it secret. Especially if I'm working and I have morning sickness.

On another note, I also wanted to mention that just because your cycles are irregular, it doesn't mean you aren't ovulating. It just means you won't know when you are ovulating, and that's the trick! That's why some doctors ask you wait a few months off BCP - just so they can predict your due date better. I'm sure we all know people who have gotten pregnant off the first month of BCP.

GL to everyone! Looks like we need a little baby pixie dust!

Good luck to all of you girls! I am sure the BFP will be pouring in very soon. I past the TTC part of my life. We were very fortunate and had very little problems TTC. If any of you live close to Texas, I would be happy to send some of my water to you--I am sure their is something in it that made me very fertile (5 kiddos in 5 years)!!! :sunny:

I love to her all of your stories. Keep up the positive thoughts. Hope you do not mind me sticking around reading your stories and sending postive thoughts and prayers out for all of you!! :wizard:

How long do they generally suggest being off of BC before TTC? We want to start trying in the fall...We are hoping for a due date in the summer since DH is a teacher. I'm thinking this month should be my last month of pills. My appt with my OB/GYN isn't until mid June and it's hard to catch her or a nurse on the phone for a non-emergency.

First off, :hug: to helenabear about losing your mother at such a young age. And another :hug: to AllyandJack, our stories have some similarities.

Wanted to say good luck to you all, and that it's a great idea to be able to talk here with others going through the same thing. Back in 1994-97 when I was going through infertility treatment, there was nothing like this available, and I withdrew from a lot of the people close to me who already had children and seemingly didn't understand the difficulty I was going through.

I was lucky enough to have a successful twin pregnancy through IVF, currently my boy and girl are 8 1/2 years old. I still feel like I won the lottery in having them, but it seems like only yesterday I was deep in the muck of trying to become pregnant - the process is not something you easily forget.

We also had extra embryos from our IVF which we gave up for adoption, and very soon there will be a baby born to another infertile couple as a result of that adoption. That took a long time to come to terms with, but we are happy for this baby and couple, and in sharing this story wish to offer hope to others wishing to experience pregnancy but unable to conceive. :sunny:

Hey skuttle, maybe we can go through this again together! DS turns 3 this Saturday and I think we are going to try this summer for #2. As I am 35 it should be a ride!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter