Any other American Idol fans?

MeanLaureen

<font color=purple>Slam Dancer Extraordinaire<br><
With it being "Standards" night for the final 7 tonight on American Idol, I thought I would find out if there were any other AI fans on this board?

Who's your favorite? Who you you have pegged to win this year? Is there any you just can't stand?

My favorite is Taylor. :lovestruc :dancer:

I used to be on the Chris love train until he started sounding the same every week to me.

Kellie... ugh! Can she really be that stupid or is it an act?

I am getting a little frustrated right now...First you try and stake claim to Hugh Lauri and now you think you can have Taylor also! Hello...ever hear the word greedy! :teeth: ;)

Okay, yes I am addicted to this show, and yes I like Taylor. The only girl I liked is gone, so I am hoping for an all guy final.

Sorry, haven't really watched since the Reuben/Clay year. DW and I watched like fiends and wound up backing separate camps (me - Reuben and DW - Clay).

My DW is a little bit competitive :rolleyes: so, for some reason, we did not watch much of the following seasons. We do watch some of the auditions and make fun of them...knowing we would probably try out too if it came to our area :rotfl2:

:goodvibes We are pathetic Idol fans here!! My sis & my neice come over every Tues & Wed & we watch!! DD5 is obsessed with Taylor!! She loves him & Ace too!! Sis likes Chris, neice is pulling for Paris!! ( I would like to see her gone soon)

As for me, I have to put a WOO-WOO in for Taylor!! :thumbsup2

And yes, I truly think Kelly is not the brightest crayon in the box!! GEEZ!! :rotfl2:

We are Idol fans here too

DH and I are Taylor fans

Both girls want Chris to win

I have to say I was NOT impressed with most of them and there Queen performances

Hope tonight is better

I really like Chris! I know he sounds the same each week, but I think he is an excellent singer!! :) I like Taylor too!

I cannot stand Kellie and wish she would be voted off. I agree, Lauri, is she really that dumb? Did you hear her last week? "I have the community snot rag" :sad2: Who would say that on national tv?? LOL

The rest I don't really care about. I hope either Taylor or Chris wins!

:wave: I'm a fan too. My family isn't, so I have to watch with the hecklers, but I still watch. My son17, the musician, was having a FIT last week. The killing and dismemberment of the classic Queen songs almost did him in.

My fav is Taylor too, but I don't think he will win...never know though.

I think that Kellie is too much like Carrie, cute and Southern. I was a Bo fan from the begining. I liked Chris at first, and still do, but I'm not sure he will stay till the end. But then again, I was a Diana Digarmo fan, so, my record of picking the winners isn't that good. :confused3

ddavis860 said:
:wave: I'm a fan too. My family isn't, so I have to watch with the hecklers, but I still watch. My son17, the musician, was having a FIT last week. The killing and dismemberment of the classic Queen songs almost did him in.

My fav is Taylor too, but I don't think he will win...never know though.

I think that Kellie is too much like Carrie, cute and Southern. I was a Bo fan from the begining. I liked Chris at first, and still do, but I'm not sure he will stay till the end. But then again, I was a Diana Digarmo fan, so, my record of picking the winners isn't that good. :confused3

Ugh, I think the worst performance of last week was Paris doing "The Show Must Go On" and turning it into the biggest Queen Blasphamy fest known to man.

You just do NOT sing a song written basically as a tribute to one man's marriage crumbling and as the goodbye of a dying man to his fans while he pleads to let his music live on without him like she did with her strutting around, the "lets go hahaha" inbetween the lines and the little mini diva attitude. :furious: That song is sacred to Queen fans. I thought my husband was going to throw the tv out the window when he saw it.

Count me in on the American Idol bandwagon. I've liked Taylor from the beginning - no I'm not trying to steal him from you, I promise. Lately though, I've been leaning toward Katharine McPhee (and I do like Elliot's voice).

As a Queen fan, I was very disappointed with last week's choices. Love the standards - hope they live up to the music.

Does anyone see a similarity between Ace and Vinnie Barbarino (John Travolta in Welcome Back Kotter for those of you who remember!)? Notice when he tosses his head/hair and flashes those teeth.

Count me in. However I've not been over thrilled with any of them this year. I'm cheering for Chris and Kellie but just because of the NC connection. I think I would like Chris's CD since hopefully it wouldn't been the same song over and over.

Now that was a great quote from Kellie tonight... When all else fails, at least you can have great shoes....

Yeah, I can relate....

The shoes have to be great especially when you butcher the song.

Elliott and Katharine are my favorites.

Sooooooo sick of Kellie and Paris. :furious:

I'm jumping on the "I can't stand Kellie" bandwagon. Really hope she's not there next week.
I think Ace's performance tonight bought him another week, but I don't expect he'll make it to the final three.
I don't think Elliot will be there much longer. Although he has a pleasant voice, I really don't think I can look at him any more (yeah, looks-ism, I know, and I hate myself for it).
I adore Taylor. He's got showmanship, and a decent voice. I think Chris will make it to the final 3, if he keeps showing that he's more versatile than he had been in the past...tonight he was great. And as annoying as Parris can be, she's got a wonderful voice and tons of style...I choose her over Katharine (who sort of bores me, to be honest).
I predict Taylor and Parris will make it to the final 2.

Well here is my review of tuesdays "Standards" show :) Everything, of course, is JMHO and YMMV because I like using a lot of abbreviations ;)

Chris - for once he wasn't yelling at me.. and I liked it, but it still seemed to be "missing" something for me. Plus the outfit. Was it just me or did he look like a banker from an old western movie or a dealer from a gambling steamship. He was just missing the visor.

Paris - Meh. Something about her voice bugs me.. it's with the way she pronounciates words as she sings. Like the other week when she did country and was singing "how do I live without you" and it sounded like "How do I leeeeeeeeve without you?" The outfit was too old for her. She looked like a flight attendant on an all pink airline.

Taylor - SOUL PATROL! My man didn't disappoint! And you gotta love Rod Stewart dissing Simon telling Taylor not to listen to him about dancing and showmanship on the stage. Plus Rod got beeped. HEE!

Elliott - My hometown boy - he is improving. He seems to be getting his stage fright a bit more and is losing the deer caught in the headlights look. Plus he kept the vibrato in check to stay true to the music. My second favorite after Taylor.

Kellie - what was that I heard about 10 seconds into the song? The sound of 2 Amtrak trains heading towards each other on the same track at 60 MPH? Whoa.. trainwreck! She lost it and couldn't recover. She should have been able to recover and get back on tempo but it just got worse.. shows lack of showmanship. Last week Taylor did a Charlie Brown'esque' kick and a miss on the mic stand and almost landed on his keister but never missed a beat with his song. Is it time for the pickle to go home? Oh, I hope so! Don't PICK Pickler, KICK Pickler!

Ace - whoa dude.. lose the ponytail. You look like Kevin Federline and that is NOT a compliment. The song wasn't bad - but mind you it wasn't good either. Maybe I just don't get falsetto but I don't see how Randy thinks that is Ace's moneymaker. Wait, I do get falsetto. I like Prince. I like Earth Wind and Fire. It's BAD falsetto that I don't get! Ace, I have the feeling we will be hearing that song one more time tomorrow as you stand on the seal. Just hope you don't spew because you always look like you are on the verge of doing so when you are in the bottom 3

Katharine - pretty girl, good voice - needs intervention from Clinton and Stacy in the worst way. Hit one or two sour notes but overall good song. Unfortunately I don't think Katharine comprehends the lyrics because her emotions never seem to quite gel with her performance. 3rd best of the night - not quite as good to me as Simon made her out to be.

My bottom 3 - Ace, Paris, Kellie
Going home - Kellie (I wish) Ace in reality

MeanLaureen said:
Well here is my review of tuesdays "Standards" show :) Everything, of course, is JMHO and YMMV because I like using a lot of abbreviations ;)

Great summation so I'll just add my variations, of course JMHO ;)

I thought Paris had her strongest showing yet but I always have the feeling a little girl dressing up in Mommy's clothes - maybe it's the speaking voice?

Loved hearing Chris' voice but thought he looked a bit awkward and uncomfortable.

Loved Elliot but had a vision of the lounge singer while he was onstage.

Katharine - I'm a fan but didn't think it was her best - in the practice she sounded better on the Way you look tonight which Rod Stewart vetoed (since he's singing it!).

Ace's falsetto makes me cringe!

My bottom 3 - Ace, Kellie & Chris
Going home - I agree with you MeanLaureen - Kellie but wish it were Ace.

MeanLaureen said:
I agree with this and these would be my predictions as well. Although I hope it really is Kellie going home and not Ace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter