Any other American Idol fans?

Not really happy about Chris going and Elliot staying, but you're right...he was an arrogant SOB, and now I'm not really UNhappy about him going, either. I do hope Katharine beats out Elliot, though. Still not seeing the attraction...

It took SO LONG to get through last night!! Even with 3 numbers each I was a full 1/2 hr hitting redial...Good thing I like House...

I just don't get the Elliot thing. Paula calling him a "funky white boy" and all...I mean, I guess he's good, but he never did anything for me, and I'm surprised every week that he is still there.

Katherine was good, and you know she has a big fan base cause she is there and Chris is gone. She did Simon's pick well, but the other songs were OK. How much of her success is just because she is just so cute though?

My fav is still Taylor! :dancer:
He has such personality! And he looks like he is relaxed and really enjoying himself now. You know no matter what happens, he is set for life.

I love Taylor!!! I see him in the finals with Katherine. I agree I don't get the Elliot thing, but I am glad he did so well!

I'm a little upset. I was able to get through for Taylor, but not Katharine. I guess that's a good sign, that Kat will be there next week. I'm hoping for Kat and Taylor, too.

:cool1: :dancer: Taylor is awesome!!! :dancer: :cool1:

I consulted dialidol.com again this morning and it looks like Elliot is indeed going home!! Taylor is pulling in the most votes overall!!! :banana:

My DD is 5 & LOVES Taylor!!! She says he is her boyfriend & she wants to go see him in California next year for her birthday instead of another trip to WDW!!! What is wrong with her??? Didn't I raise her better?? :rolleyes1 :confused3 Oh well~

:banana: :cheer2: Happy idol watching!!! :cool1: :Pinkbounc

I'm torn - I thought Kat was better than Elliot last night, especially considering Somewhere Over the Rainbow but I thought Elliot was good. His songs didn't seem special to me :confused3

Let's just give it to Taylor and forget about all this fuss :love:

Personally, i can NOT stand Kathrine and she is just a female version of chris's ego. I do think she (and chirs) have good voices, but i would rather see someone with a good personality AND a good voice take it all. I just about got sick when Kat said "you guys have been pretty hard on me" last week. Pa-leeze, if you're going to get comments about your singing you cant always expect them to love you... well paula will always love you, but randy and especially simon will tell you how it is.

I HOPE TO GOD that Taylor takes the title of "American Idol".

And this rant o' mine is not meant to be bashing any Kat fans. I do think she has a good voice, however taylor has the whole package.... I hoped Elliott was going to win cuz he is quite the guy, and i thought he had a great voice... the only problem with him is i can't really see him entertaining like Taylor does.

whew.

Ok there is my 2 cents...

I saw Paula on Larry King the other night and she was talking about sho she would've wanted to win and she said "I think Chris deserved to win, I think Elliot deserved to win, I think Taylor derserves to win...Oh, and Katherine deserves to be there too." So I don't think that even she likes Katherine that much.

And, epfootballcutie04, I agree with you. Although it's hard to post here because I know most of you don't like Elliot and are happy with the results, I think Katherine should've gone home Wednesday night. IMO Elliot was better than her vocally- Simon did call him "the best male vocalist we've ever had on the show" one time- and I also think he was one of the nicest people to ever be on the show. While Katherine does have a good voice, it is often hidden by unnecessary runs and other decorations. Like when Simon said the analogy about the apple pie and too much cream on top. That's why I loved when she sang "Somewhere Over the Rainbow", because that was her pure voice and nothing else. So again don't hurt me because this is just my opinion, I just wanted to offer a different side.

Just MHO. I really liked the way they both seemed relaxed last night. I think it must be really hard to sing a song with your Mom and Dad crying in the audience. I could NEVER do that, and Katherine did it well. She did sing the 2 songs that I liked for her, and the new single I thought was great. Not sure why the judges panned it...and I didn't think it was fair, and they should have stressed her singing, not the song choice.

That said, I still like Taylor better. I think he is a great entertainer. I think his song picks were subdued, but he made them his own, and that was great.

Did anyone else notice how Ryan almost sat Chris in his seat? He didn't want him to say anything more than "HI" and it looked like Chris was ready to start giving an interview or something. "You have a great seat there, why don't you sit in it..." was just too funny. I was really sorry that Elliot wasn't there for the last show. Maybe it was too difficult for him to be there, but after last week, I realized how special he really was as a person. I hope we hear from him again in the future. He really had heart.

I tried for 2 hrs to call...always busy, busy, busy! I finally did the text thing about 5x, and got 1 confirmation. Sheesh...that's crazy!! :teeth:

:cheer2: :cheer2: Go Taylor :cheer2: :cheer2: :dancer:

I watched the show last night. I noticed that they were relaxed too. There is just something abut Taylor that bugs me however I'm not a huge Kat fan either. I did get through 3 times for Kat last night. I got through once really quick and then the other two times later in the evening.

I can't wait for tonight. I actually like when they have all the contestants sing the silly medlies.

I wish I knew who wrote those songs for their "debut single"...they stank like rotten eggs! Still, Taylor performed his version so much more musically than Kat.
I gave 1st round to Taylor...Kat's song just didn't challenge her.
I gave 2nd round to Kat...just can't beat her rendition of "Somewhere Over The Rainbow".
3rd Round and game went to Taylor...just like I knew it would. I fear the album, though, if the same jamokes write the songs for it.

ddavis860 said:
I was really sorry that Elliot wasn't there for the last show. Maybe it was too difficult for him to be there, but after last week, I realized how special he really was as a person. I hope we hear from him again in the future. He really had heart.

Elliot was in the audience, wasn't he? I thought I saw him a couple of times last night. In fact, I'm sure he was because my hubby commented that it looked like he was wearing a boy scout shirt! I would have loved to see him up there last night. He was so humble and genuinely appreciative of the opportunity he had been given.

Still a Chris fan....but pulling for Taylor to win it tonight! :teeth:

carolinagirl said:
Elliot was in the audience, wasn't he? I thought I saw him a couple of times last night. In fact, I'm sure he was because my hubby commented that it looked like he was wearing a boy scout shirt! I would have loved to see him up there last night. He was so humble and genuinely appreciative of the opportunity he had been given.

Oh good, I must have missed him then. :teeth: I thought it was strange to not see him...I saw a bunch of the others.

I'm they only fan in my house, and my DH is off tonight (unexpectedly I might add :teeth: )....I already told him I was watching the final show, and he was like "Oh, :guilty: I thought we could do something fun tonight"... :rotfl2: Poor guy... :lmao:

Yep, Elliot was there. He was sitting on the other side of the aisle as the rest of them. Was it just me or did Katherine seem a little off-key at times on her last song? They both did really well, though.

So it's "the morning after" how does everyone feel about the outcome. I'm glad Taylor won!!!!! I liked Kat, but she just didn't seem to have the same consistancy as Taylor did. He was on every song, every night. She really struggled the last couple of weeks. When she just sings without trying too hard, she has a beautiful voice.

I really didn't care which of them won. LOL I know I'll buy their cds regardless.

I was impressed with the show overall. I loved all the duets and the medlies sounded great. The concerts this summer are going to be great if you can go.

I thought the show was really good. I still can't believe some of the guests...even DH the anti-idol was enjoying it...untill Prince came out though...glad that was towards the end, or we would have had a fight on our hands...Did Prince snub Ryan? It looked that way to me, did anyone else think it was strange that he just walked off without a word?

I thought Kat with the over dramatic Meatloaf was too funny...I couldn't tell if she was acting or really scared at some parts. Did she ask to sing with him? Elliot with MJ was great...and seeing the other 12 again was great. There were some really good singers that were voted off early, makes you kind of wonder...

Loved the set Chris did...Wow, he will have no trouble.

Wonder what stylist got a hold of Clay? They were commenting on the radio this morning that he looked like k d lang...which I would have to agree with...and I felt sorry for the guy who was on there with him, being the joke isn't much fun, even if you get to meet your idol.

I'm so glad that Taylor won. :teeth: I was begining to wonder if the show was going to end before they announced the winner...it was going so long...

Anyway, I'll be watching again next year...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter