Any other DISers trying to concieve? Reread OP for the QOTD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

beckmrk04

<font color=red> Considers naming first-born Coca-
I noticed we have a Mom's to be thread, and a New Mommy thread- but I thought I would start one for those of us who are trying to get pregnant!

If I'm not the only one, that is! :lmao:

I would like this to be a place to ask questions of other people or women who have already "been there, done that," as well as find a little support- I know not everyone in my RL is as interested in this stuff as I am... :)

So, I'll start with an intro: My name is Becky, I'll be 25 on May 28th, and my dh (26) and I have been together about 5 1/2 years, and married for 1 1/2. We just started really trying last week after I got the ok from my doctor! :goodvibes

I have been charting my temps for one whole cycle, though- and I don't think I ovulated this time around- but I wasn't shocked; I just stopped the Nuva Ring last month. Hopefully I'll ovulate this month, because I will be in...... WDW!!!! A souvenir!!! :lmao:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

QOTD 10/03- What is your favorite firming lotion? What do you use to prevent stretchmarks? Anything?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As promised, here are the new lists!! If you need to be added to either one, please PM me!

BFPs!!!!
Syrreal
Pollito916 (EDD Feb. 12)
tiggersmom2 (EDD Feb. 17)
aces_babydoll (EDD Feb. 14)
beckmrk04 (EDD Mar. 6)
FlyingBelle

Here are some links- if you have a website link you'd like to share- PM me and I'll add it!

Baby Shopping Links
www.babyenvy.com
www.babydepot.com (check out the Mickey baby bedding! Too cute!)
www.distinctivenurseries.com
www.babysupermall.com
www.pregnancystore.com
www.proudbody.com

Fun Links
www.thepregnancytester.com
www.facade.com (this one is a astrology/fortune telling website- check out free tarot readings or the YES/NO pen!!)

TTC Links
www.twoweekwait.com
www.fertilityfriend.com
www.peeonastick.com
www.pregnancy.org
www.babycenter.com
www.americanpregnancy.com
www.thenest.com (Check out the "Babies on the Brain" message board)
www.sheknows.com

DH and I are thinking baby in the next year or so, but we are not actively TTC yet. Ideally, I love to lose about 30 lbs. or so before we TTC, but I'd be happy losing 20 more (already down almost 30, but really want to be below 150).

Todd&Copper: Welcome!! I am trying to lose weight too. I have dropped 10 lbs or so, and I am still trying to eat right and exercise. I figure those things will help when I actually get pregnant too, as well as afterwards.

Good luck to all of you TTC. I am a been there, done that, had trouble, overcame it kind of woman. I would be happy to share my experience if anyone is interested.

The best advice I can give is to take control of your own fertility / infertility treatment. Learn as much as you can along the way, and ask as many questions as you can. Become a partner, and not just a follower in your care.

I have been blessed with two beautiful DD's, which made the long journey worth it. :sunny:

Denae

Edited to add: beck - I used to live in St. Louis. I went to school at St. Andrew's and lived in Lemay - many years ago.

:wave2: Hi Denae!

I would love for you to share any experience, wisdom, advice, etc. I'm glad you were able to overcome your troubles and be fortunate enough to have two DDs!!

I have read "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" and I cannot reccomend that book to enough people!! It is so informative; I considered myself highly educated about anatomy and the physiological processes of reproduction, but I learned SO MUCH!! I mostly learned how really ignorant I was about the processes that take place in my body!

I am lucky to have a really good ob/gyn! She is awesome and has really taken the time to answer all of my questions (which I always have written down before my appt- so I don't forget them!).

:wave:

Hi....my name is Kristy and I'm 29. My DH Derek (40) and I have been ttc since May '05. We discovered in January that dh has fertility issues. He will be going in for surgery on May 16th. After that I have an appt on May 22nd with my doctor to start the process of IVF.

I wish you all the best of luck in conceiving. It's not always as easy as you would like for it to be, but you have to stay positive and keep your options open for other ways of conceiving.

Good luck to you, I'm just practicing alot and hoping our days of changing diapers are long gone!

Hi Kristy!! Good to hear that you have a plan of action! You will definitely have to keep us updated on how everything is going! Many many good wishes!

dadto1: :lmao: Thanks for the good wishes, and happy practicing! ;)

beckmrk04 said:
:wave2: Hi Denae!

I would love for you to share any experience, wisdom, advice, etc. I'm glad you were able to overcome your troubles and be fortunate enough to have two DDs!!

I am lucky to have a really good ob/gyn! She is awesome and has really taken the time to answer all of my questions (which I always have written down before my appt- so I don't forget them!).

In a nutshell, after 2 1/2 years of intfertility treatments, I asked to be tested for PCOS. I had it, I started meds, and was PG within three weeks. They should have paid me for the diagnosis. I should have spoken up months earlier, but went along with the process, not realizing I had never been tested. Information is your friend!

Don't be afraid to ask for a referral to a reproductive endocrinologist if you feel you have come to an impasse with your OB/GYN. And remember, it often takes a long time to get an appointment with and RE, so ask early, and continue to chart your temp as evidence you have been trying for a certain lentgh of time.

This thread is such a good idea, beck!

Good luck to you Kristy! And happy practicing dadto1. We are at the practicing stage too, but I wish DH was shooting blanks instead of me being on the pill, but that's a subject for another thread.

Denae

Oooh ME ME ME! I am Andrea (28 YIKES!) and my dear hubby and I have 1 son - who will be 2 next month. He is a true gift from God. We had 5 m/c over a 3 year span before I got pregnant with him (on our month "off" of trying..go figure). Anyway, we are heading to WDW in 17 days...and I will be at the perfect place in my cycle to TTC #2! So, as of this month, we are officially TTC!!! YEAH!!

I hope all of us has a short stay here!!

Thanks Denae- your advice is very good. I think sometimes, especially because trying to concieve is so emotional, that we get scared to speak up where doctors are concerned!! It's a good thing you did, though! And thanks- I thought it was a good idea too!! ;) :rotfl:

I really started this thread because none of my other friends are TTC, or even close, really, and they get sick of me talking about it (I don't think they understand how quite preoccupied you can become). I have wanted to start trying for over a year now, and it just hasn't been the right time. And then my SIL told me two months ago that she and BIL were trying, and I was devastated and jealous! Not unhappy for them, just jealous and upset with my own situation, because dh and I wanted to try too, and now she's pregnant already!!! I was upset and happy and excited and sad all at the same time when she told me.

But, she and I are very close and we have talked about this all the way through, and I am now totally pumped to be an aunt, and excited that I have permission from my doc to start trying finally!

Minnesota! said:
Oooh ME ME ME! I am Andrea (28 YIKES!) and my dear hubby and I have 1 son - who will be 2 next month. He is a true gift from God. We had 5 m/c over a 3 year span before I got pregnant with him (on our month "off" of trying..go figure). Anyway, we are heading to WDW in 17 days...and I will be at the perfect place in my cycle to TTC #2! So, as of this month, we are officially TTC!!! YEAH!!

I hope all of us has a short stay here!!

Congratulations on TTC #2 Andrea!!! How ODD- I will be leaving for WDW in 15 days and will be at the perfect time in my cycle too!!! :goodvibes Maybe we'll both bring home something a little extra!! :teeth:

I was so excited to see this post. I am 26 and DH is 31. I was just diagnosed with PCOS last week after 2 miscarriages last fall. I am currently taking Metformin and if we are lucky I caught it in time to get pregnant this month. I look forward to having many chats with you all.

Hi penguingirlie!!

Anyone else charting temps? I have been for about a month now. But this morning, I had a weird thing happen- my period!! On cycle day 20!! Any clues/guesses? This is my first period off birth control so I am chalking it up to that- I guess my cycle might be irregular for a while. Heck, I don't remember what it was like before birth control.

Count me into the group! :wave2:

I'm Allison (30) and my DH, Kory, is 29. I've been charting for over a year, but just started TTC in January of this year. So I guess I'm on my 4th month of trying (very long cycles, yippie me).

Anyway, this will be our first and we're so excited. DH is a baby magnet - he loves them and they love him. I can't wait to add to the family (me, him, dog and cat :teeth: ).

I can usually help with charting questions since I've been doing it so long. Although, since I've figured out my cycle, I don't really chart anymore. I'll temp a few times when I'm ovulating, but not after that. I just wait it out. I think charting makes you crazy and more stressed. Although, if I'm not pregnant by the end of June, I'm going to buy an Ovulation Predictor Kit so that I can pin-point the exact day of O. Since I'm a teacher, getting pregnant in July or Aug. is ideal and desired!!

Good luck to everyone! Hopefully we'll all be on the mommies-to-be thread soon!

beckmrk04 said:
Anyone else charting temps? I have been for about a month now. But this morning, I had a weird thing happen- my period!! On cycle day 20!! Any clues/guesses? This is my first period off birth control so I am chalking it up to that- I guess my cycle might be irregular for a while. Heck, I don't remember what it was like before birth control.

Is it a heavy flow or could it just be spotting?

You are right though, the first few months off BC, you will have an irregular cycle. As I look back on my charts, they went something like this:

C#1 - 30 days
C#2 - 36 days
C#3 - 32 days
C#4 - 27 days

Then it averaged about 30 days until C#8 which was 38 days! :confused3 It took until a few months ago to steady out.

If I were you, I'd sex it up every other day since you won't be able to tell when you O'd until it's already happened. Have fun! rereeaah! :love:

I'll quietly reply to this thread. I admit I am always shy when it comes to talking about this.

I'm Elaine and 29. My DH (28) and I have been at this since the beginning of the year. I admit charting and all that isn't quite my style since I know that would add stress and pressure to me. I did quit my job last year in hopes to get our lives settled into a more relaxing routine and to make sure we can survive on one income (we want me to stay at home). We've been married just shy of 6 years so we feel ready to try this.

Since we don't chart, we just enjoy ourselves and have fun ;) Seriously I was told that the best advice for getting pregnant was to "do the deed" about every other day from the last day of your period up to whenever it starts. So that's our mentality. We don't make it work though, as we both have "healthy" appetites. It's never been a chore for us so far ;)

No luck yet, but I have my annual with my OB/GYN next month and we'll see if there is anything else we can do that might help. I'm shy about drugs since even BC pills made me feel awful and we don't want to add stress. I think if we have no luck after a year we'll look into adoption.

But, for now we are having fun and hopeful, but not pressuring ourselves. I do hope that by the end of the summer we will be lucky though.

Good luck to everyone here :)

vettechick99 said:
Since I'm a teacher, getting pregnant in July or Aug. is ideal and desired!!
QUOTE]

Hi! Can I ask why this is? I am a teacher too, and my DH and I were married in December. We have tentatively planned for me to go off the pill in December 2006. I know it will take 6 months or so for my cycles to regulate, so maybe I'll conceive in July or August...(which sounds like it's a good thing, but I don't know why!! :cool1: )

Also can I ask - if it's not too personal - why did you chart your temperatures a year before you TTC? (just curious if this is something I should think about).

DH and I are getting close to TTC - he's taking me to England in June and we're discussing starting after we get back. I'm 34, and DH is turning 40 in Oct., so I'm all in favor of getting this going sooner rather than later. I'm not expecting this to be easy given our ages. We've only been married 2 years; it just took us a long time to find each other, I guess! :love:

When we were dating, DH was all for having kids. But I think the reality of how much change marriage brought to his life made him hesitant to bring more change in with the addition of kids. I was starting to think that he would completely change his mind about having kids, but then our good friends E & M had a baby girl. I'm now nannying for baby G. at our house, so DH is seeing a little of what it's like to have a baby around. And truth be told, kids love him and he's really a softie for babies. DH now calls baby G. our "practice baby" :rotfl: and he's starting to tell other close friends and family that we're getting ready to "upgrade from the practice version to the full-time model".

So I've made the preliminary Dr. appointment, and I've been doing Weight Watchers for 18 months now and have lost 23 lbs. :cool1: and I'm at my target weight. I'm going to start charting at the begining of my next cycle (which should be Friday if I'm on schedule this month) just to get a sense of what my cycles are like before we start TTC.

Oh, and my old roommate called me this week and she's pregnant! Due in Dec., and they got pregnant the first month that she started charting. Very funny! She's 6 mo. older than I am, and we lived together for 6 years, and she got married 6 mo. before I did, so she says this means that I should have a baby next June just to keep the 6 mo. pattern going. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter